A call for info on Helena Bonham Carter

Spades

Established
1578161097782.png

With ties like hers, I'm surprised that there isn't a thread on her. I know that she was married to Tim Burton and lived in separate houses with secret tunnels under to connect them. Her roles are always creepy.

However, I've looked into her family and lot of information is either deliberately wrong or missing. I'm pretty sure I linked them to some bloodlines that are... powerful. I figured some of you might know something more about her. Any tidbit helps! Thank you!

Spades

Established
As I'm digging... I'll put some info here for those who might be interested.

Helena Bonham-Carter has bought a£2 million mansion once owned by her great-grandfather, former British Prime Minister Herbert Asquith.The actress and her director husband, Tim Burton, are to settle in the Oxfordshire home with two-year-old son, Billy-Ray.The eight-bedroom house was used by the liberal Prime Minister for government meetings and was later taken over by Helena's grandmother Violet, Baroness Asquith of Yarnbury.It is believed the couple, who met on the set of 'Planet of the Apes' in 2001, are keen on the lavish property because of its secluded nature.An insider is quoted in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: "Helena and Tim are totally over the moon. Its eight-and-a-half acre garden borders down a backwater on the River Thames. It's absolutely gorgeous."More importantly for them, when in the house or garden, you can't see or hear anything from the nearby road - the house has total privacy."

Vmort

Star
Rich family sounds suspitios.

Occult surrounds her.

Lynda Carter the relative probably

Burton

Last edited:

Spades

Established
I know that her family is affiliated to the Rothchilds through marriage, but from what I have seen going through some geneology it looks as if interfamily marriage is highly probable.

Vmort

Star
Helena born 26 may1966 г

This lady in red mask very much like Helena. It is her or her mother or her relative -- too much alikeness.

Spades

Established
Helena born 26 may1966 г

This lady in red mask very much like Helena. It is her or her mother or her relative -- too much alikeness.
Interesting... and so very disturbing!

Spades

Established
I don’t like her portrayal of Princess Margaret in The Crown. What else do you want to know?
1. Shoe size
2. Favorite flavor of jolly rancher (say cherry and she's illuminati for sure)
3. Chip or Dale? (tricky, tricky...)

Report back for your next assignment.

elsbet

Superstar
Helena born 26 may1966 г

She certainly bears a striking resemblance to the Queen of Hearts!

Spades

Established
I'm just going to say it. Helena freaks me out.

The curious thing is, she says, it only gradually dawned on her just how personal a film this is. She shows me a picture on her iPhone of her younger self, little more than a toddler. “I look so concerned. Already worried. I was a worrier.”

After the death of her grandfather, her mother, Elena, had a breakdown; Bonham Carter was five. “Grief can bring a hell of a lot of other stuff up,” she says. “But she always felt her breakdown was a gift. Mum has been a real example of wearing her depression and her mental frailty as a badge of honour. She’s saying: ‘Look at what I survived.’” (Her mother trained as a psychotherapist when she recovered, and still practises today at 84.)

When her mother had her breakdown, says Bonham Carter, “she had a recurring dream that she was eating her father – carving him up and eating him. She thought it was the most horrifying dream, and the therapist she ended up seeing said: ‘What did he taste like?’ And she said: ‘No one’s ever asked me that. Really sweet.’ After that, the dream went. Suddenly it was solved.”

Her gg? grandfather, H. H. Asquith (Prime Minister) had an affair with his daughter's 16-17 year old best friend, Venetia Stanley.

The following portrait is of a Venetia (Stanley) Digby of 1600. I would take a wild guess that they are related, but have not yet verified.

14- venetia stanley van dyck.jpg

Last edited:
Her gg? grandfather, H. H. Asquith (Prime Minister) had an affair with his daughter's underage best friend, Venetia Stanley. This is her:

View attachment 31682
I'm sorry to be a pain, but I just wanted to say that you posted the wrong picture; the one you used was of a different Venetia Stanley (from the 17th century). This is a photograph of her:

I know Wikipedia isn't an entirely reliable source of information but it says that she and H.H. Asquith began sending letters to each other from 1910 onwards, so she would have been around 23 at the time.

Regardless of what age she was, I still think it's strange to have an affair with your daughter's close friend... but that's just my opinion.

Spades

Established
I'm sorry to be a pain, but I just wanted to say that you posted the wrong picture; the one you used was of a different Venetia Stanley (from the 17th century). This is a photograph of her:

I know Wikipedia isn't an entirely reliable source of information but it says that she and H.H. Asquith began sending letters to each other from 1910 onwards, so she would have been around 23 at the time.

Regardless of what age she was, I still think it's strange to have an affair with your daughter's close friend... but that's just my opinion.
Actually, this IS very helpful, thank you! I do have the wiki on Venetia 1887. I had saved the articles and portrait of Venetia 1600 in the same folder and didn't separate them out! I probably meant to try to link them and got trigger happy when I opened the folder again.

Concerning Venetia 1887, I believe the author of the book I quoted did some thorough digging, but if I end up doing more on this I will dig myself. Nothing verifiable past the love letters found, which I do not have access to at the moment. It's quite an interesting story. I'll go correct my post. Thanks, again!

Concerning Venetia (Stanley) Digby 1600... she had a strange little story, herself. Now I may take the rest of the day to try to find some ancestry on her. Lots of inter-marrying at that point, so sometimes it gets nearly impossible to find genuine ancestry charts. I would wager they are related, though.