2018 French Revolution/Gilet Jaunes protest

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Wigi, great thread. I think the Yellow Vests movement is the biggest, most sincere and grassroot protest movement of the last years, if not decades, sick and tired of the double-crossing of the political class and extremely immune to every manipulation to try and spin the Yellow Vests into something they are not. The establishment tries to either vilify the movement by planting violent agitators while turning the cameras on them, or conflating the countryside Yellow Vests with those from the banlieues who loot and plunder. Or they try to recuperate the dissent and distort it into something else than originally intended by the Yellow Vests.

It is a resentment against the stranglehold of the fascist collaboration between government, banks and big coroprations, the lack of democratic power, continuous rising costs and taxes whether it's for global warming, mass immigration, the endless and legalised swindle of money creation. It's going to be tough to continue the fight until the desired changes are achieved. They have no sponsor like Soros behind them, no international media calling it a colour revolution against an oppressive regime, no sympathy from the tv "intellectuals" à la Bernard-Henri Levy or Jacques Attali.

If they manage to stay rallied behind some clearcut and powerful demands, like the one for public referenda, or if they could crystallize their focus on la planche à billets, they could change the future of France and kickstart a snowball effect for the rest of Europe and possibly the world. But the true power lies with the forces of order. If the police could join the side of the protesters, and there have been more and more, they could really make a chance. This is why the media will spam the public with footage of violence between protesters and police forces to antagonize them. That's why people must counter with footage showing they share one and the same fight.

I truly hope you guys succeed and every night before I go to sleep, I give my modest contribution by opening a window and in proud posture giving a quenelle to the world singing: "Macroon, la sens-tuuu qui se glisse dans ton cuuul, la quenelleeeeuu."

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
I gotta say, I was raised with american tv, movies and music and their culture made an impression but I gotta say I'm starting to LOVE the french people! Their fighting spirit, their pride and their emotional expressions. You guys ROCK!

Vixy

Star

(Sry for a late rapport due to prsonal problems)

They were last staurday 5,200 less.

The jackets of the Police says Gendarmerie meaning theyre mercenaries. Its rumoured they're from germany and many of them are arabic.

Wigi

Veteran
Riots in Paris to celebrate 4 months of Yellow vest protests.
It's burning everywhere.

Yellow vests sent an ultimatum to President Macron.

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/world/yellow-vests-send-french-president-an-ultimatum-on-another-day-of-violence/50000262-3926967

Rioters won't hesitate to attack cops, burn more banks and loot shops until they invest the Elysee.

The French Government is planning to enforce a law that forbid French citizens their constitutional right to protest.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190130/yellow-vests-is-france-about-to-bring-in-a-controversial-anti-rioting-bill

French constitution is about to be violated yet again by this incompetent government despite the warnings of the council of Europe rights:

The Council of Europe rights group on Tuesday urged France to halt the use of rubber bullet

It's far from over.

Vixy

Star
Riots in Paris to celebrate 4 months of Yellow vest protests.
It's burning everywhere.

Yellow vests sent an ultimatum to President Macron.

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/world/yellow-vests-send-french-president-an-ultimatum-on-another-day-of-violence/50000262-3926967

Rioters won't hesitate to attack cops, burn more banks and loot shops until they invest the Elysee.

The French Government is planning to enforce a law that forbid French citizens their constitutional right to protest.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190130/yellow-vests-is-france-about-to-bring-in-a-controversial-anti-rioting-bill

French constitution is about to be violated yet again by this incompetent government despite the warnings of the council of Europe rights:

The Council of Europe rights group on Tuesday urged France to halt the use of rubber bullet

It's far from over.
They just did this in Sweden! Came with a law that forbids, that is.

Same in Spain: https://www.thelocal.es/20141212/spain-passes-tough-citizens-security-law

"Spain on Thursday finally passed its new controversial Citizen Security Law which opponents say will severely limit civil liberties in the country."

"
The unpopular law contains retains existing fines of up to €600,000 ($746,000) for unauthorized protests outside buildings "which provide basic services to the community", a definition that encompasses everything from hospitals to universities and the Spanish parliament.

The new law, which the government argues will ensure public security, also forbids the photographing or filming of police officers in situations where doing so could put them in danger. This could result in a fine of up to €30,000. Showing a "lack of respect" to those in uniform, meanwhile, could lead to a fine of €600.

The law has been dubbed the 'ley mordaza' or 'gag law' by opposition groups and the Spanish media, many of whom believe the law will curtail individual rights.

It was passed in the lower house of the Spanish parliament on Thursday, despite all parliamentary groups except for the ruling PP voting against the legislation."

They dont care about the peoples will, they'll get their laws through despite them.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
They just did this in Sweden! Came with a law that forbids, that is.

Same in Spain: https://www.thelocal.es/20141212/spain-passes-tough-citizens-security-law

"Spain on Thursday finally passed its new controversial Citizen Security Law which opponents say will severely limit civil liberties in the country."

"
The unpopular law contains retains existing fines of up to €600,000 ($746,000) for unauthorized protests outside buildings "which provide basic services to the community", a definition that encompasses everything from hospitals to universities and the Spanish parliament.

The new law, which the government argues will ensure public security, also forbids the photographing or filming of police officers in situations where doing so could put them in danger. This could result in a fine of up to €30,000. Showing a "lack of respect" to those in uniform, meanwhile, could lead to a fine of €600.

The law has been dubbed the 'ley mordaza' or 'gag law' by opposition groups and the Spanish media, many of whom believe the law will curtail individual rights.

It was passed in the lower house of the Spanish parliament on Thursday, despite all parliamentary groups except for the ruling PP voting against the legislation."

They dont care about the peoples will, they'll get their laws through despite them.
While I believe that the movement was organic, I think it has been hijacked and infiltrated and these new laws are an affirmation of Rahm Emmanuel’s (Chicago mayor) philosophy.

1552938634435.png

Vixy

Star
Soo, without the ability to protest the "government" can bring in what it wants. Hello New World Order!

Vixy

Star
Brown vests never arrived, not last week nor this. I don't get it, where are they?