A different direction for Poppy

It has been interesting to watch Poppy try and break through to the big time showing a seemingly or on the surface willing acceptance of whatever she and Titanic Sinclair must do for fame. While symbolism exists in her offerings, it is still unclear in some manner if it is a tongue in cheek money grab. There has been a much talked about lawsuit with Mars Argo, a fallout with Canadian pop sensation Grimes and her working with some big-time artists along the way.

During her last tour, Poppy trashed the dancers in favor of a rock band and it is clear to see in videos she is not lip-synching. While some riffs are hot or hard, others on the last album were very pop like as if the album was a mix of two styles. While it is impressive they've put her former music to guitar riffs, it still seems to me that Team Poppy is still just knocking on the door of the elite music industry.

She is still finding her footing and style and dove headlong into the fashion industry which is easy to do when you're as skinny as a beanpole. Anyhow, she has revamped the band once again and we see black and white outfits and can expect varying masks on her tour. It is also worth noting that she is nowhere near the stadium shows yet but is still building momentum.

I am under the understanding that music acts once they get big or popular enough will be approached by the elite nasties and to a degree, she has been with Diplo. Many smaller bands have gone this route such as well and blow up once approved. That said, it still seems like Team Poppy is throwing a lot against the wall to see what sticks and it is fun for me to watch this and try and figure out if they are begging to totally sell out or it is performance art like many behind the scenes are saying.

In her latest album, she strongly addresses gender issues in a myriad of offerings. Anyhow, I will continue to watch and study this one for catching an act low on the poll while rising intrigues me. Here is a video introducing her new act and a couple from live acts during part of her tour. People still thinking the music is for kids needs to do some serious research.

Performing Gary Numan's Metal before going into the hard rocking X.
Not Pink Floyd but Another Brick in the Wall cover -
She has traded in her high heels and synch music for flats and a band
Acoustic Poppy out of character for good?

The sound is not great on fan-made videos, so there is that. Anyhow, do you like the new direction better or could you care less? And where do you think she is as far as selling out goes. Is the symbolism to pull your chain or is this serious? Comments welcomed.

Thanks for all the clips. I liked some of those songs that she had on youtube about the time the original thread was made. I haven't really listened to anything since then. The links you posted were pretty good, she seems to have a good stage presence, is reasonably talented and attractive.

I still believe it's mostly satire, I think her people are well aware of the sorts of things discussed on forums and websites like this and play up to it. I respect a good gimmick and hustle to be honest, so good for her for some degree of success. I don't think she'll reach pop superstar status but she could be a good novelty act for some time.

Damn man the song with Diplo Time is Up played automatically and that is pretty dark. Sixth extinction type dark lol

My God..the first clip, theres so much symbolism I cant even begin to describe..Pyramids, eye of Ra, cubes, pentagrams..It goes on and on..And some blood on that.lol its to the point of ridiculess.

Anyway, cant release an album without a contract and cant get a contract without being an initiated witch since the 70's. Remember John Todds words about rhe music industry:
And he should know, he worked for them and he magically "dissapeared".

Last edited:
Well, she sure does work a lot, going on tour, and putting out new music in a way the industry has yet to see. Maybe it is that MK programming...

Anyhow she has dropped the dancers in favor of an actual band and impressively, they play most of her old songs to a different or non synch beat. I do think it is a bit of a liquid project and not everything can be taken at face value although that symbolism.

It does look like she is having fun breaking character and with her band which features Titanic Sinclair, her handler to some under one of those wigs. It looks like they are going to masks and a more lethal look during the next leg of her tour in May. Here is a 30 minute concert mix clip from Chicago made by a fan.

Well, she sure does work a lot, going on tour, and putting out new music in a way the industry has yet to see. Maybe it is that MK programming...

Anyhow she has dropped the dancers in favor of an actual band and impressively, they play most of her old songs to a different or non synch beat. I do think it is a bit of a liquid project and not everything can be taken at face value although that symbolism.

It does look like she is having fun breaking character and with her band which features Titanic Sinclair, her handler to some under one of those wigs. It looks like they are going to masks and a more lethal look during the next leg of her tour in May. Here is a 30 minute concert mix clip from Chicago made by a fan.

Oh yea! They work their slaves to the bone! Just look at britney. Doesnt matter what shape theyre in, they are only there to brainwash the public into accepting their views. Thats why madonna was so into politics and to accept gays. Its not even about the money since theyre rich asf, its only about the brainwash and acceptance of symbols and in the end the mark. Cuz u know, if your idol says its cool..then it must be...right? Aaaaall about the brainwash of the young generations.

Poppy is basically continuing her image of being an anti-popstar while ripping all those Japanese girl pop groups that blend metal with bubblegum pop.

It's hard for it to be genuinely subversive because of the the fact it's backed by a major label though. I like the concept of the project, but it's toothless.

The second song Blood Money.... Poppy is full-on dark metal now and has a colab coming with Marilyn Manson.

Last edited: