A Priest, a Rabbi, and an Atheist... Smoke Weed

Loki

Established
I'm pro weed personally, so I'm inclined to enjoy this video and agree with it. I think they could have had a slightly better representative for the irreligious. The "atheist" fellow seemed very nice and all, but not all that versed in theology really, I think a more "hardcore," so to speak, atheist may have been more interesting. Other than that, I enjoyed the video. What do you guys think? Would everybody smoking a little weed here and there make us all a more peaceful race? Does God condemn weed? Do you smoke weed?

PS. Feel free to move this if it isn't deemed religious enough in nature. Thought about putting it in The Den, so that may work if it doesn't work here. Take care, all!

Lisa

Superstar
Well, we may get to see if it does make us all a more peaceful race, since many more states have legalized it. I think eventually, it will be legal to smoke it everywhere and perhaps also other drugs too...My only reason is that the Bible says that lawlessness will increase and to me smoking stuff that alters your mind falls under lawlessness. I didn't enjoy the video but then I am against smoking marijuana.

Loki

Established
Thanks for your opinion Lisa :)

I know we've had the wine vs weed debate in the past, but wouldn't legal booze that alters your mind be the same exact level of lawlessness? Jesus drank wine didn't he? Most likely he burned some bush as well :cool:

Lisa

Superstar
Thanks for your opinion Lisa :)

I know we've had the wine vs weed debate in the past, but wouldn't legal booze that alters your mind be the same exact level of lawlessness? Jesus drank wine didn't he? Most likely he burned some bush as well :cool:
Yes, and? That doesn't mean that I can be against weed? People shouldn't drink to the extreme and really probably shouldn't drink alcohol at all...

I don't know that Jesus drank wine but He did provide wine for a wedding. I think your'e confusing that for approving drunkenness? I don't think that's what He did.

Well, Moses did find a burning bush, but that's not the same thing....

Goku

Rookie
I smoke weed occasionally, and enjoy doing so.

I enjoyed the overall positivity of the video and the fact that in a time of much division, 3 dudes can kick back and smoke some weed together, however, I agree they should have chosen a different Atheist to keep the theological conversation flowing and in turn make the video more interesting. All in all, I liked it.

Shalom :p

Loki

Established
Yes, and? That doesn't mean that I can be against weed? People shouldn't drink to the extreme and really probably shouldn't drink alcohol at all...

I don't know that Jesus drank wine but He did provide wine for a wedding. I think your'e confusing that for approving drunkenness? I don't think that's what He did.

Well, Moses did find a burning bush, but that's not the same thing....
You're allowed to be against whatever you want.

It's definitely a coincidence that Moses had auditory and visual hallucinations while in the presence of some burning kush, er, I mean bush.

I'm just messing with you ;)

Lisa

Superstar
You're allowed to be against whatever you want.

It's definitely a coincidence that Moses had auditory and visual hallucinations while in the presence of some burning kush, er, I mean bush.

I'm just messing with you ;)
Haha, I know

Serendipity

Established
Well, we may get to see if it does make us all a more peaceful race, since many more states have legalized it. I think eventually, it will be legal to smoke it everywhere and perhaps also other drugs too...My only reason is that the Bible says that lawlessness will increase and to me smoking stuff that alters your mind falls under lawlessness. I didn't enjoy the video but then I am against smoking marijuana.
Can I ask why you didn't like the video?
Also talking from experience, weed doesn't exactly alter the mind, on the contrary, I started thinking clearer and everything suddenly made sense. It's an amazing experience and I don't see any issues with its legalization. I think it may be a generational issue (in addition to it being a religious one) as my parents would probably side with you on this.

Hope you're doing well Lisa. I'm sure you missed me :p

Lisa

Superstar
Can I ask why you didn't like the video?
Also talking from experience, weed doesn't exactly alter the mind, on the contrary, I started thinking clearer and everything suddenly made sense. It's an amazing experience and I don't see any issues with its legalization. I think it may be a generational issue (in addition to it being a religious one) as my parents would probably side with you on this.

Hope you're doing well Lisa. I'm sure you missed me :p
Hi Serendipity! How are you? I'm hanging in there.

I didn't like the video because its assumed that what these people are doing is ok. I don't believe its ok, and I drew the line when they brought in whatever the gadget was (I know I sound silly here, but I really don't know what it was) and they were going to show the man how to use it. I just think its wrong all the way around. But, I guess that just goes to show that you shouldn't admire people and want to emulate them because maybe they do things that are wrong?

Loki

Established
Hi Serendipity! How are you? I'm hanging in there.

I didn't like the video because its assumed that what these people are doing is ok. I don't believe its ok, and I drew the line when they brought in whatever the gadget was (I know I sound silly here, but I really don't know what it was) and they were going to show the man how to use it. I just think its wrong all the way around. But, I guess that just goes to show that you shouldn't admire people and want to emulate them because maybe they do things that are wrong?
Out of curiosity, did you finish the video or turn it off there? I understand not condoning it, but I think one could still take something away from the video.

The "gadget" was a bong, btw ;) and what I will give the atheist guy credit for in this video is that he took a champion hit out of that thing, twice.

Lisa

Superstar
Out of curiosity, did you finish the video or turn it off there? I understand not condoning it, but I think one could still take something away from the video.

The "gadget" was a bong, btw ;) and what I will give the atheist guy credit for in this video is that he took a champion hit out of that thing, twice.
I turned it off there...I figured I'd seen enough....

Lisa

Superstar
Every time I see the op title, it sounds like the opener to a joke.....

Loki

Established
I turned it off there...I figured I'd seen enough....
Obviously I can't force you to watch it, but you'd hardly seen anything. I know in the past I've said you've been propagandized against weed, and I think this enforces that belief. Again, it's totally fine if you don't want to watch it, nobody can make you, but your complete avoidance of it only fuels ignorance rather than understanding. I'm not even trying to say you should smoke it or be cool with it or anything, but maybe just acclimatize yourself to it and how it actually affects people a bit so you understand it a bit when it is eventually legalized nationwide and your neighbors are puffing away on the porch ;)

Oh well, it's up to you.

Every time I see the op title, it sounds like the opener to a joke.....
Haha, yeah I think they were intentionally playing off of that common joke opener.

Lisa

Superstar
Obviously I can't force you to watch it, but you'd hardly seen anything. I know in the past I've said you've been propagandized against weed, and I think this enforces that belief. Again, it's totally fine if you don't want to watch it, nobody can make you, but your complete avoidance of it only fuels ignorance rather than understanding. I'm not even trying to say you should smoke it or be cool with it or anything, but maybe just acclimatize yourself to it and how it actually affects people a bit so you understand it a bit when it is eventually legalized nationwide and your neighbors are puffing away on the porch ;)

Oh well, it's up to you.

Haha, yeah I think they were intentionally playing off of that common joke opener.
I don't know that I've been propagandize against it, I just think its wrong to do, but I don't have any ability to articulate more than that I guess. And I don't want to watch people do it or say its cool when I just don't believe it is all. And week smells like a dead skunk when people smoke it....don't get how you get passed the stink.

Loki

Established
Well, I don't expect you to know this, but different strains smell differently. I currently have some I don't want to smoke because it smells just like green lollipops, so I just have it in a pill bottle and I'll smell it on occasion. Saving that one for a rainy day.

Some does smell like straight up skunk when it is smoked (though, the skunk smell is more from when they are alive than dead, I'm sure they still smell skunky when they are dead too, but also alive haha) and at first it can be tough on the nostrils, but it's really not hard to get past if you enjoy the plant. This doesn't negate the skunky smell at all, but once you associate that smell with the slight euphoria and calmness of good weed it actually becomes something of a nice smell. Now, I wouldn't want to walk around smelling like that because I wouldn't want to offend the nostrils of others, but sometimes if I'm driving down the road and I smell some skunk in the air it makes me want to smoke lol.

And just as a sidenote, cannabis doesn't have to be smoked. Edibles are really popular now that you have easier access to them via stores instead of relying on dealers. Where I live we still have to rely on dealers, but ours just hooked us up with some gummies. Haven't tasted one yet, but they look and smell just like a regular gummy but bigger.

Lisa

Superstar
Well, I don't expect you to know this, but different strains smell differently. I currently have some I don't want to smoke because it smells just like green lollipops, so I just have it in a pill bottle and I'll smell it on occasion. Saving that one for a rainy day.

Some does smell like straight up skunk when it is smoked (though, the skunk smell is more from when they are alive than dead, I'm sure they still smell skunky when they are dead too, but also alive haha) and at first it can be tough on the nostrils, but it's really not hard to get past if you enjoy the plant. This doesn't negate the skunky smell at all, but once you associate that smell with the slight euphoria and calmness of good weed it actually becomes something of a nice smell. Now, I wouldn't want to walk around smelling like that because I wouldn't want to offend the nostrils of others, but sometimes if I'm driving down the road and I smell some skunk in the air it makes me want to smoke lol.

And just as a sidenote, cannabis doesn't have to be smoked. Edibles are really popular now that you have easier access to them via stores instead of relying on dealers. Where I live we still have to rely on dealers, but ours just hooked us up with some gummies. Haven't tasted one yet, but they look and smell just like a regular gummy but bigger.
Well, aren't the edibles sometimes a problem for people that eat them?

Loki

Established
Well, aren't the edibles sometimes a problem for people that eat them?
I've not heard that personally. I do know that a lot of people underestimate it (or overestimate themselves) and they don't understand that when you ingest cannabis and your gut is processing it rather than your lungs, not only does it take longer to feel the effects, but it is also more powerful than smoking. So I imagine that people who have problems with eating them are eating too much because they don't feel anything right away and then an hour later they start freaking out.

I'll post this video of a cop and his wife who ate a batch of brownies and started freaking out so they called 911 saying they were dying (correction, they think they are dead). Nobody has ever died from consuming cannabis.

The call in the video is 100% real, they've just animated it.

Moral of the story: Know your limits and moderation.

Lisa

Superstar
I've not heard that personally. I do know that a lot of people underestimate it (or overestimate themselves) and they don't understand that when you ingest cannabis and your gut is processing it rather than your lungs, not only does it take longer to feel the effects, but it is also more powerful than smoking. So I imagine that people who have problems with eating them are eating too much because they don't feel anything right away and then an hour later they start freaking out.

I'll post this video of a cop and his wife who ate a batch of brownies and started freaking out so they called 911 saying they were dying (correction, they think they are dead). Nobody has ever died from consuming cannabis.

The call in the video is 100% real, they've just animated it.

Moral of the story: Know your limits and moderation.
O, haha, I was going to say those are the weirdest people I've ever seen....lol!

Thunderian

Superstar
I'm pro weed personally, so I'm inclined to enjoy this video and agree with it. I think they could have had a slightly better representative for the irreligious. The "atheist" fellow seemed very nice and all, but not all that versed in theology really, I think a more "hardcore," so to speak, atheist may have been more interesting. Other than that, I enjoyed the video. What do you guys think?
I found it mostly boring, but watching people sitting around smoking weed has never been exciting. It was interesting that the priest and the atheist both accepted a blessing from the rabbi, but the rabbi did not accept the ash sign of the cross on his forehead. Don't know why he had to be such a buzzkill.

Would everybody smoking a little weed here and there make us all a more peaceful race?
Weed has been used before combat by many people, including African warriors, special forces, marines in Vietnam and elsewhere, gangbangers in the USA, and Jamaicans wherever they might be. It doesn't make you aggressive like alcohol does, but it doesn't really make you less aggressive, either.

Does God condemn weed?
Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Do you smoke weed?
Not as a habit, anymore. I grew up in British Columbia, Canada, where the streets are paved with dank. I first smoked it when I was 12, and kept at it on and off into adulthood.

However, there were times when I definitely abused it, and I believe this is in contradiction to God's instructions for us to be sober. Just like I can have a beer or two and it makes my heart glad (as Psalms 104:15 says), I can also toke a little and go through my day with a smile on my face. But just as I have been guilty of having more than a couple beers, I have also been guilty of having more than a few tokes. Being stoned to the teeth isn't any better of a witness for Christ than being drunk.

Lest anyone think I am recommending weed, I am not. But I think it's gotten a bad rap. It's not a gateway drug (alcohol is), and it doesn't cause near the physical damage that a lot of legal substances do.