2 years without fluoride toothpaste

Vixy

Star
I remember there was an old thread from a long time member who said his teeth had rotten since he stopped using fluoride toothpaste. Well, this is what happened to mine: fluoride-free.png

Usually my dentist appointments are so expensive I can't afford it all in one sitting but have to divide it up. My last appointment, I had NO cavities (usually have about 5-7) just one that had stopped itself on a front tooth. YES, it stopped itself, so it started before I ended the fluoride use and during the non fluoride toothpaste use, it stopped. The rest "looks good" as she said.

So..from 5-7 cavities to ZERO. Yes... Zero.

And that's my story. Nothing in the appearance of my teeth changed, they've looked this way for a long time. No colour change, nothing but the cavities ending. So why his teeth rotted I don't know but mine stopped costing me alot of money.

I've noticed being 2 years free from fluoride that my minds sharpening up aswell. My concentration problems are low compared to what they used to be but that can be for other reasons. I also sleep better.

Last edited:
I remember there was an old thread from a long time member who said his teeth had rotten since he stopped using fluoride toothpaste. Well, this is what happened to mine: View attachment 69244

Usually my dentist appointments are so expensive I can't afford it all in one sitting but have to divide it up. My last appointment, I had NO cavities (usually have about 5-7) just one that had stopped itself on a front tooth, we fixed. YES, it stoopped itself, so it started before I ended the fluoride use and during the non fluride toothpaste use, it stopped. The rest "looks good" as she said.

So..from 5-7 cavities to ZERO. Yes..Zero.

And thats my story. Nothing in the appearance of my teeth changed, they've looked this way a long time..no colour change, nothing but the cavities ending. So why his teeth rotted I dont know but mine stopped costing me alot of money.

I've noticed being 2 years free from fluoride that my minds sharpening up aswell. My concentration problems are low compared to what they used to be but that can be for other reasons. I also sleep better.
Isn't there fluoride in all the water and what about mouthwash? And what about in Britain before fluoride everybody had bad teeth?

MP3D

Established
fluoride does not get absorbed topically. its great that you stopped using flouride toothpaste, but almost all of the food/drink you eat/drink has been in contact with flouridated water at some point, so i think the clarity you feel is placebo.

Vixy

Star
Isn't there fluoride in all the water and what about mouthwash? And what about in Britain before fluoride everybody had bad teeth?
Sweden doesnt have fluoride in the water that I know of, I dont use mouthwash, only toothpaste and at times floss.

free2018

Star
I started using charcoal toothpaste just for shits and giggles due to this thread. It’s been about two to three weeks.

The only thing I have noticed so far is that I think my teeth are stronger. I don’t know.

polymoog

Superstar
I started using charcoal toothpaste just for shits and giggles due to this thread. It’s been about two to three weeks.
the charcoal will pull out any stains (coffee? cigarettes?) on your teeth as well.

i havent had a cavity in 10+ years, but i think that good teeth genetics plays a part in that. patrick timpone (one radio network) has holistic dentists on his show all the time, so i learned quite a bit from that.

using a metal dental pick for dental cleanings is supposed to be detrimental, as the cleaning procedure itself removes the natural bacterial biofilm on the teeth. many of those dentists discuss the balance of bacteria in the mouth-- there are bad and good bacteria. oil pulling removes ALL bacteria. that could be good as long as you 'repopulate' your mouth with the good bacteria.
the bacterial probiotics in dairy/yogurt/raw milk are the good ones-- for years now, i protect my teeth at night by eating a bit of yogurt or raw milk. this helps tip the scales for the good bacteria.
one of the worst things to do is to allow your mouth to dry out. i dont remember the exact reason, but i think it has to do with the bacteria again. so... keeping your mouth closed (and moistened) is best.
root canals are great... for chronic jaw bone infections that last for years.

if anyone is interested (do your own search on the site):

Vixy

Star

The only thing I have noticed so far is that I think my teeth are stronger. I don’t know.
Oh the good old charcoal, I used that. Can highly recomnend! But I think that a couple of weeks is too short of a time to notice any difference. The difference I noticed was after the second year when I had no cavities and I also notice now at year 3 that I dont get that "fuzz" on the teeth if I dont brush for a day. I've experimented and can go without brushing for days and theres not much build up. I've also found a health store that sells fluoride free and while buying it someone else came in and bought the same so they seem to really be selling. One of THE best decisions Ive made was to end fluoride tothpaste use.

Last edited:

free2018

Star
Oh the good old charcoal, I used that. Can highly recomnend! But I think that a couple of weeks is too short of a time to notice any difference. The difference I noticed was after the 2 year when I had no cavities and I also notice now at year 3 that I dont get that "fuzz" on the teeth if I dont brush for a day. Ive experimented and can go without brushing for days and theres not much build up. Ive also found a health store that sells fluoride free and while buying it someone else came in and bought the same so they seem to really be selling. One of THE best decisions Ive mad was to end fluoride tothpaste use.
I just started charcoal again. I have mixed and matched a bit as far as toothpaste.

free2018

Star
the charcoal will pull out any stains (coffee? cigarettes?) on your teeth as well.

i havent had a cavity in 10+ years, but i think that good teeth genetics plays a part in that. patrick timpone (one radio network) has holistic dentists on his show all the time, so i learned quite a bit from that.

using a metal dental pick for dental cleanings is supposed to be detrimental, as the cleaning procedure itself removes the natural bacterial biofilm on the teeth. many of those dentists discuss the balance of bacteria in the mouth-- there are bad and good bacteria. oil pulling removes ALL bacteria. that could be good as long as you 'repopulate' your mouth with the good bacteria.
the bacterial probiotics in dairy/yogurt/raw milk are the good ones-- for years now, i protect my teeth at night by eating a bit of yogurt or raw milk. this helps tip the scales for the good bacteria.
one of the worst things to do is to allow your mouth to dry out. i dont remember the exact reason, but i think it has to do with the bacteria again. so... keeping your mouth closed (and moistened) is best.
root canals are great... for chronic jaw bone infections that last for years.

if anyone is interested (do your own search on the site):
Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Vixy

Star
I just started charcoal again. I have mixed and matched a bit as far as toothpaste.
aha you meant brushing with the powder only? Thats an abrasive powder only meant for usage sometimes for ridding stains so I wouldnt reommend it. I used a black toothpaste that was coal based and that itself was abrasive. Be careful with your teeth, theyre delicate dude.

Behumble

Established
You can also try oil pulling and miswak sticks for dental health.

Apart from using charcoal for brushing teeth you can also put a small amount in your drink to detox your body.

Vixy

Star
Damn. Have two cavities but I have been sloppy with brushing since I'm so active and busy many times I just drop in bed. :oops: And two cavities for all this time is nothing compared to what I had. Used to come in every second year with 6.