13 siblings found tied and starved- Dad gets his own school. MK?

Vixy

Star
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/us/siblings-captive-california.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=1&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/us/siblings-captive-california.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

Mom looks psycho and dad is a Gerard Depardieau lookalike. Nice!

"A 17-year old girl who said she was being held captive by her parents in her home in Perris, Calif., escaped on Sunday and alerted the authorities, who then rescued her 12 siblings — several of whom were found shackled to their beds — the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department reported on Monday.

The 17-year-old, who escaped from the house early Sunday, used a phone she found in the home to call the police with her startling claim about her siblings being held against their will, the police said. Officers found the girl’s 12 siblings — who range from ages 2 to 29 — in the foul-smelling house, living in the dark without access to adequate food or water, the authorities said.

Some of the children were restrained with chains and padlocks. “The parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

The officers did not immediately recognize that seven of the 13 siblings were adults because they were so malnourished. The sheriff’s office said that the 17-year-old girl who called 911 looked to be 10 years old.

Their parents, David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, were both arrested on charges of torture and child endangerment. They were being held in jail with bail set at $9 million each, the authorities said.

The sheriff’s office did not say how long the siblings may have been held captive.

Sheriff’s deputies provided food and water to the siblings, who were later transported to hospitals for treatment. Their conditions were not released."

Source: New york times

First page on NYpost today: https://nypost.com/2018/01/15/parents-arrested-after-cops-find-12-siblings-shackled-to-beds/

So, I'm thinking if they held their own children like prisoners and is being rewarded with their own school where the father would be a principal, could this lean towards MK?

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I read about this. How tragic and disgusting. Pretty sure there are checks and balances specifically because of this sort of stuff. Like if it's on public record you have a child. But the child is never seen, that kind of raises a red flag. And these people had 13 children locked away! Not in the middle of nowhere either.

Who's Gerard Depardieau?

So, I'm thinking if they held their own children like prisoners and is being rewarded with their own school where the father would be a principal, could this lean towards MK?
What's that even mean?

Vixy

Star
Hey Aero! :)

Gerard Depardieau:

Don't really understand your other question.

Aero

Superstar
Lol that explains a lot

I'm not going to quote it again. What are you talking about with that school principal shit? Who's getting rewarded, and how? Because all I see in their future is jail time.

Thunderian

Superstar
Found it in the article.

California records show that Mr. Turpin had received state approval to run a private school, the Sandcastle Day School, at his home in Perris. The school enrolled six students this year, in grades sixth through 12th, and Mr. Turpin was listed as the principal.​

Vixy

Star
Found it in the article.

California records show that Mr. Turpin had received state approval to run a private school, the Sandcastle Day School, at his home in Perris. The school enrolled six students this year, in grades sixth through 12th, and Mr. Turpin was listed as the principal.​
Thank you for digging a bit and finding it. People sem to want everything served and can't seem to goole for themselves anymore. :/
I thought it was really strange that someone like him was put as a principle. Not sure this is about mk, so am asking you guys.

SkepticCat

Veteran
Not MK, this entire story is fake - fake news. It's a very transparent ploy to dissuade from homeschooling.

Vixy

Star
Shit. You know, we had a whole family that was killed by the father in a so called mercy killing bc of ill children and wife. They were homeschooled and the media kind of nagged about it. It happened a couple of days ago. Highly educated parents.

Aero

Superstar
What? Everything is fake I guess....Wow

This is exactly the type of cult shit that we talk about here all the time. So what the hell? Here is a case of a obvious cult leader imposing their will upon some children. Real torture too, not a bunch of psychological shit.

I'll take a guess and assume Christians get annoyed when one of their own commits some God awful acts. I've heard their Christian faith propelled them to have so many children. And you know what's a good way to get more financial support? Let your children go outside, and get fucking jobs. The end.

AMK

Rookie
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/us/siblings-captive-california.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=1&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/us/siblings-captive-california.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

"A 17-year old girl who said she was being held captive by her parents in her home in Perris, Calif., escaped on Sunday and alerted the authorities, who then rescued her 12 siblings — several of whom were found shackled to their beds — the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department reported on Monday.

The 17-year-old, who escaped from the house early Sunday, used a phone she found in the home to call the police with her startling claim about her siblings being held against their will, the police said. Officers found the girl’s 12 siblings — who range from ages 2 to 29 — in the foul-smelling house, living in the dark without access to adequate food or water, the authorities said.

Some of the children were restrained with chains and padlocks. “The parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner,” the Riverside County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

The officers did not immediately recognize that seven of the 13 siblings were adults because they were so malnourished. The sheriff’s office said that the 17-year-old girl who called 911 looked to be 10 years old.

Their parents, David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, were both arrested on charges of torture and child endangerment. They were being held in jail with bail set at $9 million each, the authorities said.

The sheriff’s office did not say how long the siblings may have been held captive.

Sheriff’s deputies provided food and water to the siblings, who were later transported to hospitals for treatment. Their conditions were not released."

Source: New york times

First page on NYpost today: https://nypost.com/2018/01/15/parents-arrested-after-cops-find-12-siblings-shackled-to-beds/

Not sure if MK is involved, but they really seemed to like Disneyland and there are some links between the two.

Aero

Superstar
From what I understand these kids were so traumatized they haven't even been able to give statements to authorities. They ate like once a day, and were only allowed to shower once a year. Of course this story may evolve more, but this is how it's looking right now.

I've read some psychological profiles into the parents, but I think they are all very general. So I will enlighten you all. It's called compulsive hoarding. It's an offshoot of obsessive compulsive disorder. I've seen cases where people hoard pet animals, and I think it's pretty clear these parents were hoarding children.

Hoarding disorders always start off kind of small. Like yeah some of us are pretty damn obsessive, we may be borderline. But usually some major loss occurs in the hoarders life. And the symptoms start to become extreme psychosis. Total detachment from reality. I've seen hoarders claim they love their pets. As they let them die one by one in a shit filled house.

Vixy

Star
What? Everything is fake I guess....Wow

This is exactly the type of cult shit that we talk about here all the time. So what the hell? Here is a case of a obvious cult leader imposing their will upon some children. Real torture too, not a bunch of psychological shit.

I'll take a guess and assume Christians get annoyed when one of their own commits some God awful acts. I've heard their Christian faith propelled them to have so many children. And you know what's a good way to get more financial support? Let your children go outside, and get fucking jobs. The end.
Nono. Not a christian thing. In my church they have two kids at most. Tops three.

Child hoarding.. :'(

Then again psycosis has gotten sooo common. I seriously know ten people with it amd some of them you cant understand what they say. :'(

Aero

Superstar
Nono. Not a christian thing. In my church they have two kids at most. Tops three.

Child hoarding.. :'(

Then again psycosis has gotten sooo common. I seriously know ten people with it amd some of them you cant understand what they say. :'(
Are you sure it's not a Christian thing? Aren't these the type who want to ban birth control?

Maybe that's mostly a Catholic thing. But the silence of most of the pro lifers is interesting to me. There's been an outpouring of support in this case, but silence from the religious folks and pro lifers. Does a pro lifer care if a child is beaten for washing their hands?

Vixy

Star
Think that's catholic, yeah. Christians doesn't mind birthcontrol. :)

Have no idea about pro lifers, dude.

justjess

Superstar
There are a lot of christian denominations that oppose birth control.. that whole hobby lobby thjng comes to mind immediately. They werent catholic. If christians didnt oppose birth control why fight against the birth control mandate?

This wasnt about christian or birth control tho.. these were just two sick psycho fucks using whatever to justify their sadism.

rainerann

Star
I think this just sounds awful. I have only briefly looked at this, but in most cases where child abuse is accused, it is usually true more often than not. Unfortunately, children don't often slander people the way adults do in order to gain something from this. If the children are described as they are, then it is horrible to hear someone is doing something like this, period.

However, I think we need to be careful in speculating the cause of this. That is what seems to happen in cases like this. People get carried away with why this happens and form extreme conclusions. Homeschooling is bad. Another person says this doesn't mean homeschooling is bad. A debate is carried out over the merits of homeschooling and no one walks away understanding how to identify the signs of abuse any more than they did before this. They are distracted.

It is hard to say for sure why people have a hard time facing things like this. I would initially say fear and because people don't like facing abuse. They like arguing over homeschool and whether or not homeschoolers are good people or controlling people. This is something that gives them a sense of control. Facing abuse puts you at risk of abuse and so many people will avoid this in whatever way possible even if it means the child suffers because of this. I know this from experience.

At the end of the day, we have to be able to identify the root of the problem. If you can find the root of the problem, you can do something about it.

Aero

Superstar
The narrative is out there, but I don't see this turning into an issue about homeschooling. Their actions can be described as sadistic, but these aren't two sadists who committed these crimes. Does a Sadist abuse their 13 kids but have two perfectly healthy dogs? That makes no sense. Psycho can mean a lot of things, so it's like I said before. These are compulsive hoarders where the disease has progressed a long way. Their children came to represent some other repressed memory. Or symbol, but it's probably a memory. Then they doubled down on the repression.

They wont even be able to explain why they repressed their own children. It's probably another bullshit financial sob story. You know? Was it the kids fault they had to declare bankruptcy? Probably not because they had 3 cars in the driveway, and I'm guessing more cars in the 2 car garage.