A Sin Is A Sin?

Lisa

Superstar
Haha but the person doesn't have money Lisa try to imagine someone with absolutely no means to guy food! I'm not talking about someone who has the means to buy food and steals that's ridiculous and clearly punishable
Well, if they don't have any money, why didn't they ask God to help them?

True World Order

Established
No, I'm not that stone cold, unforgiving and harsh....The Bible would tell that person to trust in God. You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord, He is their help and their shield. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. It si better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Trust in Him at all times O people pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us....should I go on?
So if you come across this hypothetical hungry and homeless man, you would preach to him rather than help him out? After you cut off his hand and throw him in prison for stealing that is...

Lisa

Superstar
So if you come across this hypothetical hungry and homeless man, you would preach to him rather than help him out? After you cut off his hand and throw him in prison for stealing that is...
I didn't say I would cut off anyone's hand and I didn't say people should be thrown in prison. Wow, all I said was that I didn't think that perpetually feeding someone is the answer....

Edit...oops wrong thread....
We weren't talking about coming across anyone...they were poor, had nothing to eat, and then went to steal something...I said that they should pray to God to help them so they didn't steal anything.

Haich

Superstar
Why disregard someone who wrote most of the NT? That's a shame and a pity right there...hard to rightly divide God's word when you subtract from His word, don't ya think?

That's because there are no levels to sin in regard to God. We all like to think there are levels to sin, but to God its all sin, no level, it's all bad.

Thou shalt not kill?
Yh there's a separate thread for Paul I don't adhere to a word he has said and don't plan to. I follow God's books not man

Lisa

Superstar
Yh there's a separate thread for Paul I don't adhere to a word he has said and don't plan to. I follow God's books not man
Paul's books are part of God's books....so you don't follow God then?

I said other things in my post too....

Haich

Superstar
Well, isn't that what you are saying? Well, I think that before you feel the need to steal to survive, I hope your praying about your situation that you won't feel desperate enough to totally say you know God, you aren't helping me here, and I have no other choice but to go steal...doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Sounds faithless, then you're gonna tell God you did good because you stole to eat? Maybe ask for forgiveness?
So God doesn't forgive people who sin? By that logic there will no one in heaven

It's not a matter of being faithless it's a matter of acknowledging some people have no other choice and we aren't to judge and poke the finger or blame. Leave it to God

Lisa

Superstar
So God doesn't forgive people who sin? By that logic there will no one in heaven

It's not a matter of being faithless it's a matter of acknowledging some people have no other choice and we aren't to judge and poke the finger or blame. Leave it to God
No, I didn't say that...but what people are trying to say, is that its ok to sin, if you think you have a good enough reason to do that, which I don't agree with.

Isn't it faithless when you steal something knowing full well God says don't steal and come to Him when you need something?

True World Order

Established
What's wrong with that? Don't you think God can help you if you need money?
Just because God can do something, doesn't necessarily mean he will.

He makes things starve to death on a daily basis, regardless of prayers, that is the far more likely scenario in a little place we call "the real world".

Lisa

Superstar
Just because God can do something, doesn't necessarily mean he will.

He makes things starve to death on a daily basis, that is the far more likely scenario in a little place we call "the real world".
True..but that doesn't mean that God does nothing.

I'm not certain that He makes things starve to death...I'm not sure of what scenario's you are talking about there. And it would take a long time to get every starving person's account of what happened and how and what they did and what they thought God did and didn't do, to really try to figure out what God did and didn't do for each person....that's if we could indeed figure it all out anyway.

Violette

Star
Sin is sin and inevitable but I do believe circumstances matter. Some poor people steal just to eat. Some rich people steal to stay rich. I don't think the sin is equal in those situations. All sin, no matter how small, is against God and deserving of judgment. But there is no sin that is beyond his mercy and forgiveness.

Haich

Superstar
No, I didn't say that...but what people are trying to say, is that its ok to sin, if you think you have a good enough reason to do that, which I don't agree with.

Isn't it faithless when you steal something knowing full well God says don't steal and come to Him when you need something?
So god forgives sin right so why would he forgive petty theft when the person is hungry ?

Nah it's not ok to sin but people are sometimes desperate is all I'm saying and we should leave judgement to God

Your faith is never constant, sometimeS you lose yourself in a moment of desperation. Have you never been desperate

Haich

Superstar
God hates lies, Haich, why would He condone you lying in order to save your life? Paul says do we sin more so grace increases...no that's not what its all about. All I'm trying to say is that there isn't any such thing as a good sin, God hates sin, its all bad and I don't believe that there is any circumstance where God would say, o ok, you had to sin because of x..just don't see it.
Yes God hates lies but he's merciful, you focus too much on his wrath and you make it seem like God wants us to be perfect. Perfection isn't impossible and is only attributed to the almighty.

You're right but no one said there is a good sin, you just can't accept that not everyone sins from desire some people have no other means of surviving what can't you understand about that?

It's not a matter of God sympathising with our sins it's a matter of the person asking for forgiveness and expressing their error in an effort to gain God's mercy and forgiveness

Lisa

Superstar
So god forgives sin right so why would he forgive petty theft when the person is hungry ?

Nah it's not ok to sin but people are sometimes desperate is all I'm saying and we should leave judgement to God

Your faith is never constant, sometimeS you lose yourself in a moment of desperation. Have you never been desperate
Isn't it times of desperation that you cling to your God? I have been desperate but I've clung to my God...

Lisa

Superstar
Yes God hates lies but he's merciful, you focus too much on his wrath and you make it seem like God wants us to be perfect. Perfection isn't impossible and is only attributed to the almighty.

You're right but no one said there is a good sin, you just can't accept that not everyone sins from desire some people have no other means of surviving what can't you understand about that?

It's not a matter of God sympathising with our sins it's a matter of the person asking for forgiveness and expressing their error in an effort to gain God's mercy and forgiveness
I focus on what God says he hates and I'd hate to do those things since He hates them. I'm not saying that people don't sin, but if you know its a sin to steal something, then you probably shouldn't do it. If you excuse it by saying your family needs to eat..then what? It's still sin in God's eyes. The better thing would be to pray and ask God what you should do so you didn't sin and steal is all I'm saying.

I don't think that people have no other means of surviving...and that God can give you the solution to surviving. And, isn't it a desire to eat? So their sin would be from desire.

I didn't say that someone couldn't ask for forgiveness...but there's a saying I've heard which is do what you want and ask for forgiveness after...kind of sounds like the same things to me.

Haich

Superstar
Isn't it times of desperation that you cling to your God? I have been desperate but I've clung to my God...
Yes Lisa you're correct no one is disputing that but for the billionth time, understand that people in some countries have absolutely nothing!

Maybe I'll give you an example

So my sister in law lives in a village in Somalia where the nearest water source is an hours walk. Her husband is ill, can't walk, and she's 8 months pregnant with 6 kids. Now thankfully she lives in a God fearing country and her neighbours who are equally poor share bread and meat and rice amongst them.

FOr the past 2 years there's been an unimaginable famine and all livestock have been dropping dead. People there now have nothing including my heavily pregnant sister in law. They eat boiled rice and food ration satchets. in those 2 years of hardship they had to find and take whatever was left in their village even though it wasn't theirs. So in a sense they sinned as they stole from their neighbours. But what other choice did they have? Do you not even on a human level acknowledge their desperation? Don't spew bible quotes respond on a human level, what would you actually do in that situation? Starve to death to avoid sin? Or take what was available?

Thankfully there's been rain in the past month so things are looking up. God tested their patience and they were patient, then he granted the heavens to pour on them so they can start growing produce again