“Why do you call me good? No one is good, except God alone”

Daze

Superstar
Says who?
Then why did Jesus say that no one is good except God? He wasn't referring to himself, but to God.
Who's God, do you think he was talking about himself since you just compared Jesus with God? Great logic, you Christians are something else.
The problem is they reject their God given logic. I fear you will never reach these people. Lord knows I've tried for years on these boards and not a single prophet worshiper did a moments worth of reflection and I've come at it from every angle. From showing the verses that reject the divinity of Jesus all the way to requesting a pact that invokes Gods wrath upon the party whose in the wrong like the last Prophet (saw) did with the mushriks in his time.

Sad it what it is as the hellfire is eternal but some people you just can't reach. Its kinda ironic, as all of them will bash Snowfalls Mary threads, but all of them are in the same camp. Somehow its not paganism when they do it.

God guides whom he wills.

floss

Star
Says who?
Then why did Jesus say that no one is good except God? He wasn't referring to himself, but to God.
Who's God, do you think he was talking about himself since you just compared Jesus with God? Great logic, you Christians are something else.
Was Jesus good or bad? If bad, why?

AdjeYen

Established
Was Jesus good or bad? If bad, why?
He was good and a good prophet, too.
Every prophet has made mistakes, which isn't the same as "making sins." All prophets of God are sinless, therefore Jesus (pbuh) was good.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The problem is they reject their God given logic. I fear you will never reach these people. Lord knows I've tried for years on these boards and not a single prophet worshiper did a moments worth of reflection and I've come at it from every angle. From showing the verses that reject the divinity of Jesus all the way to requesting a pact that invokes Gods wrath upon the party whose in the wrong like the last Prophet (saw) did with the mushriks in his time.

Sad it what it is as the hellfire is eternal but some people you just can't reach. Its kinda ironic, as all of them will bash Snowfalls Mary threads, but all of them are in the same camp. Somehow its not paganism when they do it.

God guides whom he wills.
I suspect that this is a cultural thing and rhetorical questions are unfamiliar to Muslims.

AdjeYen

Established
I suspect that this is a cultural thing and rhetorical questions are unfamiliar to Muslims.
I wouldn't say this if I were you, I know many Christians who reject Jesus as God or the "spiritual son of God," and deny being born on the 25th of December, if you believe Jesus was born on the 25h of December, then please, refer to Luke 2:8.
You shouldn't speak for everyone.

Daze

Superstar
How can it be culture when i was a Christian for over 30 years? I'm American Red, i have never set eyes on the ocean.

Rhetorical? Have you found a child yet and asked him what that verse means? That's what you need Red, to hear if from someone who hasn't been brainwashed all of their life.

You claim to reflect Red, but are you not troubled by Jesus saying God is one, yet clearly his will is different from the Fathers?

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. (Matt 26:39)

When your one god has 3 different names with 3 different personalities and opposing wills, there is a problem.

Jesus is constantly separating himself from the Father.

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only. (Matt 24:36)

The Father is greater than I. (John 14:28)

My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matt 27:46)

Yet...

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God,
the LORD is one. (Duet 6:4)

What are you reflecting on Red?

Is one who spends his entire life in violation of the first commandment ever seeing Heaven?

You may refuse to answer what will happen to a man who spends his entire life worshiping Prophet David, but you should Reflect on it.

Daze

Superstar
I wouldn't say this if I were you, I know many Christians who reject Jesus as God or the "spiritual son of God," and deny being born on the 25th of December, if you believe Jesus was born on the 25h of December, then please, refer to Luke 2:8.
You shouldn't speak for everyone.
Red celebrates Christmas, even though the Bible calls it wasted effort.

MuslimByChoice - Is Christmas a Pagan Rip-off Rabbi Tovia Singer SLAMS David Wood's wife Marie...png

floss

Star
He was good and a good prophet, too.
Every prophet has made mistakes, which isn't the same as "making sins." All prophets of God are sinless, therefore Jesus (pbuh) was good.
You believed Jesus was good and agreed with his statement that only God is good. Why is it hard for you to understand that Jesus was referring to himself as a Good God in that verse? He accepted worship and forgive sin. That's the work of God is it not?

"Every prophet made mistakes" - How came Pilate couldn't find any fault in Jesus? Can you show some mistakes made by Jesus?

"All prophets of God are sinless" - I disagreed, only God is sinless. Show me proof that all mere human prophet are sinless.

Where do you draw the line between mistakes and sins?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
How can it be culture when i was a Christian for over 30 years? I'm American Red, i have never set eyes on the ocean.

Rhetorical? Have you found a child yet and asked him what that verse means? That's what you need Red, to hear if from someone who hasn't been brainwashed all of their life.

You claim to reflect Red, but are you not troubled by Jesus saying God is one, yet clearly his will is different from the Fathers?

And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. (Matt 26:39)

When your one god has 3 different names with 3 different personalities and opposing wills, there is a problem.

Jesus is constantly separating himself from the Father.

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only. (Matt 24:36)

The Father is greater than I. (John 14:28)

My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Matt 27:46)

Yet...

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (Duet 6:4)

What are you reflecting on Red?

Is one who spends his entire life in violation of the first commandment ever seeing Heaven?

You may refuse to answer what will happen to a man who spends his entire life worshiping Prophet David, but you should Reflect on it.
I believe the “one” you refer to is related to a linguistic issue that is not obvious from English translation:

Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one* (*echad).

In Hebrew, the word “yachid” indicates numeric oneness, while “echad” indicates compound unity. In the Bible, yachid is never used to describe God. However, in Deuteronomy 6:4, echad is the word used instead. In addition, plural pronouns such as “let US make man in OUR image” are also used in reference to God. If God is triune, these are the words we would expect. As further confirmation, in the Greek (a much more complex language than Hebrew), Jesus quotes the Deuteronomy Scripture in Mark 12:29 and uses the Greek word “hen”, which describes a “unified oneness”, rather than using the word “monos” which means numeric oneness. These examples are simplified for the sake of this discussion, but we can see that Jesus Himself describes God as triune; being one in substance only, but not in person.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
On the use of the Socratic method…

Scripture records many statements that are fairly described as examples of Socratic Questioning. The most dramatic of these come from Jesus in His interactions with His critics. When challenged about paying taxes, Jesus’ response, “Whose image is on this coin?” embodies the essence of the Socratic Method (see Mark 12:13–17). The intent was to demonstrate a flaw in the other party’s thinking. The same is true when Jesus responds using questions in encounters with the rich young ruler (Matthew 19:16–22) and with Pilate (John 18:33–38).

Christians are encouraged to apply the spirit of the Socratic Method, if not the actual technique, to their own spiritual lives (1 John 4:1; 1 Corinthians 11:27–29). The biblical command to “examine yourselves” (2 Corinthians 13:5) parallels Socrates’ quip that “the unexamined life is not worth living.” Other scriptural instances of a Socratic approach include Job 38:1–11 and Proverbs 18:17.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The key aspect here is that Jesus was not addressing a child. He was addressing a bright, young and powerful man who asked him the following:-

The Rich Young Man (Matthew 19)
(Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30)

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

This is the question of the religious mind. The young man wants a “manageable holiness” to aim at. Jesus offers him perfection instead as a standard.

I have never met anyone of any faith who could attain to the standards Jesus sets out either here or on the Sermon on the Mount. We fall short and are placed in the position of the disciples later in Matthew 19 asking “who then can be saved??!”.

25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

@Daze - what do you think Jesus meant with this last statement, and do you think the young man or the disciples would have understood it at the time he said it?

Last edited:
The key aspect here is that Jesus was not addressing a child. He was addressing a bright, young and powerful man who asked him the following:-

The Rich Young Man (Matthew 19)

(Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30)

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

This is the question of the religious mind. The young man wants a “manageable holiness” to aim at. Jesus offers him perfection instead as a standard.
I concur.

Perfection!

What is perfection?

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. (Colossians 3:2)
Is this perfection?
Or ..

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalm 1:1-2)
Is this perfection?
Or..

Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. (Timothy 4:15)
This?
Or..

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room and close the door and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask. (Matthew 6: 5-8)
This?

I would wager, all these verses are Perfection!

Should a Human Being is able to attain Knowing via practical means, then this experience (of knowing) automatically superseeds (any) pre-existing belief(s).

Mere Religions (without practical access to the nectar of Life within) are limited to belief(s) via their respective books/epics/scriptures. Thus followers are quite optimally called believers. I was one too. Its conditioning. My family/guardians didn't knew any better. It was, naturally, what they had seen and learn/understood in their lifetimes from their parents/guardians, they had to impart / point me to it. Quite natural.

God/HeavenlyFather/Universe'sUnifiedField/TheCreator etc. are merely words used to impart the idea/thought, from one individual to another, via communication. We, individually, may call ThisEntity by any name of our individual understanding, the fact still remains that It/He still is everything in the middle and the beginning and end (of our Universe/Existence).

Without a practical approach & subsequent access to TheSelf/Soul/(Holy)Spirit/IndividualConsciousness in (our) practical life, the belief and believing business merely, alone, on its own, unfortunately, doesn't cut it.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (Corinthians 3:16)

The kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:21)

Daze

Superstar

No, the key aspect Red was someone called Jesus good and Jesus said..

Jesus said:
"why do you call ME good? Only God is good. "
With the deduction level of a 4 year old we can deduce, Jesus simply implied he is not god because God alone is good, God alone is perfect.

Absolutely amazing is what this is honestly. There could be a verse that says "and Jesus said" I'm not god Red" and you would still use mental gymnastics in efforts to twist it to grant confirmation bias. Just like you do with all of the other verses. Why you made this thread thinking you can refute this one and single verse is beyond me.

Jesus tells us plainly God is greater then him (John 14:28). Do you intend to make threads for all 90+ verses that refute Jesus's divinity?

Make a thread on Jesus asking God why he forsook him (Matt 27:46). If Jesus is god then how can God abandon himself? Never mind, that one is inconceivable unless your god is bi-polar.

What will you do on judgement day Red when Jesus rebukes those who worshiped him and calls them evil? (Matt 7:22-23)
What will you do when there are no chances left to reflect? What will you do when you realize No One comes back to this life to make amends?

Imagine a day when the disbelievers will see hellfire and wish they were dust (78:40 Quran), never given life to begin with.

God guides whom he wills while people like you are nothing more then a reminder for me to be thankful for what i have.

Indeed there is no god but God and Jesus is his servant and messenger.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
God guides whom he wills while people like you are nothing more then a reminder for me to be thankful for what i have.
I suspect that you are presently more enamoured with the Qur’an than the Bible, but I would contend that the “goodness” Jesus preached and lived was qualitatively different to that shown by previous prophets or by Muhammad.

Perhaps this quotation from Matthew 5 best illustrates the difference.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Maldarker

Star
No, the key aspect Red was someone called Jesus good and Jesus said..

With the deduction level of a 4 year old we can deduce, Jesus simply implied he is not god because God alone is good, God alone is perfect.

Absolutely amazing is what this is honestly. There could be a verse that says "and Jesus said" I'm not god Red" and you would still use mental gymnastics in efforts to twist it to grant confirmation bias. Just like you do with all of the other verses. Why you made this thread thinking you can refute this one and single verse is beyond me.

Jesus tells us plainly God is greater then him (John 14:28). Do you intend to make threads for all 90+ verses that refute Jesus's divinity?

Make a thread on Jesus asking God why he forsook him (Matt 27:46). If Jesus is god then how can God abandon himself? Never mind, that one is inconceivable unless your god is bi-polar.

What will you do on judgement day Red when Jesus rebukes those who worshiped him and calls them evil? (Matt 7:22-23)
What will you do when there are no chances left to reflect? What will you do when you realize No One comes back to this life to make amends?

Imagine a day when the disbelievers will see hellfire and wish they were dust (78:40 Quran), never given life to begin with.

Indeed there is no god but God and Jesus is his servant and messenger.
I think this is a deja vu moment didn't these exact words context everything already happen in another comment section?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think this is a deja vu moment didn't these exact words context everything already happen in another comment section?
It puts me in mind of Paul’s observations (slightly amended) to to Corinthian Church…

1 Corinthians 1:18-25

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks [and Muslims?] foolishness,
24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Daze

Superstar
I suspect that you are presently more enamoured with the Qur’an than the Bible, but I would contend that the “goodness” Jesus preached and lived was qualitatively different to that shown by previous prophets or by Muhammad.

Perhaps this quotation from Matthew 5 best illustrates the difference.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Whats amazing is I'm Muslim and I'm always quoting the Bible to you. Have you seriously not noticed?

Would you prefer Quran?

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers.
And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

Warn those who claim, Allah has offspring
They have no knowledge of this, nor did their forefathers. What a terrible claim that comes out of their mouths!
They say nothing but lies. (18:4-5 Quran)

And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son." (88) You have done an atrocious thing. (89) The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation (90) That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son. (91) And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. (92)
There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant. (93) He has enumerated them and counted them a [full] counting. (94) And all of them are coming to Him on the Day of Resurrection alone. (Surah Maryam 88-94)

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13)

Let us speak plainly Red. A day does not pass where you find food, family, shelter, good health, money to pay your bills. Literally innumerable blessings and how do you show gratitude to the Provider? You say thank you to his prophet. His servant.

Let us be honest in that there is no difference in you and Snowfall in his "veneration" of Mary. There is no difference between you and the Hindu with his multitude of gods.. It wouldn't matter if you bowed before Noah or Adam because the creation is the creation. You worship a man given life By God, a man who tells you dozens and dozens of times in your own book that he was sent by God. A man that never once asked for worship. A man who himself is often depeicted worshiping another in your book.

What you do is evil Red, from your celebration of pagan holy-days like X-mas to your man worship. You do not thank the One who allows your heart to beat 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You thank his creation.

On the last day, when God asks.. did there not come to you a warner? Think of me.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Whats amazing is I'm Muslim and I'm always quoting the Bible to you. Have you seriously not noticed?

Would you prefer Quran?

O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs. (4:171 Quran)

Warn those who claim, Allah has offspring
They have no knowledge of this, nor did their forefathers. What a terrible claim that comes out of their mouths!
They say nothing but lies. (18:4-5 Quran)

And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son." (88) You have done an atrocious thing. (89) The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation (90) That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son. (91) And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. (92)
There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant. (93) He has enumerated them and counted them a [full] counting. (94) And all of them are coming to Him on the Day of Resurrection alone. (Surah Maryam 88-94)

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. (Acts 3:13)

Let us speak plainly Red. A day does not pass where you find food, family, shelter, good health, money to pay your bills. Literally innumerable blessings and how do you show gratitude to the Provider? You say thank you to his prophet. His servant.

Let us be honest in that there is no difference in you and Snowfall in his "veneration" of Mary. There is no difference between you and the Hindu with his multitude of gods.. It wouldn't matter if you bowed before Noah or Adam because the creation is the creation. You worship a man given life By God, a man who tells you dozens and dozens of times in your own book that he was sent by God. A man that never once asked for worship. A man who himself is often depeicted worshiping another in your book.

What you do is evil Red, from your celebration of pagan holy-days like X-mas to your man worship. You do not thank the One who allows your heart to beat 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You thank his creation.

On the last day, when God asks.. did there not come to you a warner? Think of me.
I could write a lot trying to counter personal points here. In a sense every Christian is an indistinct sketch of true Christianity. We are born again and called to be disciples - we are saved but we are being sanctified. I gave my life to the Lord long before I even knew the word “Trinity”.

25th December, 1983, 5am (approx) 10 mins 18 in I started to really listen, 14 mins 26 I knew I had to do something about what I had realised. That’s why I love Christmas @Daze

TokiEl

Superstar
If you're not a troll... you will be surprised when you find out that it is Jesus who decides your eternal destiny.

John 5 22Furthermore, the Father judges no one, but has assigned all judgment to the Son, 23so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Judging by the way you have disrespected the shepherde... im not thrilled about the thought of an eternity with you.