500 Scientists Signed Letter to UN Stating, “There Is No Climate Emergency”

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
https://needtoknow.news/2019/09/500-scientists-signed-letter-to-un-stating-there-is-no-climate-emergency/

A group of 500 prominent scientists and professionals, led by Professor Guus Berkhout, sent a letter to the Secretary-General of the UN, António Guterres, that simply states, “There is no climate emergency.” The letter criticizes UN climate models as being “unfit” for creating policy. Berkout wrote that current climate policies grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable electrical power. He also called for a meeting between top experts in 2020 so that both sides are fully and fairly heard.

DavidSon

Star
Who would've thunk it? Another website from the mighty JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY! :D

"In 1964, G. Edward Griffin wrote his first book, The Fearful Master, on the United Nations, a topic that recurs throughout his writings...

...Griffin has been a member and officer of the John Birch Society (JBS) for much of his life and a contributing editor to its magazine, The New American. Since the 1960s, Griffin has spoken and written about the Society's theory of history involving "communist and capitalist conspiracies" over banking systems (including the Federal Reserve System), International banking, United States foreign policy, the U.S. military–industrial complex, the American news and entertainment media as propaganda, the Supreme Court of the United States, and the United Nations. From 1962 to 1975, he completed nine books and seven film productions; his 1969 video lecture, More Deadly Than War: The Communist Revolution in America, was printed in English and Dutch. In 1974, he published World Without Cancer, and in 1975, he wrote a sympathetic biography of JBS founder Robert W. Welch."

Like I said yesterday, truth-seekers across the political spectrum are investigating the same topics. I doubt anyone here blindly trusts the political charade surrounding "climate change", anymore than the illicit Federal Reserve System. But to pretend "Trumpism" or the extremist, CORPORATE views of the JBS are the grand answer to these difficult questions is delusional.

"The UN wasn’t created to take mankind into paradise, but rather, to save humanity from hell." -- Dag Hammarskjöld

Thunderian

Superstar
We can actually see the effects of climate change though.
The climate has always changed. Blaming it on straws and carbon emissions is a new thing. Environmental awareness is great, but plunging headlong into expensive global solutions that require me to give up what freedom I have left doesn't appeal to me.

The panicky cries of, "We need to do something now!", would be much more compelling if they weren't accompanied by elite climate summits that everyone takes a private jet to attend, and a total lack of a plan beyond, "Give us your money and total control over everything you do."

It's not about controlling the climate. It's about controlling us.

Last edited:

DavidSon

Star
... Environmental awareness is great, but plunging headlong into expensive global solutions that require me to give up what freedom I have left doesn't appeal to me.

... "Give us your money and total control over everything you do."

... It's about controlling us.
Not being snarky or playing dumb... what specific freedoms are you referring to? Also what do you mean by "total control."?

I've been reading this morning and afternoon about the climate change debate, trying to wrap my head around it. As usual I'm very late to the party and have kind of ignored the subject. I'm genuinely curious what concerns those who lean toward "climate-hoax" side of the issue have (besides the fear of a military invasion by the United Nations Organization haha).

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Bankrolled by the oil industry. So yeah, this doesn't seem biased at all.

WWF International accused of 'selling its soul' to corporations
WWF, which was set up by Prince Philip and Prince Bernhart of the Netherlands in 1961, runs an elite club of 1,001 of the richest people in the world, whose names are not revealed. Industrialists, philanthropists and ultra-conservative, upper-class naturalists, they are said to make up an "old boys' network with influence in the corridors of global and corporate and policy-making power".

"The '1001 club' is still important for the WWF, even though it's not a secret central committee. I hate conspiracy theories, but I'm convinced that the discreet '1001 club' still influences the strategic decisions of the WWF, because many of its members are important players in global and powerful financial and industrial corporations that rule the planet," Huismann told the Observer.
THE 1001 CLUB - BANKERS AND RAW MATERIALS - EXECUTIVES STRIVING FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
https://isgp-studies.com/1001-club-of-the-wwf

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
U.N. Taking Over City Councils Across America!

Stacy Lynne educates We Are Change Colorado about the International Council on LOCAL Environmental Initiatives. An arm of the United Nations Agenda 21 and how they are using "GREENWASHING" to take over America.

Thunderian

Superstar
Not being snarky or playing dumb... what specific freedoms are you referring to? Also what do you mean by "total control."?

I've been reading this morning and afternoon about the climate change debate, trying to wrap my head around it. As usual I'm very late to the party and have kind of ignored the subject. I'm genuinely curious what concerns those who lean toward "climate-hoax" side of the issue have (besides the fear of a military invasion by the United Nations Organization haha).
To have a global climate change policy, you need to have global control. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which is the UN body supposedly leading the charge against climate change, is pretty open about their actual goals. Climate change policies are economic policies.

IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer said in 2010:

Basically it’s a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War.
One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.

If anyone thinks giving the UN (or anyone) control of the world's economy means we'll all continue to hold the economic, social and other freedoms we enjoy now, they're not thinking it through.

Thunderian

Superstar
Bankrolled by the oil industry. So yeah, this doesn't seem biased at all.
The biggest investors in sustainable and renewable energy are oil companies. They want facts as much as anyone else, and they are spending billions each year investing in and researching clean energy.

Johnny5

Veteran
To have a global climate change policy, you need to have global control. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which is the UN body supposedly leading the charge against climate change, is pretty open about their actual goals. Climate change policies are economic policies.

IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer said in 2010:

Basically it’s a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War.

One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore.

If anyone thinks giving the UN (or anyone) control of the world's economy means we'll all continue to hold the economic, social and other freedoms we enjoy now, they're not thinking it through.
Notice that conference was in Cancun? They always hold these conferences in the nicest of places and many of the famous attendees use private transport to get there. Then tell us little folk that our carbon foot print is too large and we must stop consumption. I am all for a clean planet, but the hypocrisy is laughable.

Thunderian

Superstar
Notice that conference was in Cancun? They always hold these conferences in the nicest of places and many of the famous attendees use private transport to get there. Then tell us little folk that our carbon foot print is too large and we must stop consumption. I am all for a clean planet, but the hypocrisy is laughable.
Exactly right. It’s always us who must change our lives to accommodate the programs of the elite.

But we can stop using straws, go meatless, ride bikes everywhere, stop having kids, and reduce, reuse and recycle until we go blind, but until someone deals with what China and India are putting into the atmosphere, it’s a giant waste of time.

manama

Star
The climate has always changed. Blaming it on straws and carbon emissions is a new thing. Environmental awareness is great, but plunging headlong into expensive global solutions that require me to give up what freedom I have left doesn't appeal to me.

The panicky cries of, "We need to do something now!", would be much more compelling if they weren't accompanied by elite climate summits that everyone takes a private jet to attend, and a total lack of a plan beyond, "Give us your money and total control over everything you do."

It's not about controlling the climate. It's about controlling us.
Nobody ever said that climate never changed before, its the pace that is the problem. It has never been this rapid.

Aero

Superstar
The biggest investors in sustainable and renewable energy are oil companies. They want facts as much as anyone else, and they are spending billions each year investing in and researching clean energy.
Yeah, idk if that makes me feel better. That's like someone carjacking you, and telling you they did it to improve car safety.

Thunderian

Superstar
It has never been this rapid.
What are you basing that on?

Claims of “hottest year on record” are based on hype. Global temperatures have been holding nearly steady for almost two decades, according to satellites from the Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) and the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH).
Global warming proponents, based on heavily altered surface data, declared 2005, 2010, 2015, and 2016 to be the “hottest years” on record. But a closer examination revealed the claims were “based on year-to-year temperature data that differ by only a few HUNDREDTHS of a degree to tenths of a degree Fahrenheit – differences that were within the margin of error in the data.”
MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen ridiculed these “hottest year” claims. “The uncertainty here is tenths of a degree. It’s just nonsense. This is a very tiny change period,” Lindzen said. “If you can adjust temperatures to 2/10ths of a degree, it means it wasn’t certain to 2/10ths of a degree.”
In addition, the “hottest year” claims are based on surface data only dating back to the late 19th century. They also ignore the temperature revisions made by NASA and NOAA that have enhanced the warming trend by retroactively “cooling” the past. Many peer-reviewed studies have found the Medieval Warm Period was as warm or warmer than current temperatures.
In February 2017, a NOAA whistleblower, Dr. John Bates, revealed a temperature ‘Pausebuster’ scandal. Dr. Bates detailed how a federal study “exaggerated global warming” and “was timed to influence” the UN Paris agreement. NOAA stands accused of manipulating temperature data to hype so-called “global warming.”
On top of that, there is zero evidence that we can affect the temperature of the earth by even a fraction of a degree by doing anything. People think that if we all stop emitting carbon that we can somehow turn the dial down, but there is no science behind this at all. It's pure speculative fantasy.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yeah, idk if that makes me feel better. That's like someone carjacking you, and telling you they did it to improve car safety.
The oil companies are either climate change deniers, or they accept that it's happening and are looking for alternative sources of energy. It can't be both.