10 Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God!

TokiEl

Superstar
So it's alright to address god as "brother" when you pray?

Because in John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Or are those "brothers" gods too?:)

Yes it's alright.

Etagloc

Superstar
And even if we don't, at least our guilty conscience won't eat us alive, we be happy with ourselves that we are morally strong.. - Thats why them psychos are crazy, they tired of coming up with new excuses for their actions, so their guilty consciousness drives them insane so much they shut themselves off from their own mind trying to count to 100 backwards or what ever practice they do...
This explains a lot. I don't envy people who make denial and self-deception a way of life.

What's wrong with believing that we all are sons and daughters of god?

We know that god created all things, earth, moon, rocks, stars, ocean - everything nature.
And spiritually we are all connected.
We all share some sort of same energy from one creator.
If all species became humans, then we would all be brothers and sisters or sons and daughters. We are all from the same source. We just different creations of one creator.

In my understanding our creator sent us many messengers with instructions on whats bad and whats good.

Was there ever a god's messenger that actually had an easy life? Someone who didn't go through hardship and hard betrayal from people while preaching the word of god? Please name one messenger that didn't go through hell on earth because of us people/followers. If there were than it would be very interesting to know who. - So pls do tell =)

But the message i get from all this and our life is that:

If in this physical life you choose to be an Angel - your journey is the biggest hell on earth, you will be treated badly by people.
The more pious you are, the more hardship you gonna get. There's also a high risk of "luck" not being on your side in this lifetime.
And being a messenger of god is no exception.

Aint that the message to us?

And the more evil and immoral you are or mr/mrs don't care about anythings have it pretty easy and pretty lucky in that!

The life is not a walk in a park, it's a test!

Thats why good people suffer and evil people are high on life chillin' relaxin' not giving a care about you. They come first, their entertainment is at your suffering expense.

At the end of the day, if we make it through and don't become one of the evil we will get a satisfactory reward that is more beneficial than any elite Centillionaire (that's 303 0's short scale:p)

And even if we don't, at least our guilty conscience won't eat us alive, we be happy with ourselves that we are morally strong.. - Thats why them psychos are crazy, they tired of coming up with new excuses for their actions, so their guilty consciousness drives them insane so much they shut themselves off from their own mind trying to count to 100 backwards or what ever practice they do...
This is exactly my thoughts as well, which explains why God lets bad things happen ( a common athiest topic), this world was created to test our souls, this is why he gave us free will! He is separating the good from the bad, we are being put through a spiritual sieve.

elsbet

Superstar
So it's alright to address god as "brother" when you pray?

Because in John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Or are those "brothers" gods too?:)
The brethren, literally.. as some folks here are fond of calling each other "brother this" or "sister that." Like Muslims and Baptists.

Baptists however do not generally believe in the deity of their pew-mates.

Etagloc

Superstar
This is exactly my thoughts as well, which explains why God lets bad things happen ( a common athiest topic), this world was created to test our souls, this is why he gave us free will! He is separating the good from the bad, we are being put through a spiritual sieve.
Brilliant post!

Etagloc

Superstar
It simply does not BEFIT Him to take on human or any form for that matter.
That is why to me.... God having a son.....

to me that's like talking about God buying auto insurance.... God wearing a particular kind of pants.... God going to a rock concert.....

I remember the movie Bruce Almighty. God was played by a human. I miss those days- my friend's mom deliberately boycotted the movie because she thought it was blasphemous. The concept of God walking around in human form... I could see that having a place in some sort of ancient mythology- but it doesn't make sense. Calling it "the incarnation," "a mystery" or using other fancy language doesn't change that.

We don't need to attempt to bring God down to our level. We don't need to worship a human. The idea that we need to worship a human as God- that to me baffling. That urge I find baffling. The concept that there is no God but God- I don't see how people find that so difficult.

yannick

Veteran
That is why to me.... God having a son.....

to me that's like talking about God buying auto insurance.... God wearing a particular kind of pants.... God going to a rock concert.....

I remember the movie Bruce Almighty. God was played by a human. I miss those days- my friend's mom deliberately boycotted the movie because she thought it was blasphemous. The concept of God walking around in human form... I could see that having a place in some sort of ancient mythology- but it doesn't make sense. Calling it "the incarnation," "a mystery" or using other fancy language doesn't change that.

We don't need to attempt to bring God down to our level. We don't need to worship a human. The idea that we need to worship a human as God- that to me baffling. That urge I find baffling. The concept that there is no God but God- I don't see how people find that so difficult.
Thank you, Comrade Colgate. Exactly, is it so hard to just believe that He Is Watching me wherever I may find myself? *confused***

yiksmes

Established
The brethren, literally.. as some folks here are fond of calling each other "brother this" or "sister that." Like Muslims and Baptists.

Baptists however do not generally believe in the deity of their pew-mates.
But us folks are all the same.

But according to people who believe that Jesus was god, - Jesus was god and the rest were us folks who are all the same..
If he was not a messenger of god, than he is the god, the father. He talked as a baby even. Even by the logic that some people claim he sometimes was father sometimes spirit sometimes god when trying to prove him and trinity. - He still taught what Moses taught. If he taught to pray to him (Jesus), than he would address his students not as brothers but as sons. No? - If hes a creator, than he created us so therefore we not brethren but sons.

This is my opinion and my understanding. Not meaning to impose - just how i understand it.

Aero

Superstar
I think that God is inside of Jesus. And the same is true for every human. That doesn't technically make us all Gods though. Of course I tend to view these sort of things from the perspective of Gnosticism.

I also agree that it doesn't make sense for God to actually live in a human body. God is a spirit... Spirits can do like anything already

elsbet

Superstar
A question to a question????o_O
- Yes really!

Some hint at me that i'm not being genuine for asking questions?
Yup
And the suggestion of "BrotherGod" because everyone is a god.. -.-
It is nicer here when we don't insult each other's intelligence.

The evidence speaks for itself!
I'm watching the video, but I had to pause it so I can refute the points individually....

10. "Jesus is not God because God is everlasting"..........I agree that God is indeed everlasting. He has ALWAYS existed, and always will. So Has Jesus, Who was, is & always will be the very WORD of God:

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So that means that Jesus (THE WORD of God), was in the beginning, so let’s go back to Genesis:

Genesis 1:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

*Straight away, in verse 2, we see God, and the Spirit of God introduced.
**So right here, from the very beginning, we see that God literally SPOKE everything into existence. Notice how the Bible states over & over & over again—-God SAID, God CALLED, God “said”? This is emphasizing, repeatedly, that God’s literal, spoken WORDs have power....the power to Create, the power to give life.

Additionally, in Verse 26, God says “Let US...”. Who is “us”? That is plural. So far, we know that God has a (Holy) Spirit. But is that all of who He is talking to?......

..........AND.........

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We know this passage is speaking of Jesus, because John is introducing Jesus at the beginning of Christ’s ministry.

(Also, John 3:16 says Jesus is the “ONLY BEGOTTEN” Son of God.)

Since the Bible calls Jesus the “Word of God”, and says the “Word of God was MADE FLESH and dwelt among us”, we know that Jesus is the Very WORD of God “MADE FLESH” (manifest in human/bodily form.)

Additionally, a prophecy from the OT telling of the future coming of Jesus reads:

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”.....Isaiah 9:6

This is clearly speaking of Jesus FUTURE BIRTH; coming IN THE FLESH. He was ALWAYS the WORD of God, just not made FLESH YET ——until He was born bodily, in human form, yet it STILL calls Him “EVERLASTING “ before He was born bodily in this earth.

That is because Jesus, who IS THE VERY WORD of God, IS EVERLASTING——From Genesis through Revelation, even before & after.

God Bless.

TokiEl

Superstar
- He still taught what Moses taught. If he taught to pray to him (Jesus), than he would address his students not as brothers but as sons. No? - If hes a creator, than he created us so therefore we not brethren but sons.
A rose cannot understand the gardener.

So why do you try to figure out God ?

You will only end up with making Him in your image.

9. This didn’t lay out a specific statement, but to the best of my knowledge, He is basically saying ‘God is one, there is no other.’

Yes, there is ONLY ONE God. Agreed.

Christians only worship ONE GOD.

God has revealed Himself to man through His Word (which I covered in point 10).

The Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.

How is this possible? Because Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh.

He came forth FROM God the Father.

“I and my Father are one.”....
...John 10:30

Additionally, a prophecy from the OT telling of the future coming of Jesus reads:

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”.....Isaiah 9:6

This is clearly speaking of Jesus FUTURE BIRTH; coming IN THE FLESH. He was ALWAYS the WORD of God, just not made FLESH YET ——until He was born bodily, in human form, yet it STILL calls Him “EVERLASTING “ before He was born bodily in this earth.

That is because Jesus, who IS THE VERY WORD of God, IS EVERLASTING——From Genesis through Revelation, even before & after.

God Bless.
How is that talking about Jesus when he said not to call him father and that he didnt come to bring peace? The prophecy says the "child" would be called Father and Prince of peace....

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm watching the video, but I had to pause it so I can refute the points individually....

10. "Jesus is not God because God is everlasting"..........I agree that God is indeed everlasting. He has ALWAYS existed, and always will. So Has Jesus, Who was, is & always will be the very WORD of God:

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So that means that Jesus (THE WORD of God), was in the beginning, so let’s go back to Genesis:

Genesis 1:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

*Straight away, in verse 2, we see God, and the Spirit of God introduced.
**So right here, from the very beginning, we see that God literally SPOKE everything into existence. Notice how the Bible states over & over & over again—-God SAID, God CALLED, God “said”? This is emphasizing, repeatedly, that God’s literal, spoken WORDs have power....the power to Create, the power to give life.

Additionally, in Verse 26, God says “Let US...”. Who is “us”? That is plural. So far, we know that God has a (Holy) Spirit. But is that all of who He is talking to?......

..........AND.........

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We know this passage is speaking of Jesus, because John is introducing Jesus at the beginning of Christ’s ministry.

(Also, John 3:16 says Jesus is the “ONLY BEGOTTEN” Son of God.)

Since the Bible calls Jesus the “Word of God”, and says the “Word of God was MADE FLESH and dwelt among us”, we know that Jesus is the Very WORD of God “MADE FLESH” (manifest in human/bodily form.)

God Bless.
I, of course, do not agree with you. However, I mean no disrespect whatsoever to you. I respect you, as I respect all the real Christians.

So I respectfully disagree but certainly you are welcome to post your counter-arguments and explain your side as a Christian.

God Bless.