Abortion - The End of the Slippery Slope

So the struggling family only matters/warrants financial support during the pregnancy is basically what you are saying... once that baby is born pull yourself up by your bootstraps?

73% cite financial inability to care for a child, not financial inability to get through the pregnancy. I wish you guys would stop calling yourself pro life and just say anti abortion. It would be so much more honest... as I said we are just running around in circles so I will leave, got pulled back by artfuls somewhat different question and should have known better.

Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy
No, what I am saying is that struggling families have an abundance of resources available to help them get on their feet, and if applied properly, can be utilized to carry them through a personal financial crisis while the family works to stabilize their situation.

They are meant to be used temporarily to ease the burden of extreme or unexpected hardship, not become a never ending handout & a lifestyle of entitlement at the expense of others.

What kind of healthy, able-bodied, grown adult would expect, or even WANT to rely on the government to perpetually support their own family??!

That is shameful, lazy, asinine & flies in the face of everything this country stands for.

There is a difference between, say.......a battered woman who collects food stamps & vouchers for safe housing for herself and her 3 kids because she is fleeing her abusive ex-husband & is attending a technical school to get training to support herself & her kids so they don’t have to live in fear for their lives.....vs. a deadbeat bum of a father who is too lazy to get a job & would rather collect those same benefits just so he can lay around on the couch all day, drinking MD 20/20 and eating chips off his belly.

Hopefully you see the difference.

And yes——I am absolutely anti-abortion.

As I said earlier, I firmly believe abortion at any stage should be criminalized.

And EVERYONE, apart from the very wealthy, worries that they don’t have enough to support a child. And usually, those doubts are just natural apprehension we all get when facing a new responsibility, and they lift as you journey through parenthood, you realize that all a child really needs (that costs money) is food, shelter, & clothing.

Everything else they need, like tons of love, discipline, guidance, attention, play, etc...comes from the parents intuitively.

Society used to understand this. Not so long ago, children were correctly seen as a blessing instead of a burden, and families were larger, and this taught children to naturally be unselfish, to work together, to work hard and be thankful for the things they had.

Nowadays, people would rather have fewer kids, and spoil them rotten. Our thinking is backwards.

As I pointed out already, the decision to kill a child is made primarily out of selfishness.

Being a parent means you must now care more for the life you have created than your own, and your life no longer revolves around yourself. You cannot go out and do whatever you want, whenever you want.

It requires self-discipline, responsibility, accountability & availability.

And sadly, rather than make those necessary personal sacrifices to raise children into caring, responsible citizens, people who find it easier to “conveniently” kill their kids before they even have a CHANCE to live, prefer to simply sacrifice them instead.

Happy Valentine’s Day to you, as well. <3

mecca

Superstar
I can hear your point but that's not what happens in many countries.
This thread is specifically about the US. It's currently a common problem in the US... Many people want children but cannot afford to take care of one, they are not financially stable enough to raise a child yet. No one should be forced to give birth to an unwanted child that they know they aren't ready or able to adequately provide for.
tomorrow we will have a society who forbids parents to have kids if their genes aren't edited.

Then what? If you're modest you won't have the right to have kid anymore because it's expensive ect. and if you don't buy your baby, he won't have a number tattoed in his hand?

That's where it will end and it's not conspiracy.
None of that is happening and it seems like you're using the slippery slope fallacy.

This thread is specifically about the US. It's currently a common problem in the US... Many people want children but cannot afford to take care of one, they are not financially stable enough to raise a child yet. No one should be forced to give birth to an unwanted child that they know they aren't ready or able to adequately provide for.
No one IS “forced” to, Mecca.

That’s what pro-death people like to conveniently gloss over...nobody is running around leaving infants in baskets on women’s doorstep & saying “you MUST take care of the baby we issued you!”

Nobody is FORCING women to get pregnant.

The women are consciously CHOOSING to have sex, CHOOSING not to protect themselves.

They are fully aware that they could become pregnant, but they CHOOSE to go ahead and do it anyway.

Pregnancy is the result of CHOICES they made.

And they still chose to take that chance.

Actions have consequences, and a consequence of engaging in a sex act is pregnancy.

If you KNOW you aren’t competent enough to raise a child, then you should not CHOOSE to have sex.

Pregnancy is something that can easily AND consistently be avoided every time, and the woman has 100% COMPLETE CONTROL over it......it is literally GUARANTEED !!

If you do not have sex, you will NOT get pregnant.

Choosing to kill your baby—-to painfully kill an innocent baby, taking his/her LIFE because of actions YOU CHOSE to make——that is brutal, pre-meditated 1st degree MURDER.

DA71F4A2-10BB-4E79-BF51-5E35019C9486.jpeg

People can and will justify their actions in almost every way. Here we have people defending murder. Murder of infants. Murder of those who can't speak for themselves. Murder of those who can't defend themselves. Murder of those who did nothing wrong, but live. It's shocking. But more than that, it's tragic.

People can and will justify their actions in almost every way. Here we have people defending murder. Murder of infants. Murder of those who can't speak for themselves. Murder of those who can't defend themselves. Murder of those who did nothing wrong, but live. It's shocking. But more than that, it's tragic.
Remember that experiment they did in the 50's, to see what people were capable of? What they were capable of when they couldn't *see* other person? You know the one - a scientist tells someone to "shock" a person as part of an experiment if they answer wrong. At first people felt a little apprehensive about it, but under the guise of "science" and with bit of encouragement from the "professional" they were more than happy to shock the other person - even when they heard the screams and wails from the other side begging them to stop.

Well guess what folks? You're all part of the experiment. And you've failed. You've failed bigtime. And it's not just shocking someone. Now it's murder. You've been duped, hood-winked, and tricked into believing that it's OK to kill someone. Just a bunch of cells right? It's merciful right? They don't feel anything right? The 'ole propaganda machine got to you. The one you thought you were wise to. But you're just part of the machine. And you're going right along with the plan.

Agreed.

Only a truly wicked, evil person would justify murder of an innocent baby.

It is disappointing to see how cold people’s hearts have grown.

Remember that experiment they did in the 50's, to see what people were capable of? What they were capable of when they couldn't *see* other person? You know the one - a scientist tells someone to "shock" a person as part of an experiment if they answer wrong. At first people felt a little apprehensive about it, but under the guise of "science" and with bit of encouragement from the "professional" they were more than happy to shock the other person - even when they heard the screams and wails from the other side begging them to stop.

Well guess what folks? You're all part of the experiment. And you've failed. You've failed bigtime. And it's not just shocking someone. Now it's murder. You've been duped, hood-winked, and tricked into believing that it's OK to kill someone. Just a bunch of cells right? It's merciful right? They don't feel anything right? The 'ole propaganda machine got to you. The one you thought you were wise to. But you're just part of the machine. And you're going right along with the plan.
I had no idea of that experiment .

That is terrifying that people would do that. I wonder if that is why people often refer to TBTB as “the machine”?

It’s referenced everywhere in pop culture: the song by Pink Floyd, the band Rage Against the Machine, etc...

Valerio (aka 20 other banned accounts) vs "Artful Deceiver"

To recap for Artful Deceiver.

“Late Term” abortions are exceedingly rare, are only done out of necessity and not “convenience”. The VA law failed because it went too far. These are the facts of the situation.

In a way I wish NY would have waited until after 2020 as we are going to hear a constant barrage of infanticide rhetoric, and fundamentalists are the easiest manipulated voting bloc. This could get them out to vote in droves.
How rare?
Yes, I had the same rate in mind. 1,3% of a million is 13,000 a year. In the USA, less people die by firearm assaults. Are deaths of firearm assault rare?
In 2015 the CDC listed less than 640, 000 abortions, so far lower than what you said of 1m. See why I call you Artful Deceiver?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_statistics_in_the_United_States
Colonel,

The 1 million is an average taken from more or less the past 50 years. It tends to fluctuate around 1 million.

But at least you’re consistent in your interpretation of rare.
13k, 8k per year. The point remains the same.

And doesn’t the CDC have incomplete national stats? If I’m not mistaking some states don’t report the amount of abortions, including California which has one of the, if not the highest rate.
Lol no that's not how this works. The point does not remain the same as you tried to say that there were more "late term abortions" than gun murders, which is patently false. Considering the size of the US population 15,000 is rare anyway.

Edit : I apologize for calling you a rat under the floorboard of the universe, ( and for telling you to leave the forums ) but you did demagogue the shit out this issue and your post is riddled with inaccuracies.

abortion ncbi.png