"...a world of pure type 2 diabetes..."

polymoog

Superstar
moog here with another post that you cant live without if you wanna stay in school.

in the original willy wonka movie (really the ONLY willy wonka movie), the group goes into the chocolate room. wilder sings his song and then lets the group pig out on non-GMO sugary snacks.

Q: what do you eat, strictly based on taste?

thisll jolt your memory if youve forgotten whats in the room:

as a kid, i wanted that stuff that mike TV got from the tree. now, i want what veruca is eating out of that ball.

btw, even as a kid, it bothered me that they allowed the 'candy' mushroom that wilder picks to be so fake underneath.

Lisa

Superstar
I prefer Johnny Depp’s remake. I never did like Gene Wilder or his Willy Wonka.

polymoog

Superstar
I prefer Johnny Depp’s remake. I never did like Gene Wilder or his Willy Wonka.
gene wilder would kick you into the chocolate river himself. ill make sure @Jess has a golden ticket, too- im sure she would like to give you a few cracks with the green candy cane.

Lisa

Superstar
gene wilder would kick you into the chocolate river himself. ill make sure @Jess has a golden ticket, too- im sure she would like to give you a few cracks with the green candy cane.
If he were alive he might...but being that he would be waaayyyy older than me..he’d have to catch me first...lol!

Yep..you got the wrong Jess..I’m sure that Jess likes me. ;)

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
My favorite movie as a child!! The book is some kind of weird, though. But most of Roald Dahl’s books have a bit of a weird, off-putting thing about them.

I remember back when the band Veruca Salt came out and I loved that they were named after the character. I liked the band a lot!!

Johnny Depp was entirely too creepy so the first movie was definitely the best.
Gene Wilder was creepier.

polymoog

Superstar
Watching both movies (as an adult) you see that both versions of Wonka are creepy. It's only that Johnny Depps version is more overtly creepy.
i cannot compare both movies since i flat out refuse to see the remake. however, i feel that wilders wonka is more eccentric than creepy. the only creepy guy in the movie is slugworth. when charlie meets him in the tunnel? very creepy.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa
How is Gene Wilder (as Wonka) creepier?
I saw it as a kid and that’s where my dislike of it comes from..Willy Wonka scared me because he was so weird. Watching the new one as an adult and knowing that Johnny Depp is weird anyway didn’t have the same affect on me...plus he just came off of the Pirates movies as the likable but strange Captain Jack Sparrow.
i cannot compare both movies since i flat out refuse to see the remake. however, i feel that wilders wonka is more eccentric than creepy. the only creepy guy in the movie is slugworth. when charlie meets him in the tunnel? very creepy.
Why won’t you watch the remake?

polymoog

Superstar
People do it all the time. Some remakes are pretty good like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
because hollyweird remakes movies 'all the time' makes it OK to watch? with the exception of the thing, every remade movie has sucked.

Lisa

Superstar
because hollyweird remakes movies 'all the time' makes it OK to watch? with the exception of the thing, every remade movie has sucked.
When you get bored enough sometimes things are worth watching lol! If you’re gonna hate the movie at least have the courtesy to watch it first.