2020 General Election Thread

DavidSon

Star
From Max Blumenthal:

I found the debate to be a refreshingly honest spectacle that allowed the public to see the candidates as they truly were, both products of a gerontocratic governing class and decaying political system. A different format or moderator wouldn't have changed much between these two.

Corporate media pundits call the debate a "shitshow." They not only loathe Trump, they agonize over the erosion of American soft power as an Edward G. Robinson gangster caricature rants at a doddering, grandfatherly opponent and a world they're expected to dominate laughs.

Biden's record of gaffes and Trump's portrayal of him as a de facto cadaver set expectations so low, Trump had to provoke him into an embarrassing malfunction to gain ground outside his narrowing base. He failed. I don't see how the prevailing dynamics of the race were changed.

this can partly explain trumps more than usual aggressive behavior. there was NOT any agreement before the debate with respect to earpieces-- bidens team did not agree to those terms (nor the drug test, of course).
if bidens team was feeding him information, the only way trump could shake him up was to keep the pressure on while biden was trying to listen to his cues. i think this is more of a reason why biden blurted out "would you shut up?" during the debate. when biden went on about the green new deal and then at the last second said, "i do not support the green new deal... i have my own deal" makes more sense now. his handlers probably straightened him out.

in any case, bidens team would be wise to use trumps pushiness and interruptive behavior as a reason NOT to have any other debates, claiming that there is no point to any other debates with him. biden has everything to lose with any further debates, and if the wire/contact lens info is correct, trumps team will be more prepared. i would find a way to interrupt/hijack/interfere with that signal; maybe send a high pitched whine through it, forcing biden to yank it out of his ear in front of the television audience.
On top of that, I had the impression there were moments when Joe was just citing memorised lines from his mind when he started to stare in front of him, sometimes for minutes on end, as he talked.

justjess

Superstar

Karlysymon

Superstar
I thought i'd revisit Trump's comments from January.....10 months on. Voices** in the religious world: "the only thing that ever brings America together is a major crisis"

The only question that comes to my mind is, what kind of event is capable of uniting a country....unless it involves major loss of life?

**iam not Stone's biggest fan for reasons i can't detail now.

I thought i'd revisit Trump's comments from January.....10 months on. Voices** in the religious world: "the only thing that ever brings America together is a major crisis"

The only question that comes to my mind is, what kind of event is capable of uniting a country....unless it involves major loss of life?

**iam not Stone's biggest fan for reasons i can't detail now.
war or asteroid or both

Karlysymon

Superstar
While I believe that the election won’t happen and that there’ll be a blackout and a bunch of other things, I’ve been re-thinking the Transition Integrity Project(TIP) and their election scenarios. They’ve been so widely reported on in MSM that iam starting to question if any of their gamed scenarios are going to play out to a T.

Anyway, in warfare, an element of surprise often changes the tide of war. So iam thinking that there is going to be another surprise event. While I don’t believe that anything is going to happen to Trump or Pence, articles such as these are making me wonder if Biden is going to drop dead.

A Biden death, before the election, would be such a game changer. It also changes (slightly??) TIP’s scenarios. Some people have already voted and he is supposedly ahead in the polls. His death would certainly set off elements on both sides of the political spectrum. Would Democrat lawyers fight for a “Harris presidency” in the courts? Maybe this wasn’t a slip of the tongue afterall…

And.....

justjess

Superstar
While I believe that the election won’t happen and that there’ll be a blackout and a bunch of other things, I’ve been re-thinking the Transition Integrity Project(TIP) and their election scenarios. They’ve been so widely reported on in MSM that iam starting to question if any of their gamed scenarios are going to play out to a T.

Anyway, in warfare, an element of surprise often changes the tide of war. So iam thinking that there is going to be another surprise event. While I don’t believe that anything is going to happen to Trump or Pence, articles such as these are making me wonder if Biden is going to drop dead.

A Biden death, before the election, would be such a game changer. It also changes (slightly??) TIP’s scenarios. Some people have already voted and he is supposedly ahead in the polls. His death would certainly set off elements on both sides of the political spectrum. Would Democrat lawyers fight for a “Harris presidency” in the courts? Maybe this wasn’t a slip of the tongue afterall…

And.....
Amazing that never even occurred to me....

Makes sense

Thunderian

Superstar

And.....
I think it would end the Democrat’s chances of gaining the White House. A lot of people who are voting for Biden would not be so enthusiastic about casting their vote for a Harris administration (with God knows who as VP), even if that’s what we’re all expecting to happen with a year or two if it’s a Biden/Harris win. Biden’s death would put the nail in the coffin a Democratic win in November, because at least with Biden alive and running, people can pretend they’re actually voting for him.

polymoog

Superstar
I think it would end the Democrat’s chances of gaining the White House. A lot of people who are voting for Biden would not be so enthusiastic about casting their vote for a Harris administration (with God knows who as VP), even if that’s what we’re all expecting to happen with a year or two if it’s a Biden/Harris win.
ive got to disagree here.
i think there are two voters: trump voters and anti-trump voters. people will vote for trump or ANYONE else besides trump, harris included.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I think it would end the Democrat’s chances of gaining the White House. A lot of people who are voting for Biden would not be so enthusiastic about casting their vote for a Harris administration (with God knows who as VP), even if that’s what we’re all expecting to happen with a year or two if it’s a Biden/Harris win. Biden’s death would put the nail in the coffin a Democratic win in November, because at least with Biden alive and running, people can pretend they’re actually voting for him.
You make a good point but…. from one of the articles I posted

CAN POLITICAL PARTIES REPLACE A CANDIDATE WHO DIES?

Yes, but not this close to Election Day. Nearly 63 million ballots have already been sent to voters, with nearly 3 million votes already cast. The deadline for candidates to withdraw has passed in all but two states — South Carolina and Connecticut — and their deadlines are a few days away.

The date of the election is set by federal law — the Tuesday after the first Monday in November — which falls this year on Nov. 3. Only Congress can change the date of the election.

“It would be impossible to change ballots at this time without delaying the election and starting the voting process over again," said Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California–Irvine School of Law. “I don't think Congress is going to do that."

So if the ballots cannot be changed and Biden dies before or on election day, does Harris automatically take his place as flag bearer and haven't the people who already voted for Biden in effect voted for Harris?

It’s a gut feeling that another card is going to be played and it seems to me that this episode of Trump catching Covid (network news is saying he is a “super spreader”) is meant to segue us into that eventuality. Which also means that if Trump catching Covid was planned, the Biden's death was also long ago in the cards.

Amazing that never even occurred to me....

Makes sense
TBH, iam stopping myself from imagining the craziness that would erupt if something like this happens.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
You make a good point but…. from one of the articles I posted

CAN POLITICAL PARTIES REPLACE A CANDIDATE WHO DIES?

Yes, but not this close to Election Day. Nearly 63 million ballots have already been sent to voters, with nearly 3 million votes already cast. The deadline for candidates to withdraw has passed in all but two states — South Carolina and Connecticut — and their deadlines are a few days away.

The date of the election is set by federal law — the Tuesday after the first Monday in November — which falls this year on Nov. 3. Only Congress can change the date of the election.

“It would be impossible to change ballots at this time without delaying the election and starting the voting process over again," said Richard Hasen, a law professor at the University of California–Irvine School of Law. “I don't think Congress is going to do that."

So if the ballots cannot be changed and Biden dies before or on election day, does Harris automatically take his place as flag bearer and haven't the people who already voted for Biden in effect voted for Harris?

It’s a gut feeling that another card is going to be played and it seems to me that this episode of Trump catching Covid (network news is saying he is a “super spreader”) is meant to segue us into that eventuality. Which also means that if Trump catching Covid was planned, the Biden's death was also long ago in the cards.

TBH, iam stopping myself from imagining the craziness that would erupt if something like this happens.
I guess if dead people can vote Democrat then dead Democrats can run for president. :)

Thunderian

Superstar
ive got to disagree here.
i think there are two voters: trump voters and anti-trump voters. people will vote for trump or ANYONE else besides trump, harris included.
I kind of agree but still think there are a good chunk of moderates/independents who would vote for Biden but not for Harris.