Leviathan

Established

"31" is the newest film by popular heavy metal musician and horror movie director, Rob Zombie. It follows a group of carnival workers who are kidnapped and taken to a large abandoned building where they are forced to play a game called "31." The goal is to survive 12 hours against a gang of psychotic clowns who taunt, terrorize, and torture them in various ways.

A trio of three wealthy aristocrats in powdered wigs are the ringleaders of this "game." They pay the clowns a lot of money to do what they do and are frequently seen betting on the odds of survival. They do this to a group of people every year on Halloween (October 31st, which is where the 31 comes from). The all seeing eye which is spray painted on the wall in the picture I posted above makes me feel they're supposed to be part of the Illuminati.

Rob Zombie states "I was reading this statistic: Halloween is the Number One day of the year when people go missing for some reason. I thought, 'What an interesting premise for a film.' This is five people that go missing on each day leading up to Halloween and what happens to them on the 31st."

Many people do disappear without a trace and are never seen again, so it sort of makes you wonder if the film is based in truth. Maybe the Illuminati really are kidnapping them and forcing them to participate in grotesque acts for their own amusement. I wanted to know if anyone else has seen the film and what they think of it. It's the mixture of gratuitous gore, violence, nudity, profanity, and colorful/surreal visuals Rob Zombie is famous for. If you don't like his previous work I wouldn't recommend it.

Dan

Veteran
When I first saw the eye in the movie my heart skipped a beat. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is actually occurring in real-life, though if guys like Zombie know more than they are letting-on, who knows? He does seem like a bit of a joker (pun not quite intended) who is fooling with our heads, but the fact is that everything that happens in the film is not supernatural but very possible. The thought of it creeps me right out!

Leviathan

Established
When I first saw the eye in the movie my heart skipped a beat. I wouldn't be surprised if something like this is actually occurring in real-life, though if guys like Zombie know more than they are letting-on, who knows? He does seem like a bit of a joker (pun not quite intended) who is fooling with our heads, but the fact is that everything that happens in the film is not supernatural but very possible. The thought of it creeps me right out!
I wouldn't be a bit surprised either. So many people have disappeared without a single clue. They had to have gone somewhere. I think this movie provides a very plausible explanation for it. It's pretty scary to think that all that's required is for you to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You could also make a thread about his movie "The Lords of Salem" with him being a musician and the movie dealing with witches composing a song which possesses the women of Salem when they listen to it. The three main witches even seem kind of like handlers for Heidi, the main character, during the second half of the film.

Dan

Veteran
I wouldn't be a bit surprised either. So many people have disappeared without a single clue. They had to have gone somewhere. I think this movie provides a very plausible explanation for it. It's pretty scary to think that all that's required is for you to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You could also make a thread about his movie "The Lords of Salem" with him being a musician and the movie dealing with witches composing a song which possesses the women of Salem when they listen to it. The three main witches even seem kind of like handlers for Heidi, the main character, during the second half of the film.
Indeed. Lords of Salem was creepy as hell. I read that the original had a lot cut-out due to budgetary problems, based on what's in a book. I forget the name but there's a whole backstory...

TMT

Star
I think so many people go missing because there are far more serial killers operating than people want to admit. What's more terrifying, thinking that there is a global satanic conspiracy, or that your neighbor has a torture dungeon in his basement?

TC1968

Established
31 was horrible, and it deserves every bit of shit that has been heaped upon it. There is one scene that makes it worth sitting through at about 3/4 through when the main baddie is getting hyped up to hunt the remaining carnival workers. Other than that there is nothing worth watching in this movie.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Some one was saying in another post that someone in this form made a video about Oct 31 attack. Boosting this for knowledge