A Sin Is A Sin?

Haich

Superstar
It is funny isn't it...when we both follow the same god too?
;) God is one! Don't remember Paul being mentioned in the previous scriptures God sent down. He was a man of delusion

Lisa

Superstar
Yes Lisa you're correct no one is disputing that but for the billionth time, understand that people in some countries have absolutely nothing!

Maybe I'll give you an example

So my sister in law lives in a village in Somalia where the nearest water source is an hours walk. Her husband is ill, can't walk, and she's 8 months pregnant with 6 kids. Now thankfully she lives in a God fearing country and her neighbours who are equally poor share bread and meat and rice amongst them.

FOr the past 2 years there's been an unimaginable famine and all livestock have been dropping dead. People there now have nothing including my heavily pregnant sister in law. They eat boiled rice and food ration satchets. in those 2 years of hardship they had to find and take whatever was left in their village even though it wasn't theirs. So in a sense they sinned as they stole from their neighbours. But what other choice did they have? Do you not even on a human level acknowledge their desperation? Don't spew bible quotes respond on a human level, what would you actually do in that situation? Starve to death to avoid sin? Or take what was available?

Thankfully there's been rain in the past month so things are looking up. God tested their patience and they were patient, then he granted the heavens to pour on them so they can start growing produce again
I don't do hypotheticals....I don't know what I would do in that situation but pray. Very sorry to hear about the hardships of your sister in law and brother.

Lisa

Superstar
;) God is one! Don't remember Paul being mentioned in the previous scriptures God sent down. He was a man of delusion
Well, I've read the scriptures that Paul was inspired to write, they are pretty good!

Haich

Superstar
I focus on what God says he hates and I'd hate to do those things since He hates them. I'm not saying that people don't sin, but if you know its a sin to steal something, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you excuse it by saying your family needs to eat..then what? It's still sin in God's eyes. The better thing would be to pray and ask God what you should do so you didn't sin and steal is all I'm saying.

But it's not about you or me, we're clearly fortunate enough to live somewhere where we will always have something to eat and someone to help us if we don't. Others who are God fearing people may steal food to survive is all I'm saying. It's sinful to steal but I'm arguing God wouldn't punish a robber and someone who stole food because they were hungry equally.

I don't think that people have no other means of surviving...and that God can give you the solution to surviving. And, isn't it a desire to eat? So their sin would be from desire.

Well that just shows how unaware you are about the world. Poverty is real, there are people in my native country who suffered from a drought which killed all their livestock and killed their crops. That's sheer desperation right there and I'm sorry you're unable to see that

I didn't say that someone couldn't ask for forgiveness...but there's a saying I've heard which is do what you want and ask for forgiveness after...kind of sounds like the same things to me.

But I explained that God doesn't forgive repetitive and intentional sins. If you sin thinking it's ok god will forgive me he won't forgive you and he'll just turn his back on you

Haich

Superstar
I don't do hypotheticals....I don't know what I would do in that situation but pray. Very sorry to hear about the hardships of your sister in law and brother.
It's my sister in law, my husband's sister not my brother. You keep saying you don't do hypotheticals to dismiss the realities I'm trying to get you to understand. You say you don't know what you do but eventually your body will be so weak and you'd be so thirsty you'd just take whatever was around you to survive. That's just instinct

Lisa

Superstar
Inspired by God? I don't think so Lisa. We should just take Jesus' words after all he was chosen by God not Paul
You would be missing the rest of God's word then and that is a problem.

Lisa

Superstar
It's my sister in law, my husband's sister not my brother. You keep saying you don't do hypotheticals to dismiss the realities I'm trying to get you to understand. You say you don't know what you do but eventually your body will be so weak and you'd be so thirsty you'd just take whatever was around you to survive. That's just instinct
Ah, ok.

Yes, well I do believe that God will help me, because He's helped me sooooo much already and that is really all I can go by.

Haich

Superstar
Ah, ok.

Yes, well I do believe that God will help me, because He's helped me sooooo much already and that is really all I can go by.
Yes he's helped me too but just try and understand not everyone is as fortunate as us

Lisa

Superstar
God's word is complete and the impurities of Paul's ramblings aren't from God.
I've never heard Paul's account called ramblings before...but he does have some great wisdom concerning God.

Haich

Superstar
I've never heard Paul's account called ramblings before...but he does have some great wisdom concerning God.
At least if you acknowledged his words weren't from God and from his own understandings then maybe I'd let it go but you can't possibly believe he was chosen by God?

Lisa

Superstar
At least if you acknowledged his words weren't from God and from his own understandings then maybe I'd let it go but you can't possibly believe he was chosen by God?
Ya, I can believe and do believe his account of how he was chosen by God and left Saul behind and became Paul. It's a great story and he has some wise things he teaches us.

Haich

Superstar
Ya, I can believe and do believe his account of how he was chosen by God and left Saul behind and became Paul. It's a great story and he has some wise things he teaches us.
Ok that's fine then hope paul guides you to the afterlife

Haich

Superstar
You do know its not really Paul that's guiding..but God through the writing of what Paul was inspired to say?
He was inspired by his imagination not God. God doesn't reference him in his previous books. I know he's integral to your faith so I won't bother debating.

True World Order

Established
The gospel of Paul! :D

A man who never met Jesus (pbuh), who really doesn't like people preaching a different Jesus to the one he preached...

Lisa

Superstar
Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray.

Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.