A Referendum on MAGA

A.J.

Star
I submitted this for publication at American Thinker back in February. They passed...(see quoted response).
I’m sure there are some who will claim I didn’t go far enough. But as is this was pushing the envelope. Obviously, I don’t think voting makes a difference. It may makes us feel warm and fuzzy but at the end of the day it doesn’t deter the long term agenda of the heartless elite. I would love to be proven wrong...that Trump is merely at too much of a disadvantage. But I just don’t see this thing turning around, regardless of the level of complicity.

“Hi Anthny,
True, Trump is not perfect, nor has he accomplished everything we'd like in 3+years.
But the perfect is the enemy of the good, and I cannot see advocating his defeat (as you are playing footsie with here -- at least in tone),considering the alternatives.
So,we must decline your kind offer.
Cordially,
__________________, editor”
A Referendum on MAGA

I hate to be a Donnie Downer but I also dread the duping of my fellow citizens. So while President Trump has done some good things, especially in the short term, I think we need to maintain a critical focus on the big picture.

We can start by considering whether the Trump Administration has truly taken legitimate steps to fulfill its stated mission to make America great again. In many tangible ways it appears we’ve merely been sold more of the same business as usual.

It’s obvious that the “Barr” has been set pretty low. Maybe the rediscovery of an aggressive tea party mindset is required to reform what appears to be a broken, manipulated system. Unequal application of the law notwithstanding, here’s just a few reasons to conclude the Trump administration is on the wrong side of winning.

1. A Thriving Swamp - Outside the departure of a few RINOs, the swamp remains very deep. President Trump continues to usher various creatures in and out of his cabinet, possibly at the behest of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell who from day one of the presidency reportedly insisted that he didn’t “wanna hear any more of this ‘Drain the Swamp’ talk,” essentially telling the president “you gotta back off that.”
  2. Agenda 2030 Unscathed - Despite some short term economic gains, our national sovereignty recently received a significant blow with the passing of the USMCA - a troubling trade treaty that solidifies and seals our subjugation to international law. https://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/north-america/item/33596-what-s-really-in-the-usmca
  3. Dire Debt - Despite a strong economy, we continue to borrow and spend at a ridiculous rate. Trump is comfortable with a print as you spend approach, but such short sighted deficit spending will do nothing but ensure that America will fail to be great again for generations to come.
  4. Perverted Justice - Two-tier justice continues to thrive like never before under men like William Barr and Christopher Wray. How can you drain anything when you keep recycling and enabling the skaters and perverters of justice? Law and order cannot stand in a nation run by pilferers and thrives, nor those who cover for them. AG Barr, in particular, is a bad deep state actor. Guys like him are why guys like Andrew McCabe are not held accountable for their seditious activity. https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/02/14/two-tiered-justice-doj-informs-andrew-mccabe-he-will-not-be-prosecuted-for-lying-to-fbi-investigators-3-times-under-oath/
  5. Military Industrial Complexities - Expanding NATO, empowering reckless allies (e.g. the Saudis), and appointing the most hawkish of war hawks is not the way to change the course away from illegal and unjust regime change wars and occupations. So far the president is not doing enough to change the interventionist mindset and in the process the executive branch continues to defy the interests and the will of the people he’s been elected to represent. http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/democrats-ignore-trumps-real-abuse-of-power-overseas-aggression

Honorable Mentions:

The Attack on Assange - Julian Assange has been a revelation of truth and arguably secured the way for a Trump presidency. The man holds the answers to the Russia hoax, Seth Rich and the crimes that compromise a fair, just and free America. Why is he rotting in prison and what is our president doing to get him out?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gop-congressman-sought-trump-deal-on-wikileaks-russia-1505509918

Bump Stock Ban Sham - There remains a wall of secrecy and confusion surrounding the 2017 Las Vegas shooting.
https://dailycaller.com/2018/02/13/questions-over-las-vegas-shooting/
In fact, there was only one conveniently, and seemingly agenda-driven, certainty to come out of the whole affair and that was that bump stocks were the root cause. It was a forced, disjointed narrative that Trump was swift to embrace and sign off on via executive order.
https://reason.com/2019/03/28/donald-trumps-bump-stock-ban-turns-peace/

Playtime with the Mainstream Media - The media is merely a gateway to an alternative reality. The more Trump and the GOP continue to feed that monster the further distracted they render themselves. The legacy media will spin their narratives regardless. Lawsuits and boycotts are the only way to transcend their propaganda. Symbolic victories and red meat rallies are nothing but a waste of precious governing time and are no replacement for true transparency and accountability. We need to follow the lead of Rep Devin Nunes and his no nonsense approach.
https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/devin-nunes-sues-cnn-for-435-million-over-hit-piece/
The networks who proceed to play pretend to forward predetermined narratives have solidified their status. At the end of the day, they are nothing less than an illegitimate source of fake news. It is either by default or design that many of our representatives will continue to play along.

Unaffordable Healthcare - Health insurance premiums and out of pocket costs continue to rise. The president needs to have a repeal and replace plan ready to go. If he lacks the support to pull it off he needs to name names or be prepared to shoulder the blame.
https://www.lp.org/issues/healthcare/

LGBT Supremacy? - Trump has spoken positively about same-sex marriage and has even been dubbed the “most pro-gay president in history,” a characterization completely at odds with his own presidential platform. President Trump has appointed LGBT activists to prominent positions of power, including Mary Rowland (Illinois Northern District Court), Patrick Bumatay (Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals), and Richard Grenell (Ambassador to Germany). Gernell, in particular, has been very active in Trump’s global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality. There is a natural tension that exists between LGBT ideology and religious liberty and the president appears to be the lightning rod enduring the political currents that shake our foundation. It is a role that he seems to relish, but to what end?

Are we truly paying attention?

A.J.

Star
Here’s the flip side. The average Joe does not have a seat at the table nor is his voice welcome....

Lisa

Superstar
Here’s the flip side. The average Joe does not have a seat at the table nor is his voice welcome....

If the average Joe doesn’t have a voice..why are the dems always trying to cheat their way into winning elections?

Lisa

Superstar
We can start by considering whether the Trump Administration has truly taken legitimate steps to fulfill its stated mission to make America great again.
I think he’s been doing a good enough job so far...he’s in the middle of political warfare..how much really can he do with the dems and the msm attacks and smears everyday and a Republican Party that’s scared to man up and help the guy? He can’t fix everything without others stepping and supporting his proposals or even deflecting the msm attack machine.

polymoog

Superstar
nice article, AJ.

we wont know for years what really is going on behind closed doors at the white house, starting with the hillary deal from day 1. with that said, however anyone feels about trump or whatever his intentions are, we cannot leave it up to his administration to save us from anything. just seeing some of the clips of congress questioning zuckerberg and dorsey over their censorship clearly indicates that no one is representing our (the people's) interests. these people are either bought off, completely ignorant, or are being blackmailed (probably all of the above).

the awakened need to join forces and actually do the work. if we dont put forward the effort, we will fall into the same complacency as the sheeple, sitting back in their TV chair, waiting for a trump or a Q character to solve everything. the bright side is that it only required 3% of the american colonists to overthrow the british. our numbers are FAR greater that 3%. i see a LOT more public resistance springing up, and we are getting louder.