2018 French Revolution/Gilet Jaunes protest

Masked crusader7

Established
Hi i'm new here and i'm french.

I follow VC since a long time (I discovered this website maybe 6 or 7 years ago) but it's my very first thread here because I wanted to talk about my country. My country has changed for the worst.

Right now, people talk about a revolution, death threats were sent to mayors and politicians are overwhelmed by all the things that happened in Paris last Saturday.

To understand the movement of Yellow jackets or "Gilets Jaunes" in french, you have to realize that France is the most heavily taxed country in Europe but President Macron want to add new taxes on diesel fuel because environment ect.. when our government encouraged its people to buy diesel cars during the last decade.
Many people are afraid that they won't be able to afford having a car or even paying gas when we need our cars in a daily basis.

In France, it's hard these days to find a job if you don't have a car but we have to pay new bills and more taxes when, at the same time, President Macron suppressed the solidarity tax on wealth which was a move that was loved by the richest and those with the highest income in France.

It was perceived as injustice by french workers that's why Pesident Macron is now known as the 'president of the rich and bankers' here.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-again-tops-EU-tax-list

But it's not over, because Mr. Macron despise his people and he now want to sign the UNO migration pact this month so it could result with more migrants in Europe when so many French natives can't even live a decent life anymore. That's crazy.

People are extremely mad and this time it's not a matter of conservatives fighting liberals/progressists/pro-migrants ect..

No, all hell broke lose last Saturday with far left anarchists fighting the cops, attacking the banks screaming 'kill capitalism' and young migrants robbing the shops during this Yellow jackets protest.
Some protestors protected the cops from factions possessing weapons who attacked cars, shops and cops. It almost looked like a civil war
https://tech2.org/arab/arab-newspapers-a-battlefield-in-paris-due-to-protests-yellow-jackets/
View attachment 17676
Now some protesters plan to bring weapons (maybe firearms) during next week protest.
And nobody knows what could happen if nothing change very soon.

Some of us believe that this president is lucifer in flesh.
View attachment 17677
I'm worried but not really surprised at the moment i'm hoping that this nightmare will end before it goes too far.
hi ill keep you in my prayers mame or sir dont worry about the money or anything like ive worried my whole life and God has assured me always he is in total control this wont last forever where you live or anywhere i belive people are waking up to the injustices of this world we live in eroupe is going to be exposed even more merry christmas my christmas prayer to is that you and your family spend it with christ jesus our savior he will rescues us soon! as women he will save us jesus christ loves you! happy 2019 early!

Strasbourg shooting: One dead, 10 wounded and gunman at large
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46530265

The gunman was 'fiche S' meaning it might be another radicalized islamist...

Why now? Is it a false flag to stop the movement? How convenient...
They (politicians and MSM) were predicting, almost hoping for this. And along it comes, just in the nick of time eh?

While it’s possible that Macron can use this to distract from economic troubles, this can also be easily seized upon by the nationalists.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
While it’s possible that Macron can use this to distract from economic troubles, this can also be easily seized upon by the nationalists.
Very true... whomever holds the reins or power are in a strong position to exploit this however they wish, but you raise an excellent contention.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Welcome to VC. Where the Yellow Vest protestors are good, and Antifa protesters are bad.

I think that people standing up for change is obviously a good thing. But to try to make a leader step down is completely short-sighted. Because what happens if Macron actually resigns? Guess what? Another stooge will take his place. He will probably be replaced by someone worse.

The main takeaway is that real change takes time, and cannot be condensed into some reactionary chain of events.
So you're saying they should just give up cuz its never gonna get better? Good God, who's side are you ON?! Sitting down, giving up changes absolutely NOTHING! By this at least they have a chance. And besides more countries are joining in on them. We now have sweden, Canada, Netherlands and Belgium and its still spreading. Its like David Icke says: "HUMAN RACE- GET OFF YOUR KNEES!" If every country protests, the globalists will have to step the fuck down. Its just a matter of who's more persistant; them or us? And if we stop working, society will stop running and then how will they get their luxurious foods and their much needed staff?

They need us - We dont need them.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So you're saying they should just give up cuz its never gonna get better? Good God, who's side are you ON?! Sitting down, giving up changes absolutely NOTHING! By this at least they have a chance. And besides more countries are joining in on them. We now have sweden, Canada, Netherlands and Belgium and its still spreading. Its like David Icke says: "HUMAN RACE- GET OFF YOUR KNEES!" If every country protests, the globalists will have to step the fuck down. Its just a matter of who's more persistant; them or us? And if we stop working, society will stop running and then how will they get their luxurious foods and their much needed staff?

"And if we stop working, society will stop running and then how will they get their luxurious foods and their much needed staff? They need us - We dont need them."
Miss Vixy done cracked the case? You right on and real as steel here Iron Lady........

Aero

Superstar

In no way, shape or form did I advocate for doing nothing.

My post was advocating for playing the long strategy vs reactionary symbolic victories. Furthermore, I reinforced that point by bringing up how Institutions seem to hold the real power.

The Arab Spring of 2010 comes to mind here. Now I'm far from an expert on the subject, but what's really changed since then? All I can find is a bunch of symbolic victories where someone resigned or some minor concession is made. So once again I think that's still a good thing, but I'm not going to start celebrating until some of these corrupt institutions crumble.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
In no way, shape or form did I advocate for doing nothing.

My post was advocating for playing the long strategy vs reactionary symbolic victories. Furthermore, I reinforced that point by bringing up how Institutions seem to hold the real power.

The Arab Spring of 2010 comes to mind here. Now I'm far from an expert on the subject, but what's really changed since then? All I can find is a bunch of symbolic victories where someone resigned or some minor concession is made. So once again I think that's still a good thing, but I'm not going to start celebrating until some of these corrupt institutions crumble.
Perhaps thats because the "Arab Spring" you are referring to was a CIA (and other alphabet groups) organized effort, not an organic response to oppression as we are seeing here.

SnowFall

Veteran
The French Revolution was a Rothschild plot I don’t see this as anything different tbh
Just like the whole political fat left far right nonsense
Divide and conquer

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
AFAIK these gilets jaunes protest about rather superficial aspects of French corruption, and accept small concessions, when the whole corrupt banking system is not even brought up. It's always "capitalism bad" or "globalism bad", but the root issues are not even addressed. That is why people like Trump got popular, it's an illusion to lull people into a false sense of security that the real problems will be solved - when they are all ignored.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
AFAIK these gilets jaunes protest about rather superficial aspects of French corruption, and accept small concessions, when the whole corrupt banking system is not even brought up. It's always "capitalism bad" or "globalism bad", but the root issues are not even addressed. That is why people like Trump got popular, it's an illusion to lull people into a false sense of security that the real problems will be solved - when they are all ignored.
Perhaps you should research whats actually going on there. There is a poster here from France whom has clearly stated that what you are contending is false. And what do you know, their posts are in this very same thread!

Helioform

Star
Perhaps you should research whats actually going on there. There is a poster here from France whom has clearly stated that what you are contending is false. And what do you know, their posts are in this very same thread!
Are you talking about Wigi? He says that people are fed up with politics in France and that this revolution will benefit no politicians. I don't really disagree there, but still, most of the world feels the same way about politics and these right wing reactionary movements still gain more power around the world. And I didn't see anything about reforming the banking system, but I speed read some of the posts so I don't know.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Are you talking about Wigi? He says that people are fed up with politics in France and that this revolution will benefit no politicians. I don't really disagree there, but still, most of the world feels the same way about politics and these right wing reactionary movements still gain more power around the world. And I didn't see anything about reforming the banking system, but I speed read some of the posts so I don't know.
Instead of speed reading and rushing to commenting in haste, why not digest the first hand account of someone there? He/she seems to be presenting a fairly comprehensive view of the surface situations in France.

Helioform

Star
Instead of speed reading and rushing to commenting in haste, why not digest the first hand account of someone there? He/she seems to be presenting a fairly comprehensive view of the surface situations in France.
I have read the rest and didn't see anything about these protesters wanting to reform the banking system. It's all about blaming immigrants, taxes and capitalism. His theory that this is orchestrated is correct imo, "ordo ab chao" as they say.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I have read the rest and didn't see anything about these protesters wanting to reform the banking system. It's all about blaming immigrants, taxes and capitalism. His theory that this is orchestrated is correct imo, "ordo ab chao" as they say.
I agree that tptb are trying to co-opt this asap, but its too messy with too many varying agendas/players (on the street level) to be a very tightly controlled operation. I think tptb just push and push until there is pushback, then they have various gameplans which to employ. But these aint the same old ptb, this new generation simply does not have the grip on themselves required to maintain a solid gasp on others. The reforms to the overall system were addressed with the posters contentions that:
"It was perceived as injustice by french workers that's why Pesident Macron is now known as the 'president of the rich and bankers' here"
"No, all hell broke lose last Saturday with far left anarchists fighting the cops, attacking the banks screaming 'kill capitalism"
"French medias believe that current crisis will benefit the far right when in fact, it will benefit to nobody if this revolution happens because they don't understand that people are sick and tired of politics and they don't want to be considered as second class citizens anymore."
"A growing number of people are opening their eyes about M.Macron, a man who attacked Syria for no apparent reasons when we have nothing to win in that except paving the way for arabic antisemitism in France."
"Indeed the system is backed into a corner"

Perhaps I misunderstood what the poster was intending and if so thats my mistake. But based on what I read from them, it fits with reports and analysis which I have seen that are trustworthy. It truly seems like an organic moment where various groups, fed up with the current system have come together in a loose alliance to, if nothing else, have each others back on the streets while they attack the system directly.

"His theory that this is orchestrated is correct imo, "ordo ab chao" as they say"
I took that to mean more of an explanation for false flags but again, only the poster knows what their there intent was with their comments.

mecca

Superstar
The banking system is a part of capitalism though... And why should they only reform the banking system when they could get rid of it instead?

Helioform

Star
I agree that tptb are trying to co-opt this asap, but its too messy with too many varying agendas/players (on the street level) to be a very tightly controlled operation. I think tptb just push and push until there is pushback, then they have various gameplans which to employ. But these aint the same old ptb, this new generation simply does not have the grip on themselves required to maintain a solid grip on others. The reforms to the overall system were addressed with the posters contentions that:
"It was perceived as injustice by french workers that's why Pesident Macron is now known as the 'president of the rich and bankers' here"
"No, all hell broke lose last Saturday with far left anarchists fighting the cops, attacking the banks screaming 'kill capitalism"
Maybe. Problem is, banking itself is not the problem, it's the fact that these bankers control the economy through central banks that issue fiat currency and that is not controlled by the government, for and by the people. They seem to be conflating banking with capitalism when banking is just a tool. Setting stuff on fire just out of rage and wanting to kill bankers will not solve the problem either.

Helioform

Star
The banking system is a part of capitalism though... And why should they only reform the banking system when they could get rid of it instead?
Didn't Marx advocate something like a central bank controlled by the people? I believe that might solve the problem.

mecca

Superstar
Didn't Marx advocate something like a central bank controlled by the people? I believe that might solve the problem.
Marx said that capitalism will eventually be replaced because it is inherently contradictory. He thought that communism would replace it. His idea of communism didn’t contain any banking system at all... it is a stateless, classless, and moneyless society. Banks control money and money is a part of the capitalist system so those things wouldn’t have to exist in a different system.

But perhaps a central bank that is truly controlled by the people could be slightly better than the system we have now. I don’t think it will solve all of our problems though, banks are still a flawed idea and I don’t like them.

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
I don’t think so. Marx said that capitalism will eventually be replaced because it is inherently contradictory. He thought that communism would replace it. His idea of communism didn’t contain any banking system at all... it is a stateless, classless, and moneyless society. Banks control money and money is a part of the capitalist system so those things wouldn’t have to exist in a different system.

But perhaps a central bank that is truly controlled by the people could be slightly better than the system we have now. I don’t think it will solve all of our problems though, banks are still a flawed idea and I don’t like them.
He proposed this in his Communist Manifesto, but apparently that was when he was younger and he might have changed his mind later on.

I know you don't like Capitalism as a whole but I think private property is something that should be kept...