A passage in the bible about baptisement

Vixy

Star
Hey there!

I need to find a passage in the bible about baptisement and how it shouldnt be done in a bathtub since it can attract demons. Only in the river Jordan or in a church, supposedly. Anyone knows which one that would be?

I'd be really grateful! <3

/Da Vix

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Baptism is like a marriage wow... a conscious decision on our part to be born into the fellowship of God as instituted by the Baptist and respected by His Son.

A body of water and two or more witnesses... and you are good to go or take the plunge.

Where would you want to marry ? Where would you want to be baptised ?

All that is needed is a body of water and two or more witnesses... so do it where you want.

Surley

Established
In Acts chapter 8 verses 25 thru 40 is where Phillip baptizes the Ethiopian court official. All that was necessary was To believe that Jesus Christ was the SON of GOD and water.Phillip was Spirit filled and Led. So I would want to make sure I was Baptized by a True believer, And always in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. He sees Your Heart and when you come to the Savior No Demon in Hell can cross that Holy Ground. When you are Baptized know that as you go under the water you are DYING to your old life, And when you come out of the Water you are a New Creation The Holy Spirit Immediately Seals you comes into your Heart. At that point. Acts chapter 2 verse 38 Peter explains this. God Bless You and Im praying for you

Jayda

Rookie
“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” - John 3:5

Baptism is how we come to be “born of water” and it is the burial of the old man.. “buried with him in baptism” (Colossians 2:12)

Jesus also commanded his disciples to:
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”

Jesus Christ didn’t say “Go baptising them repeating Father, Son and Holy Ghost” but rather “baptising them in the name of...”

The name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ and we see that this is the way the apostles baptised people all throughout the book of Acts by calling upon the name of the Lord (Acts 2:38, Acts 8:14-16, Acts 10:48, Acts 19:5, Acts 22:16, Romans 6:3)

Also the word of God says that baptism is for the remission of sins (the bible does not say baptism is a “profession of faith”, “an outward showing of an inside change”, “act of obedience after salvation” as many falsely proclaim)

All you need my friend is enough water to completely submerge your body and a man of God who has obeyed the gospel (baptised in the name of the Lord and received the gift of the Holy Spirit) to baptise you. I have brothers and sisters in Christ who have been baptised in seas, rivers, baths, swimming pools it really doesn’t matter where and there’s no such thing in the scripture as a bath attracting devils.