2020 General Election Thread

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Can't help but be intrigued when he's being ambiguous like that. I'm getting the same vibes as when he used the "invisible enemy" as metaphore for COVID.
Trump doesn't sound comfortable reading his script. I suspect it's some kind of weird Masonic esoteric thing he was forced to say.

polymoog

Superstar
as president, i think he has to set the tone for the country. in this case, like any good president should, he is thinking optimistically for the future.

although there are vast amounts of things going on behind the scenes in the white house and trump DOES enjoy being cryptic, i am taking this at face value. i think he is saying this to be diametrically opposed to the gloom and doom lockdown democrats.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
as president, i think he has to set the tone for the country. in this case, like any good president should, he is thinking optimistically for the future.

although there are vast amounts of things going on behind the scenes in the white house and trump DOES enjoy being cryptic, i am taking this at face value. i think he is saying this to be diametrically opposed to the gloom and doom lockdown democrats.
Sounds like one of those Q psy-op nuggets.

justjess

Superstar
Have you posted this article in this thread before just now and asked everyone to read and discuss? Did it occur to you that maybe people didn't know it existed?
There have been reports of voter intimidation at early voting for a month now. The president encouraged his followers to go monitor the polls and engage in the same, on national television. There was more then enough to discuss prior to me seeing this article this morning. But it wasn’t. For whatever reason. I’m sure you can come up with one.

Aero

Superstar
Ditto. I am making no friends in either camp and just want this nightmare to end at this point. Pick a devil and get on with it.
I was never good at making friends. But people have usually been pretty nice to me. Even with all the "chaos" unleashed, I feel the same.

I don't know why people appear to be regressing so badly. The reality is most people have terrible arguments, and deep down, they know in most cases being a follower isn't empowering. So they fight with each other to try to feel some sense of security.

The political realm as it stands right now is dirty as hell. No magical thinking or brute force is going to change that. One cannot follow a dirty party and remain completely clean. That's not how logic works, and again deep down, everyone knows this.

I personally believe that people who think the past 4 years of US politics is just the same kabuki theatre and continuation of the past decades have piss-poor political awareness. The GOP had been the warhawk neocon party since the 70s. Now, most of the neocons, bar some opportunists like Lindsey Graham, have switched sides while the Dems were the exoteric reason for their existence, to such an extent that the GOP, through DJT, is fast becoming the antiwar party.

justjess

Superstar
I personally believe that people who think the past 4 years of US politics is just the same kabuki theatre and continuation of the past decades have piss-poor political awareness. The GOP had been the warhawk neocon party since the 70s. Now, most of the neocons, bar some opportunists like Lindsey Graham, have switched sides while the Dems were the exoteric reason for their existence, to such an extent that the GOP, through DJT, is fast becoming the antiwar party.
Whether we are at war or not the military budget continues to increase. The rich continue to get richer. The poor continue to struggle. Everything of substance stays the same. While this may be interesting to someone who’s life isn’t directly impacted by what’s going on with American politics.. for the people who’s lives it does actually effect small trivial semantic differences are irrelevant when held against the bigger picture. We are still at war blowing through absurd amounts of money. We are about to be in a different kind of war at home. And while some very special people have profited off his economic policies the rest of us are still struggling. So enjoy your theater while you cheer on what is effectively more of the same with a different face for people who’s lives and fate you do not share. I find it funny/pathetic that the majority of trump die hards here aren’t even American.

and just to clarify: electing Biden wont change any of the above either.

rainerann

Star
I have to say that I laughed out loud when I watched the debate and remembered hearing people say that biden didn’t stand a chance in a debate. Oh Lordy did I laugh. I’m laughing now just thinking about it.

then, trump ends up getting covid right after this.

really, I just don’t even think anyone cares about this election though. Trump is just absolutely obnoxious and biden is another career politician that is running for president again after he lost in 2008.

I think we should make a rule that if you run for president once, you shouldn’t be allowed to run again if you lose. Can you imagine if biden and Hillary weren’t allowed to run because they both lost in 2008. It would be so beautiful.

well maybe not beautiful, but better than this. And for all you diehard trump fans out there, I understand who biden is. I remember when he ran for president in 2008. I didn’t like him then. I thought he was fake and I don’t like him now.

However, trump is truly the most divisive president we have ever had and the behavior this persona of his evokes is toxic. There is nothing about his four years as president that says four more years.

I still don’t think we need a president at all. This is so stupid and I will probably go back to hibernating from this forum until it is over after I post this.

hello goodbye everyone.

Thunderian

Superstar

Wigi

Veteran
This can’t be real. There is literally one person clapping. No one will buy their voter fraud if it looks like Biden has no voters at all.

Look at this. Trump is so popular that people are organizing their own car rallies to show support.

This was Trump tonight. Look at the crowd.

That's my problem with this 'election', It's just a popularity contest and everyone looks doomed in the end.
What happened to the drain the swamp stuff? Trump posts on twitter to pretend he's about to leak important informations then nothing happens. He's very smart, he knows what to do to lure conservatives while doing little or nothing at all.

justjess

Superstar
Here's the point: If you want to discuss an issue, then post an article with your viewpoint and ask for a discussion rather than make accusations about how everyone is ignoring the issue. I'm not understanding the need to complain about people not discussing an issue when you have not even brought the issue up.
It’s been posted. You can either bitch and complain about the way I posted it or actually read the article and address the issue at hand. You chose the former, as expected.