10 Biblical Reasons why Jesus Christ IS God

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
you posted a link to some page which REFUTES Jehova's Witnesses's beliefs and you called it INVESTIGATION, so i just posted another link which is jehova witnesses's beliefs from the jehova's witness's perspective.
I have talked to a lot of Jehovah's witnesses so I'm familiar with their pov (though I must add, not recently as I think I must be on their blacklist ;-)

As to investigation, I simply looked at other people who used that angle and was not particularly surprised that your perspective was in alignment with the JW's.

P.s. on the Triune nature of Man, I started a new thread on it as it is a branch off this one and has some separate considerations.

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/the-nature-of-man-and-why-it-matters.3848/

Bacsi

Star
Jésus if he existed is not God. It's so obvious. It's like saying a speck of sand is the Universe

elsbet

Superstar
Jésus if he existed is not God. It's so obvious. It's like saying a speck of sand is the Universe
Not everyone is going to believe in this life. But if you do, it will be because the Spirit led you.

Your story is definitely one of the most interesting I've heard, though. Especially from an historical perspective.

Bacsi

Star
Not everyone is going to believe in this life. But if you do, it will be because the Spirit led you.

Your story is definitely one of the most interesting I've heard, though. Especially from an historical perspective.
Believing or not believing doesn't mean much. Actions is what's impprtant. If Christians did even 0.0001% of what Jesus taught, we'd live in a totally different world.

elsbet

Superstar
Believing or not believing doesn't mean much. Actions is what's impprtant. If Christians did even 0.0001% of what Jesus taught, we'd live in a totally different world.
Hmm.. like what?

Unknown Warrior

Established
Jesus Christ's name is above every other name, only though Him can a person be saved. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is King of kings and Lord of lords. That word of God will never change and regardless of what people believe, they will one day be judged by Christ Himself.

Bacsi

Star
Jesus Christ's name is above every other name, only though Him can a person be saved. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is King of kings and Lord of lords. That word of God will never change and regardless of what people believe, they will one day be judged by Christ Himself.
It's a lie. Jésus taught some great things, but he's not special. Certainly not God. Just think: before he was born, there had lived countless generations of people who knew nothing of him. Even today there are many in some parts of the world who have not heared about his "magic name". They all were and are just fine without Jesus.

Unknown Warrior

Established
It's a lie. Jésus taught some great things, but he's not special. Certainly not God. Just think: before he was born, there had lived countless generations of people who knew nothing of him. Even today there are many in some parts of the world who have not heared about his "magic name". They all were and are just fine without Jesus.
I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else. There were many generations that lived before Christ, but they were taught that the Messiah would come and save the people. Also, the Bible teaches that the gospel of Jesus would be taught throughout the world before the return of Christ. Most of the civilized world has already heard the gospel of Christ. Some have accepted it while others have outright rejected it. Jesus Christ is the most famous Man who has ever lived. His name is known throughout the world and there are missionaries that continue to go into parts of the world to teach people about the Bible and Jesus Christ. There are also people who dedicate their lives in order to preach the gospel to those who have never heard the word of God. There may come a time that Jesus will reveal Himself to those who have doubts about Him. His death was a payment to save us from the penalty of our sins. I realize that it is difficult for many to understand the Bible and it is a lifelong journey for us to learn and teach others.

Bacsi

Star
I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone else. There were many generations that lived before Christ, but they were taught that the Messiah would come and save the people. Also, the Bible teaches that the gospel of Jesus would be taught throughout the world before the return of Christ. Most of the civilized world has already heard the gospel of Christ. Some have accepted it while others have outright rejected it. Jesus Christ is the most famous Man who has ever lived. His name is known throughout the world and there are missionaries that continue to go into parts of the world to teach people about the Bible and Jesus Christ. There are also people who dedicate their lives in order to preach the gospel to those who have never heard the word of God. There may come a time that Jesus will reveal Himself to those who have doubts about Him. His death was a payment to save us from the penalty of our sins. I realize that it is difficult for many to understand the Bible and it is a lifelong journey for us to learn and teach others.
A lie is a lie. Jesus is no God and no saviour. His teaching is powerful, but not the best.

You say, a messiah was declared. To whom? Less than 0.01% of the world's population then? And how about before the Old Testament? Missionaries are fairly active today, but even today so many areas of the world are unreached. He's more or less famous in the USA or Sweden or South Korea etc, but in some countries he's unknown or despised. Over the centuries there have been overwhelmingly more people who never heard about Jesus than those who heard. Think about North and South America, think of Australia and Oceania, think about India and China before the arrival of European colonizers. Etc etc etc. Middle East and Europe are big regions, but they're a small fraction of the whole planet. Jesus is a regional phenomenon.

God is universal

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A lie is a lie. Jesus is no God and no saviour. His teaching is powerful, but not the best.
Rather than repeat the "its a lie" line, you would be better saying that such claims lie in contradiction to Tengrism (which you believe to be true).

You might then test the general truth claims of both the Bible and Tengrism if you were so minded in order to determine who has been sold a lie.

Bacsi

Star
Rather than repeat the "its a lie" line, you would be better saying that such claims lie in contradiction to Tengrism (which you believe to be true).

You might then test the general truth claims of both the Bible and Tengrism if you were so minded in order to determine who has been sold a lie.
I don't care about Tengriism. It's just rituals. Practice. It works for me. In no way it's some sort of all-encompassing or universal truth. It's like a language. I say, Qudai, you say God. But they mean the same thing. I don't push anybody to say Qudai. It's silly.

Some Christian practices and rituals work very well. In essence, they're not much different from Tengriism/Shamanism. Theories suck. But practices are good, if they're followed from the heart sincerely

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
@Bacsi

Never mind rituals... This is real Christianity, not the bells and smells of empty ritualised religion.
Practice IS the only thing valuable in any kind of ideology, religious or not. It's not about burning candles or fasting. It's about living together as a society sensibly. Jesus tried to start a revolution, but failed miserably. His very strong practical tenets were turned into a mere circus of the church. Such a pity.

This is what Tengriism is about - being a good brother, good son, good friend, responsible steward of this whole planet, etc etc. It's a very good practical teaching. And it works, if applied.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Practise IS the only thing valuable in any kind of ideology, religious or not. It's not about burning candles or fasting. It's about living together as a society sensibly. Jesus tried to start a revolution, but failed miserably. His very strong practical tenets were turned into a mere circus of the church. Such a pity.

This is what Tengriism is about - being a good brother, good son, good friend, responsible steward of this whole planet, etc etc. It's a very good practical ideology. And it works, if applied.
I agree with you that works are important, but our "works" are a symptom of who we are not the sum of it.

When someone is born again the change happens from the inside outwards. The problem is that much of the Church seems to take the view that sanctification and fruitfulness are not important, thus ignoring much of their Bibles that only see the light of day on a Sunday...

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not [a]imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.