:)

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Has anyone seen this movie and analyzed it at all? My husband and I saw it last night with our youngest. It was rather Wizard of Oz meets Alice in Wonderland meets Narnia.
Good question! I know someone who mentioned taking their Granddaughter to see The Nutcracker. I assumed it would be the play as we would go to see it in school groups as young children. But its the movie they shall see so Im interested in what the community here will have to say about it.

elsbet

Superstar
The ballet?

I saw it when I was in grammar school... my mom took me, and I think one of my other "little friends" and her mother went along. I don't remember much of anything aside from wondering how Clara (?) danced with that damned doll on pointe without hurting herself.

:D

elsbet

Superstar
They made a Disney movie of the story. It came out on 11/2, I think. It was well-done, in Disney fashion. It just had some elements that reminded me of articles and discussions here.

The movie starts off at the first Christmas after Clara has lost her mother. She is rather lost herself. It progresses to her entering another realm, akin to Narnia but more showy. The entrance reminded me some of Alice’s entrance into Wonderland.
Its probably loaded, as all things Disney tend to be. Since no one here has seen it, I've taken the liberty of pulling the first video I found a la youtube -- I haven't watched it yet, soo.. we can find out together if it is ridiculous-- or not.

Last edited: