9 Americans killed in ambush in Mexico.

icecreamochi

Rookie
Let’s chat.
Brandon Tatum, an ex-officer, put out a video saying there’s got to be more to this story. I agree with him! However I’m not even sure what to read or look up. What are your thoughts?

look what I found:
Women killed in Mexican cartel murders had alleged ties to sex cult Nxivm

The nine women and children slaughtered in Mexico on Monday were part of a Mormon community with ties to the alleged sex-cult Nxivm.
The outpost Mormon community in Mexico is where underlings of Nxivm leader Keith Raniere recruited young women to work as nannies in an upstate New York compound run by the accused cult — suggesting at least in part that the jobs would get the girls away from their home region’s drug violence, according a man hired by Raniere to produce a documentary about the group.

The three moms and six kids killed in Monday’s violence in the northern town of Sonora are believed to have been the victims of a drug cartel, which may have mistaken the group’s caravan of three SUVs for rivals, Mexican authorities said Tuesday.

The filmmaker working with Raniere at the time, Mark Vicente, told the online magazine Slate that the documentary ultimately became a recruiting video for Nxivm, which purported to be a self-help group but morphed into what the feds called a cult that sexually, physically and emotionally abused its mainly female followers.

The film included an interview with Julian LeBaron, who identified himself as the cousin of one of the moms killed Monday and who is a leader of the Mexico Mormon community. LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/women-killed-in-mexican-cartel-murders-had-alleged-ties-to-sex-cult-nxivm/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium

Last edited:

free2018

Star
Let’s chat.
Brandon Tatum, an ex-officer, put out a video saying there’s got to be more to this story. I agree with him! However I’m not even sure what to read or look up. What are your thoughts?

look what I found:
Women killed in Mexican cartel murders had alleged ties to sex cult Nxivm

The nine women and children slaughtered in Mexico on Monday were part of a Mormon community with ties to the alleged sex-cult Nxivm.
The outpost Mormon community in Mexico is where underlings of Nxivm leader Keith Raniere recruited young women to work as nannies in an upstate New York compound run by the accused cult — suggesting at least in part that the jobs would get the girls away from their home region’s drug violence, according a man hired by Raniere to produce a documentary about the group.

The three moms and six kids killed in Monday’s violence in the northern town of Sonora are believed to have been the victims of a drug cartel, which may have mistaken the group’s caravan of three SUVs for rivals, Mexican authorities said Tuesday.

The filmmaker working with Raniere at the time, Mark Vicente, told the online magazine Slate that the documentary ultimately became a recruiting video for Nxivm, which purported to be a self-help group but morphed into what the feds called a cult that sexually, physically and emotionally abused its mainly female followers.

The film included an interview with Julian LeBaron, who identified himself as the cousin of one of the moms killed Monday and who is a leader of the Mexico Mormon community. LeBaron’s brother was kidnapped by a local drug cartel in 2009, and the family defiantly refused to pay a ransom. The cartel eventually released the abducted man.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/women-killed-in-mexican-cartel-murders-had-alleged-ties-to-sex-cult-nxivm/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium
Great find.

The Nxivm cult has ties to the Epstein "MAP" ring.
That's not really Mexican cartel business.

The story is still off.

Thunderian

Superstar
This story is very curious. The family group that was ambushed is descended from breakaway Mormons who moved to Mexico around 100 years ago. Since then they’ve been involved in a lot of shady and criminal activities, and are thought by law enforcement to be responsible for at least 30 murders. This is not to say those children or anyone who died in the ambush deserved it, but there are layers to this event that aren't apparent on the face.

The LA Times has a couple of articles with details about the family that I am linking here.

Massacre of U.S. citizens aims spotlight at Mormon community with deep roots in Mexico

A Family’s Legacy of Death

Glad 2 know

Veteran
You vigilant citizens never disappoint. I knew there was more to this story than what the "media" is putting out there. I heard them say that they were in the crossfire of a war between two cartels. There are three different names of them that I saw from different news outlets. So if there was two cartels in the war now there are three?
What a coincidence that these poor unfortunate souls happen to go by at the exact time this "war" broke out and them being at the "wrong place at the wrong time".

Then I heard them say that it was an act too cold blooded and too grisly even for the cartels.
They also have said that they were mistaken for members of a rival cartel because of the vehicles they were driving, cartels have similar vehicles. They could not have been mistaken when they clearly saw there were women and children in them, and specially when a woman stepped out with her hands up.

No matter what the "news people" say it does seem like intentionally targeted.

It broke my heart to hear this story. The innocent children and I just can't put into words how barbaric and demonic this was. Too horrible, I wish I hadn't heard about it. :(

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I'm sorry but the polygamy business is revolting and wrong. Every time someone does something God does not approve of, it's bound to go wrong and bad things go with it.
How can people justify marrying many women "in the name of God" or because "God said to". If they're hearing voices they are most likely demonic voices or visions from the wicked one. It's an abomination to go against what God said: One man and One woman.

For those of us that have come to know how God thinks, we know God is NOT telling men to marry many women, causing confusion and chaos in the lives of the innocent children that come about as a result. Then when the men become abusive and tyrannical toward the women and the children that goes against what the Scriptures say that husbands love their wives and raise their children in the knowledge and discipline of God.

No wonder they don't follow what they Bible says, because their actions go against it in its totality.
They follow their own books and beliefs because they justify their thoughts and actions.
When people are far away from God, there are many pains and sufferings.

saki

Star
I think the story sounds fake. La Frontera has been crazy for a long long time, but the story is off. I believe nothing on the news is authentic.

I don't trust MSM because of:

...19 images in slideshow at link... I've only scanned thru... (it's kinda 'in the weeds'), but one really needs to know what Keith Rainiere and his NXIVM cult were all about to really 'track' this tangled web....
...credit to @icecreamochi for the tip that this sordid link even existed.....

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Victims-of-Mexican-slaughter-were-from-NXIVM-14814764.php
Mexican slaughter victims were from NXIVM recruiting ground
By Robert Gavin
Updated 7:04 am CST, Thursday, November 7, 2019
A car passes through Colonia LeBaron, one of many locations where the extended LeBaron family lives in the Galeana municipality of Chihuahua state in northern Mexico, Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019. Drug cartel gunmen ... more

ALBANY – The nine U.S. citizens slaughtered in an ambush Monday were from a Mormon community in northern Mexico where NXIVM recruited teenagers for a "girls school" to live in the Capital Region under the care of a high-ranking "slave" for Keith Raniere.

The Mormon community’s ties to the disgraced NXIVM leader's cult-like organization were revealed in May during the testimony of NXIVM defector Mark Vicente, a filmmaker based in Los Angeles who once lived in Knox Woods, the same Halfmoon townhouse complex as Raniere.

The nine women and children killed -- including eight-month-old twins -- were traveling in a mountainous area where the notorious Sinaloa drug cartel has been waging a turf war. The victims were related to the extended LeBaron family community in the state of Chihuahua.

Vicente’s testimony in May helped lead to the conviction of Raniere, 59, formerly of Halfmoon, on all charges of sex trafficking, forced labor and racketeering in his trial in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn. Raniere, known within NXIVM as “Vanguard,” faces the possibility of life in prison at his sentencing on Jan. 17 by Senior U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis.

According to Moira Kim Penza, the lead federal prosecutor at Raniere's trial, Raniere created a “girls school” for Mexican teenagers, many of whom were recruited from within the LeBaron community to live in the Albany area under the care of a "first-line slave" for Raniere.

Raniere secretly operated a"master/slave" group known as DOS or “Dominus Obsequious Sororium," which translates from Latin as "Lord/Master of the Obedient Female Companions." Under the orders of Raniere, the "Grand Master," women in DOS were starved on 500-calorie-a-day diets and forced to provide "collateral" in the form of sexually explicit photos or false information about themselves and their family to ensure their loyalty. They also were required to have Raniere's initials branded onto their pelvic areas by a person using a cauterizing pen.

Penza, now a partner at the firm of Wilkinson Walsh + Eskovitz in Manhattan, told the Times Union that some of the girls attending the so-called school took courses at Jness, a purported women’s group in NXIVM. There, they were “exposed to Raniere’s pedophilic and misogynistic teachings, and, I believe, being groomed to have sex with Raniere,” the former prosecutor explained.

“I believe the girls from the LeBaron community were targeted specifically because, having been raised in a polygamist sect, they were more vulnerable to Raniere’s teachings on sexuality, including that it is natural for women to be monogamous and for men to have more than one partner—a philosophy that served Raniere’s own sexual preferences,” Penza said.

At a Jness meeting in Apropos, a former Halfmoon restaurant on Route 9, NXIVM president Nancy Salzman parroted Raniere's words that some children are "adult-like," mentally capable of experiencing sex with adults and "perfectly happy" doing so.

During the trial, Vicente testified that he spent eight years working on a 2016 documentary, Encender EL Cocorazon, which was based in LeBaron and chronicled efforts to stand up to violence in Mexico. The film included interviews with Julian LeBaron, whose brother, Benjamin LeBaron, the spiritual leader of the LeBaron community and an anti-violence activist, was murdered in 2009.

Julian LeBaron, a relative of the victims in the massacre, by Wednesday afternoon had received condolences from more than 300 people on his Facebook page.

Vicente testified that during the making of Encender EL Cocorazon, members of NXIVM's executive board, including Seagram's heiress Clare Bronfman, became angry at him because he was "minimizing" Raniere in the film and not recognizing the "greatness of Raniere."

"And I said, 'No, I'm not, this is the story I'm following that started,'" Vicente testified. "And (Clare Bronfman), at one point, really exploded at me saying, 'It's unbelievable that given everything you've been given by this man, you can't -- you know, you can't give him tribute.' And so that went on for years."

Bronfman, who pleaded guilty in April to conspiracy to conceal and harbor illegal immigrants for financial gain and fraudulent use of identification, will be sentenced Jan. 8. NXIVM president Nancy Salzman and other former top NXIVM officials, including her daughter, Lauren Salzman, actress Allison Mack and NXIVM bookkeeper Kathy Russell, also await sentencing.

On May 9, Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Lesko asked Vicente about a separate program for girls from LeBaron that NXIVM set up known as Rainbow Cultural Gardens.

Vicente said the program was headed by NXIVM member Rosa Laura Junco, the daughter of a media mogul in Mexico. The program, built on Raniere's teachings, claimed to immerse children in nine languages at the same time.

Junco was identified at the trial as a “first-line” slave of Raniere in DOS, which means she answered directly to him.

Vicente also testified that India Oxenberg, the daughter of actress Catherine Oxenberg and who is now out of NXIVM and DOS, was put in charge of Delegates, a company in the Halfmoon area within NXIVM whose members were mostly younger people from within the LeBaron community.

"You call somebody, 'I need my laundry picked up, or I need to be picked up from the airport' kind of thing," Vicente said. "People would call her or text her and tell her what we needed and she would look at the workforce that was available and then assign them."

Vicente added: "A lot of the LeBaron girls were working for Delegates, and then some of the other younger members. They were -- they were, you know, younger people that didn't really have a career choice yet that were working for her."

Members of the LeBaron community, who are said to trace their origins to the 1950s, live about 70 miles south of the border town of Douglas, Ariz.

Last edited: