10 Biblical Reasons why Jesus Christ IS God

Bacsi

Star
And yes, saying that Jesus is God is a lie. He's not. It's like saying that Michael Jackson is a nebula. He certainly is not. And the king of pop isn't a galaxy. He's a man. So is Jesus, if he is truly a historic figure and not a legend.

Bacsi

Star
I agree with you that works are important, but our "works" are a symptom of who we are not the sum of it.

When someone is born again the change happens from the inside outwards. The problem is that much of the Church seems to take the view that sanctification and fruitfulness are not important, thus ignoring much of their Bibles that only see the light of day on a Sunday...

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not [a]imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Makes absolutely no sense to me. We're alive as spirit every second of our lives. This mythical "second birth" or "born-againness" has absolutely no manifestation in the actions of those who claim they've undergone it. Empty declarations. Show me your works, and I'll beleive that your spirit is alive and kicking. If you act like a devil and boast having a second birth, a divine nature bustling in you, I'll just laugh. Theory means nothing. Faith in nice sounding concepts means nothing. It's what you do that makes a difference.

Anyways, everybody has a spirit. It's a condition of being alive. No mystical rebirth required. It's a false teaching, which leads to the tragedy of hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Makes absolutely no sense to me. We're alive as spirit every second of our lives. This mythical "second birth" or "born-againness" has absolutely no manifestation in the actions of those who claim they've undergone it. Empty declarations. Show me your works, and I'll beleive that your spirit is alive and kicking. If you act like a devil and boast having a second birth, a divine nature bustling in you, I'll just laugh. Theory means nothing. Faith in nice sounding concepts means nothing. It's what you do that makes a difference.

But everybody has a spirit. It's a condition of being alive. No mystical rebirth required. It's a false teaching, which leads to the tragedy of hypocrisy.
The Lukewarm Church
14 “And to the [a]angel of the church [b]of the Laodiceans write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither [c]cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; andwhite garments, that you may be clothed, thatthe shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.[d] Therefore be [e]zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”

Bacsi

Star
The Lukewarm Church
14 “And to the [a]angel of the church [b]of the Laodiceans write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither [c]cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; andwhite garments, that you may be clothed, thatthe shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.[d] Therefore be [e]zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ”
Nice try. No. Hot church is same way. Burning with faith just makes people run in circles faster. Useless. The true godliness isn't in fervent beleiving. It's in simple actions. It's in firm stand on the objective truth. Not in adhering to a religion.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Bacsi

Matthew 13 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Sower

13 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Bacsi

Star
@Bacsi

Matthew 13 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Sower

13 On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2 And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”
Very elloquent. We the Kazakhs have many parables as well. I love the style of Jesus. It reminds of our shamanist symbolic stories very much. Wisdom in a metaphor. Powerful.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Bacsi

Part 2...

Matthew 13

The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower:19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

Bacsi

Star
@Bacsi

Part 2...

Matthew 13

The Parable of the Sower Explained

18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower:19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
Too bad nobody till this day understood and followed Jesus... Humanity wasn't ready, no good soil. Otherwise we'd live in a totally different society!

Lev Tolstoi tried, but he could not. He was very weak and lonely in his attempt.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Too bad nobody till this day understood and followed Jesus... Humanity wasn't ready, no good soil. Otherwise we'd live in a totally different society!

Lev Tolstoi tried, but he could not. He was very weak and lonely in his attempt.
I think there have been more people who were "good soil" over the years than most realise. Nonetheless, each generation of believers must answer the call to sanctification and in the "me first" Christianity that much of the Church is seduced by, the exhortation to "take up the cross" goes unanswered.

I found this helpful on the idea of "sanctification" as a process, not just an event.

I also like this dialogue where two mature Christians try to understand the relationship between grace and our actions.

Bacsi

Star
I think there have been more people who were "good soil" over the years than most realise. Nonetheless, each generation of believers must answer the call to sanctification and in the "me first" Christianity that much of the Church is seduced by, the exhortation to "take up the cross" goes unanswered.

I found this helpful on the idea of "sanctification" as a process, not just an event.

I also like this dialogue where two mature Christians try to understand the relationship between grace and our actions.

Too much theory, too much talk. Looks like people like to hide behind words. Jesus said a few practical things, Christians don't do them. A system of beleif was created after Jesus that veered away from his teaching.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Too much theory, too much talk. Looks like people like to hide behind words. Jesus said a few practical things, Christians don't do them. A system of beleif was created after Jesus that completely veered away from his teaching.
Always a challenge to give either a short answer or a good answer. Unfortunately you can't always do both ;-)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The best answer is actions. Those pew warmers have no idea what it is
God loves pew warmers and much as He loves Tengrists, but it doesn't mean he approves of faith that is all talk and no works - read the book of James some time if you think I'm making it up!

Bacsi

Star
God loves pew warmers and much as He loves Tengrists, but it doesn't mean he approves of faith that is all talk and no works - read the book of James some time if you think I'm making it up!
God doesn't love or hate. It's human emotions. He simply is. He's above emotions.

James is right. But it's not only about talk or walk. It's about what actions to take. Christ taught something, and then in the epistles it was all turned around. Christianity has left Christ.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
How Jesus died: 2,000-year-old Roman skeleton with a hole in his foot is only the second physical remains of the type of 'torture that killed Jesus'

By Phoebe Weston For Mailonline 17:42, 31 May 2018, updated 18:59, 31 May 2018

• Foot was found during a salvage excavation of an isolated tomb in Italy
  • The skeleton was found around 37 miles (60km) from Venice in the Po valley
  • Scientists discovered a hole that passed through the 'entire width' of the heel
  • Literature suggests tens of thousands of people were crucified by the Romans
  • However, the only other previously discovered archaeological evidence of crucifixion comes from a 1968 Jerusalem excavation
A 2,000-year-old Roman skeleton with a hole in his foot is only the second physical remain of the type of 'torture that killed Jesus'.

Found during an excavation of a tomb in northern Italy, the skeleton showed signs of 'particular lesions' on the right heel that suggest the man was crucified.

Despite the Romans practicing crucifixions for nearly a millennium on tens of thousands of people, including Jesus, evidence of the technique is rare.

The only other example is a 19cm (7.5-inch) nail found in the body of a Jewish man discovered in a tomb in Jerusalem in 1968.

Evidence of crucifixions is so rare because the wooden crosses that the Romans used for the practice quickly disintegrated.

The nails were also believed to have magical properties, so they were often taken from a victim.

Roman orator Cicero noted that 'of all punishments, it is the most cruel and most terrifying'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5791641/Proof-crucifixions-ancient-world-2-000-year-old-skeleton-hole-foot-found.html

Given the reality of the death, the reality of the resurrection says much about who was wrapped in the cloths in the tomb...

And a follow up of the separate face-cloth.

Along with the links referenced in the clips...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/411366.stm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9958678/Turin-Shroud-is-not-a-medieval-forgery.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/5137163/Turin-Shroud-could-be-genuine-as-carbon-dating-was-flawed.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703018/Turin-Shroud-stained-blood-torture-victim.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150417-shroud-turin-relics-jesus-catholic-church-religion-science/

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
How Jesus died: 2,000-year-old Roman skeleton with a hole in his foot is only the second physical remains of the type of 'torture that killed Jesus'

By Phoebe Weston For Mailonline 17:42, 31 May 2018, updated 18:59, 31 May 2018

• Foot was found during a salvage excavation of an isolated tomb in Italy
  • The skeleton was found around 37 miles (60km) from Venice in the Po valley
  • Scientists discovered a hole that passed through the 'entire width' of the heel
  • Literature suggests tens of thousands of people were crucified by the Romans
  • However, the only other previously discovered archaeological evidence of crucifixion comes from a 1968 Jerusalem excavation
A 2,000-year-old Roman skeleton with a hole in his foot is only the second physical remain of the type of 'torture that killed Jesus'.

Found during an excavation of a tomb in northern Italy, the skeleton showed signs of 'particular lesions' on the right heel that suggest the man was crucified.

Despite the Romans practicing crucifixions for nearly a millennium on tens of thousands of people, including Jesus, evidence of the technique is rare.

The only other example is a 19cm (7.5-inch) nail found in the body of a Jewish man discovered in a tomb in Jerusalem in 1968.

Evidence of crucifixions is so rare because the wooden crosses that the Romans used for the practice quickly disintegrated.

The nails were also believed to have magical properties, so they were often taken from a victim.

Roman orator Cicero noted that 'of all punishments, it is the most cruel and most terrifying'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5791641/Proof-crucifixions-ancient-world-2-000-year-old-skeleton-hole-foot-found.html

Given the reality of the death, the reality of the resurrection says much about who was wrapped in the cloths in the tomb...

And a follow up of the separate face-cloth.

Along with the links referenced in the clips...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/411366.stm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9958678/Turin-Shroud-is-not-a-medieval-forgery.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/5137163/Turin-Shroud-could-be-genuine-as-carbon-dating-was-flawed.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4703018/Turin-Shroud-stained-blood-torture-victim.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150417-shroud-turin-relics-jesus-catholic-church-religion-science/
Poor religious people. Catching at a straw. This stuff essentially means nothing. Jesus is no God.

Bacsi

Star
Perhaps you are right... People rise from the dead all the time.
They do. Ask any ER doctor. As for archeological finds or the Turin shround, they're no proof. Especially that strikingly Caucasian face of the supposed Jewish man. Pretty amusing stuff.

Jesus is no God. Pagan man Constantine the Great is guilty at making this lie the mainstream dogma in the IV century A.D.

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
The spirit of Jesus is a powerful one nevertheless. He was a special man.

153039697_6d60409957_b.jpg

Last edited: