10.000 Or 100,000 Character Limit

Tatilina

Star
Can you please remove the 10,000 or 100,000 (not sure which one) from posts because I just tried responding/quoting a post, but the post itself that I was replying to has reached the character limit, therefore I cannot respond. This error then caused my phone to freeze up and then crash as I was trying to delete the quote and could not as my phone was frozen, i also tried to copy and paste my response soI wouldn't lose it, in hopes of pasting it in a new post. Which is frustrating because I cannot directly respond to the quote in the post I am replying to. Everything I had said was lost. This character limit makes it impossible to reply decently, especially if you like to use quotes in your posts. I don't know how many times I've had not been able to say all that I wanted to because of this Character count limit.

mecca

Superstar
Can you please remove the 10,000 or 100,000 (not sure which one) from posts because I just tried responding/quoting a post, but the post itself that I was replying to has reached the character limit, therefore I cannot respond. This error then caused my phone to freeze up and then crash as I was trying to delete the quote and could not as my phone was frozen, i also tried to copy and paste my response soI wouldn't lose it, in hopes of pasting it in a new post. Which is frustrating because I cannot directly respond to the quote in the post I am replying to. Everything I had said was lost. This character limit makes it impossible to reply decently, especially if you like to use quotes in your posts. I don't know how many times I've had not been able to say all that I wanted to because of this Character count limit.
You can select a part of the post and reply to that.

Example:
Can you please remove the 10,000 or 100,000 (not sure which one) from posts because I just tried responding/quoting a post, but the post itself that I was replying to has reached the character limit, therefore I cannot respond.

Tatilina

Star
You can select a part of the post and reply to that.

Example:
I'd honestly rather not. It's too hard to do on the phone and makes things more complicated. I think the character count is unnecessary and should be removed. My phone sometimes when I try to select a paragraph or text doesn't alway let me. So that isn't a solution either.

@Tanya just reply like this, you don't need to quote
most of the people on here, ie the christians, they ignore the contents of a post except the bit most convenient to them
a bit like what they do with the bible too.

Loki

Established
The advice is good, but honestly I don't see a need for the character limit myself, especially with the new quote system where it hides most of the quote unless you ask it not to. My assumption would be that the only reason for a character limit is to cut down on walls of text, but if someone can't post it as one then they will just post it as two long ass posts, so it's not terribly effective in that regard.

If there is a way to tell the system to ignore anything within the quote box as taking up characters then that would be great, but if not then I'd just remove the limit or change it to 500k or something.

Daciple

Star
Id like to upvote this, 10000 characters isnt much especially if youre quoting others, articles or Religious Text. You ought to either increase it by 3-5 times or do away with it all together. People such as myself will simply break it up but its a pain to do so, why make it harder to give others information?