A block button

Lisa

Superstar
Another poster agreed with my idea, I've seen other threads getting derailed
I don't hate anyone here as I don't know anyone personally and frankly I don't care enough to hate you. But if you hate me, you can ignore me.
I'm looking forward to have productive dialogue with posters who are worth my time.
Curious..who’s worth your time?

Tidal

Star
I like it if people put me on ignore, then I can talk about them behind their back.. :D

Aero

Superstar
I'll buy the argument for a block button. Basically in the absence of real moderators, the more functionality the better.

Also, I would like to shoehorn in some kind of function to hide old posts. I shouldn't have to explain, nor should anyone have to discover some of us held this forum up and still hold it up with trolling.

People rarely apply situational awareness to current posts. So they obviously aren't going to understand situational contexts completely out of their vision.

Maes17

Superstar
I'll buy the argument for a block button. Basically in the absence of real moderators, the more functionality the better.

Also, I would like to shoehorn in some kind of function to hide old posts. I shouldn't have to explain, nor should anyone have to discover some of us held this forum up and still hold it up with trolling.

People rarely apply situational awareness to current posts. So they obviously aren't going to understand situational contexts completely out of their vision.
I don’t mind trolling. If the trolling gets personal and starts derailing threads. At that point just ignore.

Stephania

Star
I’d actually love a block button. I won’t use ignore because then as you said people I’ve ignored can still interact with me without my knowledge. I’d rather be aware.
I actually do use the ignore button (as recently discussed on the most recent post on my profile because someone I'm ignoring and knows I am ignoring her trolled my post. Par for the course for her.) I personally would prefer a block button as @morita suggested. Because you are right @justjess - they will continue to troll or flame you even if you tell them you are ignoring them and to leave you alone. RE: not being able to see what they are saying.. well.. on forum posts you can click on something to unhide their content and keep them on ignore on threads. But this weekend I found out this is not so on personal posts- as I could not see a notification to tell me someone I was ignoring commented on my post, see what they wrote while on ignore, etc. Someone else here addressed it- by calling them out on their shit posting on my profile. All of this being said- I would still rather not read what she or anyone else here that I have on ignore is saying or interact with them- so I keep them on ignore. But yeah.. the fact that there is no block button and someone can just keep shit posting about you or derail your threads is annoying. A block button would definitely be an improvement- and possibly help prevent future flame wars that have in the past derailed other VC forums in a sense. Because there is no real way to stop it on either side and there never has been with 'ignore'.

Lisa

Superstar
I actually do use the ignore button (as recently discussed on the most recent post on my profile because someone I'm ignoring and knows I am ignoring her trolled my post. Par for the course for her.) I personally would prefer a block button as @morita suggested. Because you are right @justjess - they will continue to troll or flame you even if you tell them you are ignoring them and to leave you alone. RE: not being able to see what they are saying.. well.. on forum posts you can click on something to unhide their content and keep them on ignore on threads. But this weekend I found out this is not so on personal posts- as I could not see a notification to tell me someone I was ignoring commented on my post, see what they wrote while on ignore, etc. Someone else here addressed it- by calling them out on their shit posting on my profile. All of this being said- I would still rather not read what she or anyone else here that I have on ignore is saying or interact with them- so I keep them on ignore. But yeah.. the fact that there is no block button and someone can just keep shit posting about you or derail your threads is annoying. A block button would definitely be an improvement- and possibly help prevent future flame wars that have in the past derailed other VC forums in a sense. Because there is no real way to stop it on either side and there never has been with 'ignore'.
Poor thing

Daze

Superstar
I like ignore myself. Don't really care how the "ignored" interact with my posts. I'll never see it so why should i be bothered by it?
If people stop quoting them, their entire existence is literally removed. I don't even know they're there. Which is the desired result.

Truth is some people are just not gonna like you, no matter what you say or do. Let them say whatever they like, "sticks and stones"