2 members of 2 different bands died on Friday night

Stephania

Star
A member of Gang of Four, and a member of Dirty Rotten Imbeciles.
Thoughts?

Stephania

Star

Ironically, this DRI news.. released the day after Gang of Four member passed.. had a work called 'Four of a Kind'.

Stephania

Star
The drummer of corrosion of conformity and the drummer of Cynic

Eta: also the drummer of Rush :eek:
I know about the drummer of Rush.. that wasn't this week.
Corrosion of Conformity?! I never heard about that. Not familiar with Cynic.. I will look them up. When did these deaths happen?
I'm a bit freaked out about the 2 deaths I mentioned on Friday night.. because on thread about dead celebrities on Island here I posted about Cobain and Baal Peor on Friday. (Https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/beer-commercial-featuring-tupac-bruce-lee-marilyn-monroe-stars-on-remote-island.7041/#post-267647) After I answered I actually prayed that no one else does this or succumbs to this.. then I woke up on Saturday morning to news of Gang of Four. Cobain when alive had said that basically, he ripped them off. WTF?
Then today.. it's released that a member of DRI passed on Friday too.. cause of death 'unknown' but they are best known for work '4 of a Kind'. Double WTF.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
2020 has been off to a weird start.
Losing all these talented people in music, sports.
Chiefs win the super bowl in like 50 years.

Any significance to the #50?

Other tidbits. New decade.
Consider all that started the year with Iran, impeachment trials etc.

Something is up.

Sunshine

Established
So aging rock musicians die and it freaks you out? Um, not to sound uncaring, but seeing as how they all probably spent more of their lives on booze and drugs than off them, how is it surprising? People die everday, for a multitude of reasons, no need for a conspiracy. If four accountants died on the same day, would that freak anyone out? Unless they all worked for the same firm, it wouldn't even be news worthy.

Stephania

Star
So aging rock musicians die and it freaks you out? Um, not to sound uncaring, but seeing as how they all probably spent more of their lives on booze and drugs than off them, how is it surprising? People die everday, for a multitude of reasons, no need for a conspiracy. If four accountants died on the same day, would that freak anyone out? Unless they all worked for the same firm, it wouldn't even be news worthy.
The member of DRI was 53. That is really not that 'old'. And I wasn't freaking out the way you put it in a gaslightingly I am crazy kind of way. Merely stating the facts and feeling. Why are you even in this forum if you don't understand why I would bring this up? We all know they do sacrifices.
I find your response condescending and ridiculous.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
DRI had a much bigger influence on modern rock music than most people likely know about. And Gang Of Four was sort of like an edgier Talking Heads eh? Very politically sharp music that we could still dance to......

Stephania

Star
DRI had a much bigger influence on modern rock music than most people likely know about. And Gang Of Four was sort of like an edgier Talking Heads eh? Very politically sharp music that we could still dance to......
TBH.. I never really listened to them before. But I've seen their influence on music.. and after all of this I did some research. They were definitely on the 'better side' of the music scene. And strange that I saw that DRI has a song called '4 of a kind' and they both passed on the same night. I will give them both a better listen soon.