A few questions open to all Christians on this forum

Janus

Rookie
The world was supposed to understand His ways through the object lesson of a “peculiar people” who were not more special than the other nations.
What object lesson was that? Christians have learned absolutely nothing from the Jewish plight. They jumped the bandwagon in the liberal period, like the non-Christians, they didn't care about what happened to Jews in their emancipation, they just wanted to fulfill their own "prophecies". When push comes to shove, most Christians will look the other way when Jews are in need.

They failed to do that and ultimately came under discipline for first having Jesus crucified then rejecting the witness of Stephen over what they had done.
So? We would have done the same thing.

Matthew 23:30-31 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.

Besides, John 8:44 wasn't even directed at all Jews, but the ones who had believed in him (John 8:31). Is collective guilt even a biblical concept? Did not god spare Lot and the other decent individuals?

Through grace, the Gospel went to the nations and yet He still had not abandoned the Jews and has brought them back into their homeland where He may soon be dealing with them over the rejection of Jesus.
For 2000 years, he sends them no message of comfort, no prophets, no visitations from the sky, only leaves them with exhortations to wait longer, be patient, endure.

Matthew 23

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Maybe because their "prophets" tried to impose harsh conditions upon them and drag them kicking and screaming down a path they weren't cut out for?

Were the Zionists really after world annihilation, they would have sought out a suitable adversary for their stimulation instead of wasting their time on Palestine.

The Pharisees were a liberal bunch. They've obviously been made scapegoats in the gospel narratives.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What object lesson was that? Christians have learned absolutely nothing from the Jewish plight. They jumped the bandwagon in the liberal period, like the non-Christians, they didn't care about what happened to Jews in their emancipation, they just wanted to fulfill their own "prophecies". When push comes to shove, most Christians will look the other way when Jews are in need.

So? We would have done the same thing.
I don’t think you quite understood my meaning @Janus - the “object lesson” pictured in the Law, the Tabernacle and the Temple along with the results of obedience and disobedience to God were to be seen by the other nations in order for them to learn something of God. The fact that the Jews failed to consistently show Gods glory to the surrounding nations or that the surrounding nations did not always wish to follow God does not take away from the fact that God revealed Himself.

In many ways, God’s self-revelationis a bit like a quote I rather like by John Wayne:-

38812054-84CC-4480-A4D5-0366DDEE1A36.png

You would certainly think so, based on the behavior of some of them-- unfortunately, it also applies to a lot of other men who believe women are somehow less than...

I thought that only applied to my mother's generation and before, but the disrespect is alive and well in some men younger than I am.

Egomaniacs with inferiority complexes. :p
With the blessing of the mainstream homophobic and misogynous religions.

Thanks Christians and Muslims, for your garbage thinking.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
How did they fail in this? Jewish history furnishes excellent examples.
They didn’t always fail. You might want to check out the Book of Kings!

We have David, Hezekiah, Jehoshaphat and more, but what about Jeroboam, Ahab, Jezebel....

You must remember Baal, Moloch and Ashteroth?

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
How did they fail in this? Jewish history furnishes excellent examples.
Sorry to jump into your conversation but for clarity's sake it should be pointed out you're confusing two different peoples.

Israeli's are not Israelites, or else they would have the same name.
Jewish are not Hebrews, or else they would have the same name.

The Israelite kingdom ended when the Assyrians destroyed the temple and scattered the 13 tribes. Stories were invented to try and bridge the gap of legitimacy into the Persian/Hasmonean period, but there's still too much inconsistency for anyone to logically believe these are the same people.