10 Biblical Reasons why Jesus Christ IS God

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Everyone including Christians (in and out of VC forums) has problem with the Trinity, as you said earlier:
Did I mention to you that I struggle to explain Quantum Entanglement but don't interpret my struggle as evidence against the scientific evidence for it?

All I'm saying is "hard to fully grasp" is not automatically related to false. Something may be hard to understand and untrue (try gnosticism ;-) but ideas exceeding our mental capacity or power of explanation do not automatically qualify as false.

On the same note, could you explain how omnipresence "works"?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What accountability is there against mankind if they dont understand the not-understandable trinity ?!?!

you dont understand Quantum Entanglement but other humans do (Scientists)
There is understanding and "fully understanding". I am happy with he understanding I have of the Trinity and as I read the Bible, it is the picture of the Godhead that is presented.

I don't understand how God raised Jesus from the dead, or how my sin was laid upon Him but my faith in both is required if I am to call myself a Christian.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What kind of understanding is it that you cannot explain it to others !?
A little earlier in the thread @Claire Rousseau posted up a helpful video (to me anyway) explaining the Trinity.

An example for you to consider though...

If I were a child of a father who earned a living working on Quantum Entanglement, I might ask my Dad what he did as a job and come away with an incomplete understanding. This would not change the fact that my father did the job, but would give me issues explaining to my classmates whose parents were plumbers, cooks or farmers.

In order for the child to accept his father was telling the truth about this complex state of affairs, he would not require a post graduate qualification to check it for himself, just the childlike faith in his father to believe he was being told the truth.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
When are you going to be held accountable for not understanding Quantum Entanglement ? NEVER.
Because either:
1 - You are not capable to understand.
2 - it is not required from you to understand Quantum Entanglement.

But here we are talking about God and the life after death which is more important than this life for the afterlife is eternal. Now if humans cannot understand God(trinity) then why are they going to be held accountable for that not-understandable theory?

you know what ! You dont understand Quantum Entanglement because you dont try to understand it while you already have the power of reason/logic and learning.
I think you would get a better sense of what I was trying to convey if you watched the video I attached. You are confusing the ability to fully understand something and explain it with a settled belief that it is true.

You apply such thinking to the 99 names of God, full understanding of which must be outside both your own and by nature, all of human experience. You accept them as a Muslim because the Qur'an tells you those attributes are true of God. Be honest here, have you been able to fully test and articulate each one?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Monotheism (the message of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Lot, Moses, Aaron, Joseph, Jesus, Mohammad and all other prophets) is simple and straightforward.
There is no confusion in it. there is nothing difficult or impossible to understand in monotheism: One True God worthy of worship without partners.
That is why everybody understands Islam/original Christianity/Original Jewish religion which is monotheistic while the Roman Trinitarian Christianity is confusing, un-explainable and difficult to grasp.

I wathched the video and my head was aching.
Thanks for watching it anyway - I guess if you accepted that Jesus was more than a prophet, and came round to the Christian way of looking at Him, you wouldn't be a Muslim anymore ;-)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I would like to be a Monotheist and a follower of original Jewish/Christian/Islamic religion.
The Jews of the time of Jesus felt the same way and decided that Jesus claiming that God was his Father was sufficient blasphemy to crucify him over.

I acknowledge that some want more rational evidence or perhaps a clap of thunder to prove this to be true.

Paul, in 1 Corinthians 1 saw things clearly:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Last edited:
You have problem with Monotheism (One True God) which is quite simple.
That is not at all what I get from what he is saying.

Christians actually DO believe there is only one God.

2 atoms of hydrogen + 1 atom of oxygen=a water molecule. 3 separate atoms that make up 1 molecule of water.

Additionally, this water can be found in 3 different forms: solid, liquid or vapor.

Whether it is steam rising from an inactive volcano, icebergs in Antarctica or a flowing River , it is still the same 3 atoms that make up H2O.

An Iron atom has 26 electrons, 26 protons and 30 neutrons. and that similarly means 72 distinct Hindu Gods are there who constitute One Godhead (monotheism).

@claire we are talking about God, not oxygen, iron, egg or potatoes.
Yes, I know...it is a comparison.

As far as Hinduism, it is not the Way to the one true God, which is shown in the video I just posted.

There is only one way, that is Christ Jesus.

There is no salvation in ANY OTHER.

If you truly want to know God, the one true God that created Heaven, Earth & our world & everything in it, you must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ......even if you are scared to trust Him, trust Him anyway & then, He will fill you with peace, understanding & true joy, and you will know that He loves you & has the gift of eternal life to give you.

EE27F5D1-35B5-4374-8B5F-DD249B30DAB9.jpeg

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I thought this testimony was very interesting:

I loved this one - if you watch it, you cannot possibly explain the "how" of the events without referring to the God who knows the end from the beginning.

The fact that this God answers the prayer of the Rishi by bringing him the Gospel of Jesus Christ speaks volumes.

Thousands of prophets before Jesus (pbuh) including Abraham, Moses, David, Aaron, Jacob, Joseph, Isaac etc... called people toward believing in One True God and worshiping Him only without partners/associates. They did not know Jesus.

And I am 100% sure those who believed in One True God and followed the prophet of their time, will go to Heaven without even knowing Jesus.
All of those prophets DID know Jesus.

Remember, Jesus IS the WORD of God made flesh.

I’m pretty sure Qur’an says the same thing.

How did God create? .....He SPOKE & it was.

Are the words spoken of God ....we’re they a creation or did they create?

Thousands of prophets before Jesus (pbuh) including Abraham, Moses, David, Aaron, Jacob, Joseph, Isaac etc... called people toward believing in One True God and worshiping Him only without partners/associates. They did not know Jesus.

And I am 100% sure those who believed in One True God and followed the prophet of their time, will go to Heaven without even knowing Jesus.
You did not say whether YOU, personally, knew if YOU were going to Heaven.

Jesus said:
“For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.”

.......John 5:46

manama

Star
Until Jesus himself said "i am God" and "worship me" or "i am the creator", those are all interpretations that can easily be interpreted otherwise.

Damien50

Star
No disagreement there. The leap from "Word of God" to "God Himself" is under question.
The term "word of god" could actually mean that Jesus was created just by God stating that he has to be created: "Be" and he is. how does that make him God?
When it says manifested it equates to literally being of God like a son or more specifically his word. That's why Jesus can claim alpha and omega in revelation, can have known Abraham, can say I am, is the kind of the Jews, and why our salvation hinges on faith in Jesus I.e. The word of God.

Everything comes down to belief and obedience and faith through the word that leads one to God.

He by being the living word of God is essentially God but it wasn't the word of God or God which died on the cross but rather the flesh of Christ. There are two types of deaths in the bible before you possibly ask lol.

vigilante71

Established
When it says manifested it equates to literally being of God like a son or more specifically his word. That's why Jesus can claim alpha and omega in revelation, can have known Abraham, can say I am, is the kind of the Jews, and why our salvation hinges on faith in Jesus I.e. The word of God.

Everything comes down to belief and obedience and faith through the word that leads one to God.

He by being the living word of God is essentially God but it wasn't the word of God or God which died on the cross but rather the flesh of Christ. There are two types of deaths in the bible before you possibly ask lol.
Word of God manifested into flesh does not prove he is God. for all i know word of God manifested into flesh could also mean creation of a human at God 's will. When I think that miracle is possible, I also can imagine that God could give this human anypower he wants. I can accept that he is the only way to salvation at that time, since he is the messiah that Jews were waiting for. I'm not twisting your words, believe me, all of that makes sense for me, without believing he is God or his son.

Damien50

Star
Word of God manifested into flesh does not prove he is God. for all i know word of God manifested into flesh could also mean creation of a human at God 's will. When I think that miracle is possible, I also can imagine that God could give this human anypower he wants. I can accept that he is the only way to salvation at that time, since he is the messiah that Jews were waiting for. I'm not twisting your words, believe me, all of that makes sense for me, without believing he is God or his son.
You have to understand the meaning of manifest first before even saying that it equates to a human being created.

manifest
[man-uh-fest]

adjective
  1. readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain:a manifest error.
  2. Psychoanalysis.of or relating to conscious feelings, ideas, and impulses that contain repressed psychic material:the manifest content of a dream as opposed to the latent content that it conceals.
verb (used with object)
  1. to make clear or evident to the eye or the understanding; show plainly:He manifested his approval with a hearty laugh.
  2. to prove; put beyond doubt or question:The evidence manifests the guilt of the defendant.
  3. to record in a ship's manifest.
noun
  1. a list of the cargo carried by a ship, made for the use of various agents and officials at the ports of destination.
  2. a list or invoice of goods transported by truck or train.
  3. a list of the cargo or passengers carried on an airplane.

Then if you have not read the bible, there are several instances where the word manifest appear. So then you can compare the creation of Adam and the manifestation of the word of God
Genesis 1:26-27 KJV
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. [27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 1:1-3 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It does prove in Christianity that the word of God is God just as your word is you but out doesn't require a Trinitarian approach to explain why Jesus was called, figuratively, the Son of God. He is the only way, in Christianity, at any time that anyone could ever be saved or have a relationship with God. Disobedience and disbelief to His word is equal to disbelief and disobedience to God.