7 Pro-abortion Lies

Haich

Superstar
I can never condone the ending of a life. Some may argue that the foetus is not really a child yet since it hasn't been born but God gave you the baby as gift, who are you to deny that child a chance at life?

On the other hand victims of r*pe carrying their attacker's child makes me uneasy about being absolute on this matter...

manama

Star
On the other hand victims of r*pe carrying their attacker's child makes me uneasy about being absolute on this matter...
Lets allow abortion in cases for r*pe only. Will these pro-choicers be happen then? We know they won't. Its just an excuse.

I can never condone the ending of a life. Some may argue that the foetus is not really a child yet since it hasn't been born but God gave you the baby as gift, who are you to deny that child a chance at life?
Not only that but those "bunch of cells", it feels happy or sad, it frowns or smiles, it tries to make mother happy, upon getting injured, it tries to heal it, it hiccups, it kicks and touches, It hears and feels at ease by her voice. Those bundle of cells? they are in love with the mother,
But yea better kill it cuz forgot to wear condom.

Etagloc

Superstar

This is totally understandable. Abortion in the event of r*pe is totally different than the usual abortions of convenience. But you can be against abortion and make an exception for circumstances where it is to save the life ot of the mother or in the event of a r*pe. The pro-infanticide faction (I refuse to use the deliberately vague term "pro-choice" that conceals the actual nature of abortion beneath a thin veil of Orwellian language is always talking about these extreme scenarios but I doubt these are really even all that common. I think the the vast, vast majority of abortions are merely for the mother's convenience.

rainerann

Star
This is totally understandable. Abortion in the event of r*pe is totally different than the usual abortions of convenience. But you can be against abortion and make an exception for circumstances where it is to save the life ot of the mother or in the event of a r*pe. The pro-infanticide faction (I refuse to use the deliberately vague term "pro-choice" that conceals the actual nature of abortion beneath a thin veil of Orwellian language is always talking about these extreme scenarios but I doubt these are really even all that common. I think the the vast, vast majority of abortions are merely for the mother's convenience.
Or society's convenience. We live in a loveless society where people don't love people they didn't give birth to. I have been seriously considering adoption lately myself. I love kids. But usually people have boundaries on who they will love, so society is inconvenienced when mothers have babies and need help in some way, shape or form. How dare someone need help right?

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
True it's usually a situation where the mother 'isn't ready' for a baby or maybe the father bailed on her. Regardless, don't mean to be cold but the mother will have to live with the selfish act of killing her unborn baby. You engaged in sex and didn't take or ensure that protection was in place so the baby has to die? Doesn't make sense to me...

Children of r*pe probably isn't common, but it does exist and it's important when discussing abortion to highlight there are times where it may be a legitimate answer. Having said that the argument that is brought forward usually from hard line feminists is that a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body and that the foetus isn't classed as an infant until birth. That's what I find a ludicrous statement because essentially the woman isn't no Mary, the child was born of consent and clearly precautions were either forgotten or didn't work during that night of passion. Every time you have sex you know there just may be that small percentage of falling pregnant and if you do, why is it the end of the world? Embrace the change this child growing in you will bring. That child could be a mercy from God to teach you patience, commitment and humility but we're so quick sometimes to dismiss babies as hard work or an inconvenient burden and obstacle in our lives.

This is why premarital sex is a sin, if you don't mess around with people prior to marriage there will be less fatherless/motherless kids and less abortions. Obviously it's up to the individual what they do in the bedroom but there is a culture of promiscuity where sex and instant sexual release is encouraged. We can act on our natural desires but we have to govern them or there will be consequences...

Many older wiser people who probably don't have kids but are filthy rich with booming careers always tend to regret not having kids. This life has no substance and chasing money will eventually be the death of you. There's nothing more real than having a child grow inside you and you teaching it the ways of life. Why would you kill something so precious, a gift denied to so many couples?

Ultimate act of selfishness really

DeathlyHallows

Established
Read Freakenomics it is a fact that when abortion became legal, 30 years later crime rates were down. Why, because moms who didn't want babies, couldn't raise or give a crap about their babies, didn't have the babies. I am not making a case for abortion, I myself have two beautiful unplanned children with my significant other, but I won't take away the choice. God gets to judge, not me.

rainerann

Star
True it's usually a situation where the mother 'isn't ready' for a baby or maybe the father bailed on her. Regardless, don't mean to be cold but the mother will have to live with the selfish act of killing her unborn baby. You engaged in sex and didn't take or ensure that protection was in place so the baby has to die? Doesn't make sense to me...

Children of r*pe probably isn't common, but it does exist and it's important when discussing abortion to highlight there are times where it may be a legitimate answer. Having said that the argument that is brought forward usually from hard line feminists is that a woman has a right to choose what happens to her body and that the foetus isn't classed as an infant until birth. That's what I find a ludicrous statement because essentially the woman isn't no Mary, the child was born of consent and clearly precautions were either forgotten or didn't work during that night of passion. Every time you have sex you know there just may be that small percentage of falling pregnant and if you do, why is it the end of the world? Embrace the change this child growing in you will bring. That child could be a mercy from God to teach you patience, commitment and humility but we're so quick sometimes to dismiss babies as hard work or an inconvenient burden and obstacle in our lives.

This is why premarital sex is a sin, if you don't mess around with people prior to marriage there will be less fatherless/motherless kids and less abortions. Obviously it's up to the individual what they do in the bedroom but there is a culture of promiscuity where sex and instant sexual release is encouraged. We can act on our natural desires but we have to govern them or there will be consequences...

Many older wiser people who probably don't have kids but are filthy rich with booming careers always tend to regret not having kids. This life has no substance and chasing money will eventually be the death of you. There's nothing more real than having a child grow inside you and you teaching it the ways of life. Why would you kill something so precious, a gift denied to so many couples?

Ultimate act of selfishness really
I think you make such a good point about why many religions consider premarital sex a sin. This way, children are protected who would otherwise be born because premature sexual relations. It is a way to ensure justice for children. That was very insightful.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Women are hoes nowadays and men have no incentives to marry and therefore be committed to them so of course, there are going to be unwanted babies and abortions abundant.

DeathlyHallows

Established
Omg premarital sex is a sin? Its been happening forever. Women now are hoes? Really? Im NOT MARRIED to my Sig other. Have 2 unholy children out of wedlock...omg abominations. Grow up, get outta your bible judgy fucks. Geez wonder why church gets a bad rap. Live the Bible don't just quote it to me.

Aero

Superstar
Yeah there is a seriously lack of facts coming from the pro life group. They have a lot of rhetoric intended to make people feel as guilty as them, but beyond that there is no plan. If suddenly all the pro-choice people switched sides and were like Yo! Let's do this whole pro life thing. They would have no idea what to do or how to actually make it work. Even though they talk a lot about it.

The facts are there were a ton of abortions before it was legal. Up to a million a year according to some estimates. This is in the 1960s. And not much has changed since then. It is like 1,000 times safer now, but again there has been no secret conspiracy to have everyone get abortions. And if there was, it hasn't worked very well.

Todd

Star
Yeah there is a seriously lack of facts coming from the pro life group. They have a lot of rhetoric intended to make people feel as guilty as them, but beyond that there is no plan.
Unfortunatley that is true for many pro life groups. However there are just as many pro-life groups that do not picket, protest, rally or judge those who have abortions. Instead they provide loving support and present alternatives to abortion for those with unwanted pregnancy. I support some of these groups in my area and my wife and I have helped young women who thought abortion was their only option, find peace, support and love and either give the baby up for adoption or end up keeping and loving the baby. We have also ministered and loved those who still chose to have an abortion and help them heal form the pain and self inflicted guilt that often comes along after the abortion.

What good is it to judge or condemn someone for abortion if you are not willing to love, support and help those people find an alternative?

justjess

Superstar
Do any of you pro life people actually give two shits about the kid once it's born? Cuz I haven't seen evidence of that in the "movement" - what I have seen is a bunch of people who love to judge WOMENS sexual choices but don't care about that same woman or child once they give birth. Tons of abused and neglected children.. tons of abject poverty.. and not a single god fearing individual around to care.

Birth control and sexual education greatly reduce amounts of abortion.. but the same people in this movement are opposed to these things. Better financial security reduce abortion but again same people legislatively and idealistically oppose the changes needed to provide that to struggling families.

You aren't pro life - you are anti woman.. this whole thread I haven't read about the fathers role even once. What a shock.

You are excluded as usual todd

Aero

Superstar
Yes I agree. There are a lot of smart pro lifers out there, who just want to do the right thing. It all comes from a good place in their hearts. But than there are those where it's not coming from a good place in their heart. Than it's just about them having someone to look down upon. And you can replace women who get abortions with any other oppressed group.