A different Gospel, a different Spirit and a different Jesus

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
When you get anything of great value, be it designer watches, expensive perfume or even high value currency, there are always counterfeits in circulation. Just as it is in ordinary life, so it is with spiritual things. We shouldn’t be surprised to find many “Gospels”, many “Spirits” and even many “Jesus’s” being promoted. @Infinityloop asked me which gospel I meant. Perhaps he has encountered even more counterfeit forms of “Christianity” than I have...

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Below is perhaps the clearest, most accurate and maybe to some the most offensive presentation of the Gospel I have yet heard:-

When you get anything of great value, be it designer watches, expensive perfume or even high value currency, there are always counterfeits in circulation. Just as it is in ordinary life, so it is with spiritual things. We shouldn’t be surprised to find many “Gospels”, many “Spirits” and even many “Jesus’s” being promoted. @Infinityloop asked me which gospel I meant. Perhaps he has encountered even more counterfeit forms of “Christianity” than I have...
I don't know what angle you're coming from there but the book of John does end with:

"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."
(John 21:25)

....interestingly enough...which is amusing considering what I presume you're trying to say there...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I don't know what angle you're coming from there but the book of John does end with:

"Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."
(John 21:25)

....interestingly enough...which is amusing considering what I presume you're trying to say there...
I think if you watch the video you will understand. I know this may be a time commitment you won’t want, but I think you would find it enlightening.

From another book, you can get the main idea:-

008C9EFB-CA64-4F48-9AF1-E122A0793AA9.jpeg

“It is the gospel alone that saves those who believe it. Nothing else will save. Therefore we must preach the gospel. Paul said, “Woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel” (1 Corinthians 9:16). Sentimental appeals to “come to Jesus” or “make a decision for Christ” avail nothing if the gospel is not clearly explained and believed.

So it was not a new gospel which Paul the apostle preached, but “the gospel of God (which He had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures) concerning his Son Jesus Christ...” (Romans 1:1-3). Thus the Bereans could check Paul’s message against the Old Testament (Acts 17:11); and he could use the Hebrew prophets, which were read in the synagogue each sabbath, to show that Jesus was the promised Messiah (vv. 2, 3).”

Just as it is in ordinary life, so it is with spiritual things. We shouldn’t be surprised to find many “Gospels”, many “Spirits” and even many “Jesus’s” being promoted.
The One Jesus of Catholicism in the one universal Catholic Church (which shares a brotherly bond with Eastern Orthodox, as kinship) vs the 900+++ million Jesus' of 35,500+ (aprox) Protestant denominations.