10 Types Of Emotional Manipulation

Etagloc

Superstar
It would be crazy to try to think of God as one of us. We are mere humans. God is our creator and God knows everything while we know very little. Does a pot question the potter? We don't know the answers and if we rebel against God then we are of the devil. God might be mysterious but that doesn't mean we can follow the devil. Besides- if we are to choose between God and the devil- it is not the devil who cares about us! The devil is behind rapes and murders and child abuse. If we pick the devil over God then we are wicked ourselves.

It would be a supreme arrogance for us to dare try to judge God. That is the path to hell. God wants us to go to heaven and can we really expect God to let devilish people into heaven? If God let the devils' followers into heaven then it wouldn't be heaven anymore. Look what the devils' followers have done here on earth! It is not God who has made the earth full of suffering! God gave us free will and it is not God's fault that we chose to misuse it. Should we not have free will? Was God wrong to make us free and not to make us a race of robots?

If anyone wants to follow the devil into hell that's their decision. What if God finally speaks and explains why there was suffering and God has a perfectly good explanation for the problem of evil? Then the ones who go to hell will have gone to hell needlessly when they could have gone to heaven. Th devil was not rebelling against injustice- his rebellion was out of arrogance and he might talk about justice to try to seduce people into following him but his real reason is arrogance and he is a liar.

It is our decisions as humans that have made the world full of suffering. And how would God test us without adversity? It is adversity that tests character. Anyone can behave well in good times.

And if suffering is so strong an argument against God then why is it that the poorest and those who suffer the most tend to be the richest in faith? The first shall be last and the last shall be first. And what do our brief lives measure with eternity?

JoChris

Superstar
Sometimes, I think that God is playing His games to us.
Just like Jigsaw playing his victims in "Saw" movies.

How could He be silent toward the suffering of paralyzed man for 38 years in the pool of Bethesda story?

If we, humans, ignore the paralyzed man's sufferings, we could be regarded as cruel by religious Christians.
But, if God (seemingly) ignores him, He is free of any Christian accusations. "Wait for God's timing", they say.

God always wins, eh?
When we're hurting it is very easy to think like that. We humans don't have the whole picture though.

Tatilina

Star
Sometimes, I think that God is playing His games to us.
Just like Jigsaw playing his victims in "Saw" movies.

How could He be silent toward the suffering of paralyzed man for 38 years in the pool of Bethesda story?

If we, humans, ignore the paralyzed man's sufferings, we could be regarded as cruel by religious Christians.
But, if God (seemingly) ignores him, He is free of any Christian accusations. "Wait for God's timing", they say.

God always wins, eh?
I used to think that way too, but not anymore. I don't see it as God's doing. Yeah I get where you're coming from on why it can take God so long to act or not intervene at all. I don't know myself, not sure if we ever will.

JoChris

Superstar
It wouldn't surprise me, but I'll never know though. Not that I want to know.
The other extreme is far worse. We girls were told at the beginning by her that she was having an affair, how in love she was with him, how she wishes our father was like this man. I was 29 at that stage.

Because we were grownups she seemed to believe we were mature enough to process it, we wouldn't take sides etc. Incredible that a mother wants to use her children as her sounding board to justify her adultery isn't it?

Tatilina

Star
The other extreme is far worse. We girls were told at the beginning by her that she was having an affair, how in love she was with him, how she wishes our father was like this man. I was 29 at that stage.

Because we were grownups she seemed to believe we were mature enough to process it, we wouldn't take sides etc. Incredible that a mother wants to use her children as her sounding board to justify her adultery isn't it?
My mom and dad are still married, but they hate each other. They're always fighting and arguing, bringing up the past and using it against each other. The things they would say about each other to me was really sucky. My dad works out of town, so he's gone for weeks sometimes up to a month at a time. He lives in his own house up north and my mom lives by herself here in my city with the spawn of satan sister who terrorizes my mom. My dad has never supported my mom even when both of her parents passed away. My mom had to raise us by herself. My mom had been fighting with my dad because after work he wouldn't come home and he would never stay home. He would come home to sleep, shower, get dressed and leave. My mom would plead with him to stay home and have some family quality time together, she wouldsuggest going to tje park, maybe a picnic and fly some kites, takes us swimmimg or go to the zoo.....he wasn't having it. Going out with his friends was more important and we always knew that's what he was doing cause we lived in a small town and you know how word gets around. I remember one night when I was about twelve years old, my room was like 10 steps from my room just down the hall. It was about 2 am in the morning and Coukd hear her sobbing, you know the sob where you cry so hard that you can hear the deep pain in her weeping. I heard her take out somethinh from her nightstand which sound like a pill bottle and then I could hear her writing something down on a piece of paper. She got up and went downstairs and got a glass of water. She went back to her room and closed the door. I got up quietly and tippy toed down the hall because I could sense something wasn't right. I put my ear to the door and could hear her emptying pills from the pill bottle. I could hear her taking big gulps of water. I trief to open the door, but she locked it. I said mom are you okay! And her weak shakey voice she told me to get to bed. I asked her to open the door and she told me no go back to bed. I said I just want to know why you're crying. She yelled at me to get back to my riom and stay there. Well I did just that. I got no sleep that night because my mother cried like I never heard her cry like that. Finally around 5 am I heard silence. I had to find a quetip to open the door the next morning, I was going to call an ambulance but she was breathing shallow breaths and was out of it for the entire day. She hasn't been the same since. She used to take pride in cooking and baking, writiingbletters and sending out Christmas cards, putting up the tree and make really great dinners, but after that night she stopped doing all
Of that. No more hugs, no more I live yous, nothing. That night, even though did not physically did, a very loving and caring part of her died tjat night and she has never been the same since. I lost my mother that night. She won't ever say I love you to anyone of us, she won't give hugs either. Last time my mom told be she loved me and hugged me was a week before that night.

Tatilina

Star
Lol even my hubby never says I love you unless I say it first, he'll say it like yeah love you too and that's it.
I don't believe love exists anymore.

JoChris

Superstar
My mom and dad are still married, but they hate each other. They're always fighting and arguing, bringing up the past and using it against each other. The things they would say about each other to me was really sucky. My dad works out of town, so he's gone for weeks sometimes up to a month at a time. He lives in his own house up north and my mom lives by herself here in my city with the spawn of satan sister who terrorizes my mom. My dad has never supported my mom even when both of her parents passed away. My mom had to raise us by herself. My mom had been fighting with my dad because after work he wouldn't come home and he would never stay home. He would come home to sleep, shower, get dressed and leave. My mom would plead with him to stay home and have some family quality time together, she wouldsuggest going to tje park, maybe a picnic and fly some kites, takes us swimmimg or go to the zoo.....he wasn't having it. Going out with his friends was more important and we always knew that's what he was doing cause we lived in a small town and you know how word gets around. I remember one night when I was about twelve years old, my room was like 10 steps from my room just down the hall. It was about 2 am in the morning and Coukd hear her sobbing, you know the sob where you cry so hard that you can hear the deep pain in her weeping. I heard her take out somethinh from her nightstand which sound like a pill bottle and then I could hear her writing something down on a piece of paper. She got up and went downstairs and got a glass of water. She went back to her room and closed the door. I got up quietly and tippy toed down the hall because I could sense something wasn't right. I put my ear to the door and could hear her emptying pills from the pill bottle. I could hear her taking big gulps of water. I trief to open the door, but she locked it. I said mom are you okay! And her weak shakey voice she told me to get to bed. I asked her to open the door and she told me no go back to bed. I said I just want to know why you're crying. She yelled at me to get back to my riom and stay there. Well I did just that. I got no sleep that night because my mother cried like I never heard her cry like that. Finally around 5 am I heard silence. I had to find a quetip to open the door the next morning, I was going to call an ambulance but she was breathing shallow breaths and was out of it for the entire day. She hasn't been the same since. She used to take pride in cooking and baking, writiingbletters and sending out Christmas cards, putting up the tree and make really great dinners, but after that night she stopped doing all
Of that. No more hugs, no more I live yous, nothing. That night, even though did not physically did, a very loving and caring part of her died tjat night and she has never been the same since. I lost my mother that night. She won't ever say I love you to anyone of us, she won't give hugs either. Last time my mom told be she loved me and hugged me was a week before that night.
And from that day you didn't have a mother. You knew that deep down. Spiritually orphaned. You had to look after yourself and you did. Give yourself a HUGE amount of credit that you got this far. :)

The age gaps between my 3 siblings and I are large. I am the oldest. 2 years my first younger sister, 8 years my second younger sister, 14 years my only brother.

The mother my sister and I got was very different to the one my younger siblings got. I also heard my mother beg for them to get counselling, they needed to work things out. My father refused, saying she just needed to accept him how he was. (He claims she wanted to change him.) I know part of her wanted to make the marriage work. However by the time my brother was born my father was permanently sleeping on the couch.

They would not accept each others' differences. She kept a mental record of all his faults, failures and shortcomings and made sure we were aware of them. She tried to manipulate me into agreeing with her that he was a bad father. For me he wasn't.... we have a similar temperament and personality.

A household simmering with constant tension and confusion about what might start her ranting again.

JoChris

Superstar
Lol even my hubby never says I love you unless I say it first, he'll say it like yeah love you too and that's it.
I don't believe love exists anymore.
Men. They never say "I love you" spontaneously. Remember male actors on soapies get paid to say those lines. It would be interesting to compare what they say to their real-life partner/s compared to their script.

My husband does things for me instead. That's his way of saying I love you.