10 Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
With all due respect, that doesn't make any sense to me. I'm just amazed how people do NOT see the similarities between Christianity and Islam and reject the whole possibility of both these religions to be true. I personally enjoy reading both OT, NT, and Quran and I'm always amazed that reading and considering all these three together, regardless of differences we find, helps to understand the other ones better. I understand there are profound differences, but I just can't accept that the God of Christianity or the God of Jews is not the same God of Islam. How can people focus on specific verses and actions and not see the whole perspective is just beyond me. I'm not saying we have to ignore the differences, but I just don't draw a line as soon as I see some specific contrasts. I did not have a chance to read all the OT, NT or Quran yet, and I could possibly wrong, but the more I try, the more I see the kinship amongst these beliefs.
As I understand it then, you would have more sympathy with the Pope's outlook...

Al Gore famously coined the phrase "An inconvenient truth". Perhaps in all this interreligious dialogue, the elephant in the room is the inconvenient truth Jesus lays claim to.

John 14

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

vigilante71

Established
As I understand it then, you would have more sympathy with the Pope's outlook...

Al Gore famously coined the phrase "An inconvenient truth". Perhaps in all this interreligious dialogue, the elephant in the room is the inconvenient truth Jesus lays claim to.

John 14

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Yes. I don't necessarily believe in all religions, but I do respect people and their beliefs until I find a reason not to. But specifically about Abrahamic religions, I consider them all of the same origin. Just like there are Shia and Sunni beliefs in Islam, and the followers of one respect the followers of the other, I think the origins of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are close, despite the differences.

what is the difference between your: "God Manifested in the flesh" and the Hindu "God Manifested in the flesh" ???
Because the Hindu “gods” are NOT truly from Almighty God.

This is evident because they represent NONE of God’s characteristics.

This is how we know the God of the Holy Bible is the one true God.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY manifestation of God in flesh on this earth.

He is the ONLY one Who lived His life completely free of any sin. (Holy, righteous)

He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies of His coming.

He was born of a virgin, which proves He was not conceived by man (NOBODY ELSE has EVER done this but Jesus Christ), but is divine.

He exemplifies ALL the characteristics of God.

He laid down His human life to pay for OUR sins with His own righteousness to save us from the Hell we deserve, then raised up His body from the dead, to prove that God will likewise raise US up as well.

ONLY He did that.

This shows how God genuinely loves us & cares for us.

It is only through trusting Jesus goodness that saves our soul.

Without Jesus we CANNOT go to the Father. Jesus IS the ONLY WAY.

That is the Way GOD gave us for salvation & if we want to enter God’s Kingdom of Heaven, we MUST go the Way God commands....through Jesus Christ.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Yes. I don't necessarily believe in all religions, but I do respect people and their beliefs until I find a reason not to. But specifically about Abrahamic religions, I consider them all of the same origin. Just like there are Shia and Sunni beliefs in Islam, and the followers of one respect the followers of the other, I think the origins of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are close, despite the differences.
I like to think of it as "oneism" and "twoism".

Is God distinct and separate from his creation or is everything that is "god".

This is the split of Abrahamic vs eastern style faith.

Within the idea that God is distinct and separate, "who" God is is not agreed upon. The idea that God is an absolute being with various unique attributes may give the impression that we are aiming in the same direction, but when religions claim contradictory aspects about Him (her?) then they can't all be right (though logically they may all be wrong).

For the sake of argument, assuming that the west needed to adopt a singular spiritual system in order to improve conditions, if I had to choose between Hinduism or Islam as viable alternatives, I would choose Hinduism every day of the week. People in India have a long-standing history and culture that does not seek to conquer, provoke war, or create oppression. They have a long history of showing respect towards women without having to seek revolution. Hindu people are gentle, pleasant and more often than not, non-aggressive. They place high value on education, family, and taking care of the elderly. Everything that a society needs to be successful. It is no wonder that they have had such long-standing success as a culture.

The history of their culture is a testament to what we should do to create longevity. Islam does not in any way create a viable solution when you consider that alternatives like Hinduism exist. Islam is an oppressive tyrannical system and the people of India have my respect for retaining their culture in the face of Islam attempting to conquer and convert their country to become Islamic. What a great loss this would have been to the world.
If I had to choose between just those Two, I’d choose Islam any day, because Hinduism is wicked.

I couldn’t bow to their statues of 4 armed blue men with long hair looking like Gene Simmons with a necklace made of heads.....

Not happening.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I meant came back but as a first time, not second coming as prophesied.
Would we be able to save him from the cross with our following in numbers power.
Chances are, you or I would be in the crowd that was baying for His blood, chanting "Crucify Him", and that is a terrifying thought. You only need to revisit the trial & sentencing scenes. (Matthew 27)
The Jewish nation's rejection of Christ isn't something that happened
overnight. Translating that to our time, as the epoch for the first advent, you'd have the well-known/most respected religious leaders, foremost in demanding the political establishment get rid of Him. Its unthinkable but it happened. There is a precedent. Surely, the religious hierarchy that was well versed in the prophecies couldn't
get things wrong, right?

The first advent was wrapped up in misconceptions by the religious
elite, hence leading to His rejection and the same thing is/has been
done by our religious elite in regard to the Second advent. Where is
Hollywood getting these ideas from?

So imagine 500BC-1st century cinema....umm...theater posters in
Jerusalem's streets...unfortunately, that's not how things played out.

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
The question goes to the heart of the way you view God.

Is greatness diluted by closeness or humility? Is the father who is President of a country made somehow less because he pretends to be a horse for his little child to ride when he gets home and takes his tie off?

In the same way, is the greatness and holiness of God in his transcendence truly contradicted by Jesus, in his imminence.

I love these words from Hebrews 4

14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Great reply, Red Sky! The thing is, however, when I read ''Jesus the Son of God'', the only image that comes to my mind is that of a Giant Jesus communing sexually with The Virgin Mary, with all due respect, and that, dear Sir, disturbs my heart greatly.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Great reply, Red Sky! The thing is, however, when I read ''Jesus the Son of God'', the only image that comes to my mind is that of a Giant Jesus communing sexually with The Virgin Mary, with all due respect, and that, dear Sir, disturbs my heart greatly.
If I had been brought up with an Islamic understanding of the Bible, I would doubtless have the same set of reservations, and I acknowledge the whole concept of God entering our world in the form of a frail human being is certainly a bold claim (but one on which the whole concept of the Gospel is based).

vigilante71

Established
Within the idea that God is distinct and separate, "who" God is is not agreed upon. The idea that God is an absolute being with various unique attributes may give the impression that we are aiming in the same direction, but when religions claim contradictory aspects about Him (her?) then they can't all be right (though logically they may all be wrong).
I can see your logic. But I don't think the God of Christianity and Allah are contradictory. The only contradiction lies within the identity of Christ ( If he is God, the son of God or just a messenger of God). I'm just saying that If we read both Quran and NT and get the whole perspective and history of these two religions, just because some verses in NT say that Jesus Christ is God or son of God, and Quran says he was nothing more than a messenger, a whole lot of bad generalization is needed to say that Islam is utterly separated from Christianity and Muslims worship another God. I consider these conflicts the result of misinterpretation myself, because to me the Trinity does not make sense either, but that is just my opinion.
If I was a Christian and met a group of people believing in my religion and some more (Like Muslims do) I would have liked to know what that group of people have to say (but a lot of Christians are just unwilling to consider this). I believe the same about Muslims because the NT helped me understand Quran better.

Get your mind out of the gutter, yannick! ;)
Also, nobody knows what Jesus really looked like. But from the Bible we can deduce that He did NOT have long hair(as the RCC depicts), wore pants & not a dress, probably had brown eyes instead of blue, & was not an astonishingly handsome looking man.

He was very ordinary looking.

But friend, you must realize that Christ is part of the Godhead, which is the Father , Word & Holy Ghost, and these three are ONE.

When I die, my Spirit leaves my body. Separated upon death, but currently one. Is my spirit *less* me because it has left my body?

Is my body not still me once my spirit has departed?

cfowen

Established
Jesus Christ was the Creator of All. He was also Jehovah. His creation (pro) includes Etagloc and Etagloc's god of this world. The Bible is the only source of guaranteed truth on the planet. Any information concerning deity from any other source is totally worthless. Christianity is the only true religion on the planet.

yiksmes

Established
Chances are, you or I would be in the crowd that was baying for His blood, chanting "Crucify Him", and that is a terrifying thought. You only need to revisit the trial & sentencing scenes. (Matthew 27)
A terrifying thought indeed but if i was "me" then it's a 50/50 chance of chanting that with the crowd.

Eh, but probably no point even trying to imagine what would happen, i wasn't there.

elsbet

Superstar
If you were God, Being All-Powerful, The Most Perfect, The Over-Perfect, The Undescribable, The One With No Beginning Nor End, would you *abase***

abase

əˈbeɪs/

verb

1. behave in a way that belittles or degrades (someone).
    "I watched my colleagues abasing themselves before the board of trustees"
  2. synonyms:humble, humiliate, belittle, demean, lower, degrade, disgrace, disparage, debase, cheapen, discredit, mortify, bring low, demote, reduce
yourself to the level of beings that are nothing in comparison to you?

*Remember*** God Always Existed. Can you even comprehend such a Being? Or can you only believe and just accept His Existence without seeking to understand how He Happens to Exist just like that? If we cannot explain His Existence, then how can we suppose that He Reduces His Already Perfect Self to our feeble selves which are subject to impurities, needs, and desires that are oh so shameful when you reflect humbly?
You correctly say we cannot comprehend the mind of God... then set boundaries for Him based on your own (admittedly feeble!) understanding-- you claim to comprehend Him, yourself. :)

For not My thoughts [are] your thoughts,
Nor your ways My ways,
— an affirmation of Jehovah,

For high have the heavens been above the earth, So high have been My ways above your ways, And My thoughts above your thoughts.

ISAIAH 55:8

@friend

To answer your first question from post #126:

1. No. Adam was NOT superior to Jesus. Adam was the first man, yes, but he was CREATED by God. Jesus was not created, He always was.

He tells us this directly as He is speaking to the Jews:

John 8:
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, “ Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

cfowen

Established
N
Prophets before Jesus like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron worshiped One True God who had no son or daughter or parents or partners and this is the fact that proves verses in the Bible were altered to change One God to multiple gods. And it was done 200 years after jesus (blessings and peace be upon him) at the council of Niceae under the presiding roman emperor Constantine who was a pagan and believed that sun was god. Constantine fovoured the view of trinity instead of Monotheism.
NO ONE was before Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The Jewish nation's rejection of Christ isn't something that happened
overnight. Translating that to our time, as the epoch for the first advent, you'd have the well-known/most respected religious leaders, foremost in demanding the political establishment get rid of Him. Its unthinkable but it happened. There is a precedent. Surely, the religious hierarchy that was well versed in the prophecies couldn't
get things wrong, right?

The first advent was wrapped up in misconceptions by the religious
elite, hence leading to His rejection and the same thing is/has been
done by our religious elite in regard to the Second advent. Where is
Hollywood getting these ideas from?

So imagine 500BC-1st century cinema....umm...theater posters in
Jerusalem's streets...unfortunately, that's not how things played out.
Interesting...

I watched The Leftovers series from HBO - predictive programming for an event they don't believe in?