2020 General Election Thread

justjess

Superstar

More calls to violence and burning it all down if the President even tries to replace RBG. Note when Reza says "we", he really means "they". He won't be anywhere near the danger, but he's fine with inciting others to do it for him. So tough! So brave!

Whether Trump selects a replacement now or after the election, it's his Constitutional right to do so, just as it's the Senates' right to confirm and vote on it. Don't like the current administration? Vote. Don't like the Constitution? Move.

Are leftists capable of anything but violence when they don't get their way... even when "their way" goes against the law and Constitution? I'm just not seeing that they are able to control their inner violence and hatred.

(Reposting this from the George Floyd Riots... thread since it also has to do with the election.)
Right... as it was Obama’s right to replace Scalia. Who died in FEBUARY of an election year. Yet the republicans denied him that right claiming the American people had the right to have a say in the new justice and that say would be executed on Election Day based on who they voted to be president. If that is the standard they set THEMSELVES then they best hold to it instead of being completely morally bankrupt hypocrites.

justjess

Superstar
And that’s Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead. The left can’t let Trump have another Supreme Court justice pick. This is going to 11.
Again. They denied obama the right to replace Scalia when he died in FEBUARY of an election year under the pretense of the election being grounds to postpone the appointment so the American people could have a “say” - be consistent or fuck all the way off tbh (not you specifically).

justjess

Superstar
Notice everytime someone exposes the far left true goal through Antifa/BLM, which is to overthrow the government @justjess leaves a laughing emoji even though there is ample proof of it. Some leftists here are totally out of touch with reality.
Fair wages. Affordable healthcare. Actual justice. None of that includes overthrowing the government. That’s just a scare tactic you’ve all adopted to “other” your ideological opponents. It’s like calling every member of the right a gun toting racist redneck. They aren’t.

justjess

Superstar
its harassment? wow, i havent even mentioned ur name a dozen times, grow up.
Look through your own posting history. You most certainly have with very childish videos attached almost every time. I don’t even engage with you. So who needs to grow up?

Tidal

Star
..the links I provided about so called Christians (evangelists).. beating their wives..

No true Christian treats women bad.. :p
For example muslims stone adulteresses to death but Jesus went around rescuing them from fundy jewish mobs..:)

Look through your own posting history. You most certainly have with very childish videos attached almost every time. I don’t even engage with you. So who needs to grow up?
no i havent stop shilling ive done it like 3 times, maybe 5 or 6 max nd sometimes its debating, a dozen is 12, u know that right? or are u that stupid?

Lisa

Superstar
I agree...

but this farce can’t go on much longer

Lisa

Superstar
What does that even mean? Does school staff not get a lunch or breaks? Even asking me what I’m doing with my time when I post here considering your post count and seeming 24/7 presence on the board is insane tbh. Hypocrite.
That was in regards to seeks video of you..

Thunderian

Superstar
Again. They denied obama the right to replace Scalia when he died in FEBUARY of an election year under the pretense of the election being grounds to postpone the appointment so the American people could have a “say” - be consistent or fuck all the way off tbh (not you specifically).
And yet ...

Maybe if the left had acted at all sane since Trump was elected, they’d have some chance of arguing that the nomination should be delayed. But the way things are now, it would be a gross dereliction of duty if the Republicans were legally able to nominate and confirm a Supreme Court justice and they did not. There is no way the Democrats would delay a pick if the situation was reversed.

Ginsburg had been sick for years. She could have resigned during Obama’s administration and her successor would have been installed safely, but apparently she wanted her successor to be chosen by the first female president, Hillary Clinton, so she waited. The left screwed this up.

Re Soros (Dems) vs the Koch Brothers (GOP)

Both are open-border globalists that oppose Trump.

Anyone wanna square that circle?

justjess

Superstar
And yet ...

Maybe if the left had acted at all sane since Trump was elected, they’d have some chance of arguing that the nomination should be delayed. But the way things are now, it would be a gross dereliction of duty if the Republicans were legally able to nominate and confirm a Supreme Court justice and they did not. There is no way the Democrats would delay a pick if the situation was reversed.

Ginsburg had been sick for years. She could have resigned during Obama’s administration and her successor would have been installed safely, but apparently she wanted her successor to be chosen by the first female president, Hillary Clinton, so she waited. The left screwed this up.
And yet the senate republicans STILL delayed the justice pick until the next president so whatever Obama or anyone else said is entirely irrelevant since that isn’t what ended up happening. They switched the standard. Now that’s the standard they will have to play by. End of.

please give me any sort of even half logical answer why it was okay for them to delay Scalia a replacement until after the election (when it benefitted them) but not okay for the Dems to throw that same bullshit back in their faces now? I have yet to see one from anyone on the right. Everything said has just been blatant hypocrisy.

in the end I don’t think it will matter anyway, I’m whole heartedly expecting trump to remain president one way or another. But for the sake of not being rotten opportunistic hypocrites there needs to be consistency here.

The passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a tremendous loss to our country. She was an extraordinary champion of justice and equal rights, and will be remembered as one of the great justices in modern American history.

Unfortunately, we’ve already heard from Sen. McConnell that he has decided to go against Justice Ginsburg’s dying wishes and violate his own past statements in order to bring a judge nominated by President Trump to the floor of the United States Senate.

That’s in direct contradiction of his statement in 2016, when he said Supreme Court nominees should not be voted on during a presidential election year: "Our view is this: Give the people a voice in filling this vacancy," he said. McConnell is cementing a shameful legacy of brazen hypocrisy.

Thankfully, not all Senate Republicans agree.

Just yesterday, Sen. Lisa Murkowski came out against an appointment this close to an election. "I would not vote to confirm a Supreme Court nominee," she said. "We are 50 some days away from an election." In addition, several of McConnell’s other colleagues have previously stated they’re against confirming a new justice this close to an election. Sen. Chuck Grassley said in May, "You can’t have one rule for Democratic presidents and another rule for Republican presidents." Sen. Susan Collins said, "I think that’s too close, I really do," when asked by The New York Times about appointing a justice in October.

But no one has been clearer than Judiciary Committee Chair Sen. Lindsay Graham. He promised in 2018 that "if an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election."

The right thing to do here is clear. The Republicans in the Senate know it, and many of them have stated it clearer than I could. We should let voters decide. Period.

Thunderian

Superstar
And yet the senate republicans STILL delayed the justice pick until the next president so whatever Obama or anyone else said is entirely irrelevant since that isn’t what ended up happening. They switched the standard. Now that’s the standard they will have to play by. End of.

please give me any sort of even half logical answer why it was okay for them to delay Scalia a replacement until after the election (when it benefitted them) but not okay for the Dems to throw that same bullshit back in their faces now? I have yet to see one from anyone on the right. Everything said has just been blatant hypocrisy.

in the end I don’t think it will matter anyway, I’m whole heartedly expecting trump to remain president one way or another. But for the sake of not being rotten opportunistic hypocrites there needs to be consistency here.
So only Democrats are allowed to be hypocrites? Good to know.

There are also a few things you’re ignoring here. First, the argument McConnell made about Obama’s pick was based on an argument Biden made years ago. The argument is that a justice should not be confirmed in an election year when the White House and the senate are held by opposite parties. It was never an argument against selecting any justice in an election year.

Second, regardless of their past actions and statements, the Republicans have the Constitution on their side, and, again, if the left had not been so viciously antagonistic toward Trump for the past four years, they might be able to come to some sort of accord. Not going to happen now. No chance.

Last, the Kavanaugh confirmation changed everything. McConnell said as much at the time. If the left is threatening violence over this, do you think the GOP is going to play nice? Actions have consequences, and the Republicans owe the left nothing.

Another thing, it was the Democrats who did away with filibusters and made confirmations possible with a simple majority. They did it to hurt the Republicans, but if they’d played nice then, they could filibuster now and none of this would be an issue. Politics is a funny business, but nothing makes a side look more ridiculous than whining about the other side doing the exact same thing you did.

Thunderian

Superstar
At least Biden’s taking another day off from campaigning. Maybe they have to fix his teleprompter. Certainly, the Democrats couldn’t use any leadership right now.

Thunderian

Superstar
After the insane, personally destructive circus the Dems put Kavanaugh through, they actually deserve to have another Trump pick pushed through.
Yeah, I’m generally all for fairness and decency, but this time I don’t care even if it is unethical. If there is a chance that the Democrats could get to choose a justice to replace Ginsburg, it’s on the Republicans to resist that by any means necessary. Cry more, libs. You brought this on yourselves. Choke on it.

we both know that the right wing lie about everything and are the most hypocritical dishonest morally bankrupt people with no ethics or decency. They will forget what happened with Scalia and claim Trump has a right to replace RBG before the election.