2018 French Revolution/Gilet Jaunes protest

In Judo, the best way to put someone on the ground is to yank them hard in the direction they are wishing to attack, then redirect the energy to take them off balance. It just takes deft timing and positioning to take your opponent down.

The real question will be who is the best player.
Well the question is, will Macron weather this?
If so, by what means?

If not who will fill the void? Will it be this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2018/12/generation-hate-french-violence-racism-exposed-181208155503837.html

TruthSucker

Established
And that is what worries me. None of those nationalist movements are good, the pain caused by neo-liberal corporate globalism is real but it’s failures are used as a way to create far-right nationalist movements that are much much more dangerous.

There is a reason fascism is more popular now than at anytime since the 1930s.
Exactly what I thought. All the people on the streets shouting "no more immigrants" are the same people shouting "Heil Hitler" in the future. 90 years obviously is enough to let most people forget what happened. Stupid. If that's the direction then next stop is World War 3. Applause.

Of course there's a reason why fascism is so "en vogue" these days: politicians have failed again in doing their job!

Instead of punishing financial crimes, they let it happen!
Instead of making a fair tax system, they made a tax system for the companys (for the rich) and for the rich!
Instead of regulating the property market they build less apartments for the poor and sold the state-owned ones to the investors!
And so on and so on ...
And here comes the immigrant, perfect victim for the "low-iq'ers" and the racists.

At least here in Germany. I think one or the other knows what I'm talking about. Money doesn't flow down the river, it flows up the river. Of course it does, that's how our financial system is designed.

So, to me, all these yellow vesters shouldn't be in a fight against their politicians, they should knock down those disgusting bank buildings, cause that's the mafia whose orders our politicians obey. At least that's what I think.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well the question is, will Macron weather this?
If so, by what means?

If not who will fill the void? Will it be this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2018/12/generation-hate-french-violence-racism-exposed-181208155503837.html
I suspect tptb used ISIS for their own ends. There was a predictable energy behind them and rather like the "Clockwork Orange" they could be released to do what they did. I wonder what use might be made of "Les Gilets Jaunes". I have no idea btw, I'm just keeping my eyes open right now...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Thanks everyone for your support, I really appreciate it.

The working class in France is paying the price of 40 years of chaotic political choices that lead us to sacrifice our country for a progressive agenda of mass immigration. This agenda was supported by both the left and the right because yes, republicans in France where somehow as, if not more, Democrat than most right wings in Europe.

Jacques Chirac did the right thing when he refused to attack Afghanistan but M. Sarkozy accepted to attack Lybia and right there, the gates of chaos in Europe were opened.
We have imported terrorists and criminals in our country but our government still don't know how to manage it because we have so many immigrants here and France is the sole country where racial or religious statistics are forbidden. Plain and simple

But things went worse when we voted democrats 5 years ago, many people started to agree with far left ideas while we couldn't talk about anything anymore.

It became taboo to talk about skin colors, religions and more accurately French Arabic to a point that Arabs meant muslims in the medias.

People were so disappointed to see Marine Le Pen (far right) losing last elections that many Frenchies don't even believe in politics anymore.

More than 100 years of Laicite (or secularism) in France created a high percentage of persons who don't believe in anything except in mere humans.

When people vote for someone, you can't reason them because politics is a sort of religion in their head that's why M. Macron was voted with a bogus program that was clearly anti-france because "we need to protect our democracy, our republican model and our humanistic values against those who wish a civil war in France like the far right" they said.

French medias believe that current crisis will benefit the far right when in fact, it will benefit to nobody if this revolution happens because they don't understand that people are sick and tired of politics and they don't want to be considered as second class citizens anymore.
A growing number of people are opening their eyes about M.Macron, a man who attacked Syria for no apparent reasons when we have nothing to win in that except paving the way for arabic antisemitism in France.

I have in mind that my country is the home of freemasonry and after all, their motto is 'ordo ab chaos'.

But my country is also the place where Christians never loses faith and courage against adversity, I don't forget that the dawn come after the darkest hours of the night.
You are posting some very powerful words here, thank you. I agree with most everything I have read in these first 2 posts of yours, but these two quotes really stand out....

"Jacques Chirac did the right thing when he refused to attack Afghanistan but M. Sarkozy accepted to attack Lybia and right there, the gates of chaos in Europe were opened."
"A growing number of people are opening their eyes about M.Macron, a man who attacked Syria for no apparent reasons when we have nothing to win in that except paving the way for arabic antisemitism in France."

I think whats present in the quotes is very important. As you may have already become familiar with in reading posts here, many in Canada and the USA (tbh, many Trump supporters, along w/the far left) will demonstrate that they clearly understand the issues at hand. They will act as though they have a real desire to find solutions and a way forward. But as soon as self-reflection is in order, they balk, make excuses, become confrontational or simply melt away...... They are unwilling to do the heavy lifting you have done here. They wish to address, analyze and produce solutions for these problems without ever engaging in the introspection which is needed to operate in honesty. i salute you for being wiling to call out your own side in the mess made by many parties, not just point your fingers at others.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yes, its true. I've been talking to three groups that are anti immigration and we are ALL very sick of how ths is going so they finally protested. They went to the riksdagshus (parliament house) in Stockholm and stood silently and looked at the house. As a warning of whats to come if it doesnt stop, I take it. Mainly it was against the UN's no border deal.

"They went to the riksdagshus (parliament house) in Stockholm and stood silently and looked at the house. As a warning of whats to come if it doesnt stop"
Powerful......

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
In Judo, the best way to put someone on the ground is to yank them hard in the direction they are wishing to attack, then redirect the energy to take them off balance. It just takes deft timing and positioning to take your opponent down.

The real question will be who is the best player.
By their corrupt definition.... it will be the one who snuck a gun into the fistfight.....

yiksmes

Established
I don't know if it is of any importance but i saw a few videos of Speakers Corner from Sunday, The DFLA was there and most of them were also wearing them vests...
So if this thing happens in UK and the movement is by DFLA... What does it mean? Is it something to worry about?

Exactly what I thought. All the people on the streets shouting "no more immigrants" are the same people shouting "Heil Hitler" in the future. 90 years obviously is enough to let most people forget what happened. Stupid. If that's the direction then next stop is World War 3. Applause.

Of course there's a reason why fascism is so "en vogue" these days: politicians have failed again in doing their job!

Instead of punishing financial crimes, they let it happen!
Instead of making a fair tax system, they made a tax system for the companys (for the rich) and for the rich!
Instead of regulating the property market they build less apartments for the poor and sold the state-owned ones to the investors!
And so on and so on ...
And here comes the immigrant, perfect victim for the "low-iq'ers" and the racists.

At least here in Germany. I think one or the other knows what I'm talking about. Money doesn't flow down the river, it flows up the river. Of course it does, that's how our financial system is designed.

So, to me, all these yellow vesters shouldn't be in a fight against their politicians, they should knock down those disgusting bank buildings, cause that's the mafia whose orders our politicians obey. At least that's what I think.

Yes, exactly this. Until we do something about our economic system of injustice more and more people will flock to fascism using the refugee crisis ( created in a lot of ways by the western powers) as scapegoats isn’t going to solve anything. I think fascism went underground after WW2 and behind the scenes has been manipulating events to set the stage for their “triumphant return”.

It’s a huge problem from Brazil to Poland to the US.

Vytas

Star
People got 100 € minimum wage raise and some promises, i wonder if it's going to be enough, i hope not, and they will force him to step down, would be awesome accomplishment in our day and age.

Vixy

Star
People got 100 € minimum wage raise and some promises, i wonder if it's going to be enough, i hope not, and they will force him to step down, would be awesome accomplishment in our day and age.
Well the protests will continue. Its on again saturday. Ps, They also got christmas bonuses that wouldnt cost the employer anything plus Macron skipped the raised taxes.

Aero

Superstar
Welcome to VC. Where the Yellow Vest protestors are good, and Antifa protesters are bad.

I think that people standing up for change is obviously a good thing. But to try to make a leader step down is completely short-sighted. Because what happens if Macron actually resigns? Guess what? Another stooge will take his place. He will probably be replaced by someone worse.

The main takeaway is that real change takes time, and cannot be condensed into some reactionary chain of events.

Vytas

Star
Welcome to VC. Where the Yellow Vest protestors are good, and Antifa protesters are bad.

I think that people standing up for change is obviously a good thing. But to try to make a leader step down is completely short-sighted. Because what happens if Macron actually resigns? Guess what? Another stooge will take his place. He will probably be replaced by someone worse.

The main takeaway is that real change takes time, and cannot be condensed into some reactionary chain of events.
Doesn't matter who will take his place, when making decisions he will think twice before completely disregarding his people...And that would be step to the right direction. And btw EU is not US not all presidents are stooges.

Aero

Superstar
Doesn't matter who will take his place, when making decisions he will think twice before completely disregarding his people...And that would be step to the right direction. And btw EU is not US not all presidents are stooges.
So the rich guy is going to learn his lesson through an early retirement? Like, wow put those teeth away!

Just playing with you a little bit. I agree that it could be a step in the right direction. I don't know all of the nuances, but it seems like no one specific leader is holding the reins here. And I've said this sort of thing before. If we could solve the problem of inequality by eliminating a few key people we would do it.

I'm just saying its the institutions that try to stay upright at the expense of the working folks. So unless we start to confront powerful institutions we aren't going to get very far.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I bought a yellow vest myself yesterday! (Way down in the basket there was an XS waiting for me, tehee) I'm ready to join the vests if it happens in my city. I will fight till the LAST energy runs out of me for this!

FUCK the ILLUMINATI!
Get 'em Miss Vixy.......

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

You have a point, but so do people.... their breaking point. Macron seems like his backers figured the pretty-boy looks, slick demeanor and "opposed to Trump" theatrics would placate the masses into accepting their neo-liberal vision. They were wrong.

Btw, you spoke a real truth here...
"Welcome to VC. Where the Yellow Vest protestors are good, and Antifa protesters are bad."

Vytas

Star
So the rich guy is going to learn his lesson through an early retirement? Like, wow put those teeth away!

Just playing with you a little bit. I agree that it could be a step in the right direction. I don't know all of the nuances, but it seems like no one specific leader is holding the reins here. And I've said this sort of thing before. If we could solve the problem of inequality by eliminating a few key people we would do it.

I'm just saying its the institutions that try to stay upright at the expense of the working folks. So unless we start to confront powerful institutions we aren't going to get very far.
It is obvious that he represents interest of certain groups without saying, so i skipped the obvious.
And they already learned a lesson because tune has changed.

Aero

Superstar
You have a point, but so do people.... their breaking point. Macron seems like his backers figured the pretty-boy looks, slick demeanor and "opposed to Trump" theatrics would placate the masses into accepting their neo-liberal vision. They were wrong.

Btw, you spoke a real truth here...
"Welcome to VC. Where the Yellow Vest protestors are good, and Antifa protesters are bad."
Pretty much agree on all points.

Yellow Vesters are basically Antifa.

It is obvious that he represents interest of certain groups without saying, so i skipped the obvious.
And they already learned a lesson because tune has changed.
Well, I hope you are right. I see tunes change all the time though. And that isn't much of an action. It's just more words, but if it turns into meaningful action I'm all for it.

Vytas

Star
Well, I hope you are right. I see tunes change all the time though. And that isn't much of an action. It's just more words, but if it turns into meaningful action I'm all for it.
Thats the thing about French, they aren't the usual apathetic type of people. History and eye test (spent all autumn in there ) confirms this for me. My reaction would be different if it happened somewhere else.