“The Bible was purposely edited and written to conform to the prophecy.”

Yahda

Veteran
I often mentioned the two P’s. You have the PROPHECIES of the Old Testament, then you have the PLANNING within the New Testament. That’s why I’m never worried about this fake anti christ, the phony mark of the beast, fake raptures, hell etc....it’s not prophecy. Simply the planning of the elites to CONTROL, create FEAR & order out of chaos. It’s no different from movies full of symbology and hidden messages created to train your brain to conform and accept what’s to come.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I often mentioned the two P’s. You have the PROPHECIES of the Old Testament, then you have the PLANNING within the New Testament. That’s why I’m never worried about this fake anti christ, the phony mark of the beast, fake raptures, hell etc....it’s not prophecy. Simply the planning of the elites to CONTROL, create FEAR & order out of chaos. It’s no different from movies full of symbology and hidden messages created to train your brain to conform and accept what’s to come.
Not taking on your critique of the NT right now, I would be interested in knowing which books of the OT you give credence to? Genesis to Malachi (like me) or a different selection?

Yahda

Veteran
Not taking on your critique of the NT right now
Thank you because that was not my intention seriously. I was basically offering my insight as to how one can distinguish prophecy from edits.

To answer your question. I follow what was handed down to Moses as commanded by God throughout the scriptures. I also follow the prophets of The Most High God ( Genesis - Malachi ).

Here’s why: These are the words spoken by God. You have actual quotations. This can not be found in the New Testament. There is no presence of The Most High God or his words. Calm down. Not my point lol.

The point is, God commanded that we follow what was handed down to Moses, and that His prophets spoke his actual words...e.g

“Remember the law of my servant Moses, the regulations and judgments that I commanded for all of Israel to obey” emphasis on the QUOTATIONS.

Which is why I accept Genesis through Malachi, and able to distinguish the real from the “edits” in case you asked.

Isaiah 5:17 - Listen unto me, ( His words, His commands, His prophets..) ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Thank you because that was not my intention seriously. I was basically offering my insight as to how one can distinguish prophecy from edits.

To answer your question. I follow what was handed down to Moses as commanded by God throughout the scriptures. I also follow the prophets of The Most High God ( Genesis - Malachi ).

Here’s why: These are the words spoken by God. You have actual quotations. This can not be found in the New Testament. There is no presence of The Most High God or his words. Calm down. Not my point lol.

The point is, God commanded that we follow what was handed down to Moses, and that His prophets spoke his actual words...e.g

“Remember the law of my servant Moses, the regulations and judgments that I commanded for all of Israel to obey” emphasis on the QUOTATIONS.

Which is why I accept Genesis through Malachi, and able to distinguish the real from the “edits” in case you asked.

Isaiah 5:17 - Listen unto me, ( His words, His commands, His prophets..) ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
Ok, just so I’m clear, do you believe that the OT books you hold to contain edits or are you satisfied they have been passed on faithfully?

Yahda

Veteran
Ok, just so I’m clear, do you believe that the OT books you hold to contain edits or are you satisfied they have been passed on faithfully?

The Key is to recognize My God. The word of God tells you everything you need to know. To test your prophets, to watch the pen of the scribe etc....so in getting to know my God, I can recognize Him when he speaks.

The word of God is repetitive. It’s telling you the same thing over & over. To fear & obey the Lord our God. Follow his way and commands, listen to his prophets, put no God before him, stay clear of idols and idol worship.....the rest is basically the history of Israel, and where they went wrong and how to fix it. It’s simple. Anything, or too much outside of that, the lie detector will determine a lie.

You all are the ones over there with all them mysteries and confusing ideologies. I have said many time in the past, and let the forms be a witness: Christians have no clue when it comes to their doctrine. As you can tell by every OP, Christians know nothing. They don’t even know who God is. Is he Jesus is he God, do we tithe, do we not tithe, just go down the OP years & months...I’ve been saying this since the first message boards over a decade ago.....every Christian OP in regard to their doctrine is 100 pages long and on going. Every thing is debatable and up for argument. Most don’t have not a clue about ANYTHING. Again, LET THE MESSAGE BOARD BE A REFLECTION, before anyone gets mad.

Who could follow and have faith in such ? It’s not what God intended. You all are being cheated out of life and salvation but I’ll digress back into my hole. I still feel the need to warn every now and then but again I digress.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Is the Hebrew Bible the same as Old Testament? The answer is no. It was adjusted to fit with Jesus being the messiah ( among other things ).

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bible_interpolation

And the reason the church wouldn’t allow anyone to read it for so long is that people would see the contradictions and just how ridiculous it is.

@justjess is far from alone in being the only person to read it and have a change of heart, indeed reading it is probably the biggest reason not to believe it.
People who read the bible for the first time and then reject Christianity permanently cannot have been possibly born again.
It only makes sense if you truly believe in Jesus Christ.

You obviously never did CV.

TokiEl

Superstar
So the angel Gabriel gave a timeline until the Messiah which the prophet Daniel wrote down.

Daniel 9 25 Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.

In the book of Nehemiah it is reported that king Artaxerxes of Persia gave the command to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem on Nisan in his 20th regnal year... which was Nisan 444 BC.

So seven weeks and sixty-two weeks from that time until the Messiah.

One week Strong's H7620 - shabuwa is a sevenfold period of time. The same word is used for both 7 days and 7 years. So Strong's H7620 - shabuwa is in fact a heptad where 7 days is 1 week and 7 years is 360 weeks.

From Nisan 444 BC count 7x360 weeks + 62x360 weeks until the Messiah.

(For simplicity sake just use an online day counter to quickly check when the Messiah is prophecied to come.)

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
People who read the bible for the first time and then reject Christianity permanently cannot have been possibly born again.

Just FYI - my horror at reading it then prompted a decade plus since of “figuring it out” so your snide comment is unwarranted. And your right I was never “born again” I was catholic, I don’t trust a rewrite of a religion prompted by a king who wanted a divorce.

Camidria

Veteran
Just FYI - my horror at reading it then prompted a decade plus since of “figuring it out” so your snide comment is unwarranted. And your right I was never “born again” I was catholic, I don’t trust a rewrite of a religion prompted by a king who wanted a divorce.
I really understand how you feel, and even as a saved person I once asked God these questions as it bothered me as well, I got quite a few detailed answers. I have shared this before but I feel I must share this again.

I once asked God to explain to me why it seems like He had no mercy in the old testament, He explained to me that He is so incredibly Holy and pure, He gave me a metaphor: He is Holy and pure like a pure light. When we His children sin we are like darkness, (Romans 3:23 (KJV)
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God)

When a light is put on in the darkness it 'destroys' the darkness in a sense. That is what happened in the old testament, because of God's Holiness we couldn't come into His presence. And also try and understand, many of these people in the old testament were warned to repent, many of them sacrificed their babies and children to pagan gods.
When Jesus (Yeshua) died on the cross His blood covered our sin (our darkness) and therefore we can now be holy before God and can have a personal relationship with Him through faith in Jesus and relationship with Jesus (Yeshua). Through His grace not works so no one can boast!

This is how God explained it to me, perhaps it will help you to understand that all sin, even a white lie, makes us darkness before a pure and holy God, only if we are covered with Jesus's blood (spiritually by faith and relationship with Him) can His grace save us from eternal death... This is why Jesus were sent, so that God can reconcile ALL His children to Himself.

This is what these people did btw:
Foster_Bible_Pictures_0074-1_Offering_to_Molech.jpg
They warmed Moloch's hands that it was super hot and would put babies in those hands until they died, people would have an orgy whilst this was going on.
Many of these nations was also Nephilim hybrids. It makes sense that Nephilim (now disembodied spirits - demons) would be ordered to be destroyed especially if they continually did the things I told you like in the picture.

Please understand I do not understand everything that God does, but I know Him personally, I know His character, and it makes a big difference that if you know someone personally and you know who they are that you can trust them....

So I really do understand how you feel, I wish you could just understand and see how God feels about you, He loves you so much...

justjess

Superstar
I appreciate what you are trying to say to me @Camidria

But I do know god loves me. And I do know god is loving. I do trust god. I just vehemently disagree that the god portrayed in the Bible is who god actually is. I know that makes no difference to the people who believe the Bible, I might as well be damned to hell as a blasphemer for this alone. However, I have more faith in god then that so it doesn’t bother me at all.

I can not reconcile the god of the OT with the god of the NT. I’ve tried, my brain and my heart will not allow it. God gave me that brain and that heart so clearly I was not meant to. There are many paths to god, and that one just isn’t mine.

I’ve bowed out of these conversations for the most part for the last couple years, as I realize they will go nowhere. But seeing you so upset... I just wanted you to know that it was unwarranted for you to be. Your fine. God deserves a lot more credit then most give him.

Camidria

Veteran
I appreciate what you are trying to say to me @Camidria

But I do know god loves me. And I do know god is loving. I do trust god. I just vehemently disagree that the god portrayed in the Bible is who god actually is. I know that makes no difference to the people who believe the Bible, I might as well be damned to hell as a blasphemer for this alone. However, I have more faith in god then that so it doesn’t bother me at all.

I can not reconcile the god of the OT with the god of the NT. I’ve tried, my brain and my heart will not allow it. God gave me that brain and that heart so clearly I was not meant to. There are many paths to god, and that one just isn’t mine.

I’ve bowed out of these conversations for the most part for the last couple years, as I realize they will go nowhere. But seeing you so upset... I just wanted you to know that it was unwarranted for you to be. Your fine. God deserves a lot more credit then most give him.
I really appreciated what you did, truly, thank you for that! God knows your heart, and salvation does not hinge on how you feel about the Bible, it hinges on believing in Jesus and that He died for you on the cross to cover all your sin, accepting Him and what He did for you, and giving your heart to Him.
After that He helps you so that everything else He wants to will fall into place through relationship with Him. He can then help you to sort out all the questions you have, but your relationship with Him is the most important!

He gave me scripture specifically for you the other night, and I have asked Him for an opportunity to share it with you,
Matthew 18:12-14
What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray and gets lost, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountain and go in search of the one that is lost?
And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not get lost.
Just so it is not the will of My Father Who is in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost and perish.

Thanks again, I hope this will mean something for you :)

The ultimate fundamentalist failsafe.

“We know the Bible makes zero sense, unless you truly believe”

Don’t you think I’ve tried since I was like was 6? Do you have any idea how bad I used to feel for not feeling anything, for thinking that it was ridiculous? That something was wrong me? I’ve prayed and prayed but nothing happens and I got tired of talking myself. I won’t waste my precious love on something that doesn’t reciprocate.

Eventually I decided I won’t be a slave to a god that doesn’t exist.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Don’t you think I’ve tried since I was like was 6? Do you have any idea how bad I used to feel for not feeling anything, for thinking that it was ridiculous? That something was wrong me? I’ve prayed and prayed but nothing happens and I got tired of talking myself. I won’t waste my precious love on something that doesn’t reciprocate.

From the end of “The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel...

“...Now to you. At the outset I encouraged you to approach the evidence in this book as a fair and impartial juror as much as possible, drawing your conclusions based on the weight of the evidence. In the end the verdict is yours and yours alone. Nobody else can cast the ballot for you. Perhaps after reading expert after expert, listening to argument after argument, seeing the answers to question after question, and testing the evidence with your logic and common sense, you’ve found, as I have, that the case for Christ is conclusive. The believe part of John 1: 12 is firmly in place; all that’s left is to receive Jesus’ grace, and then you’ll become his son or daughter, engaged in a spiritual adventure that can flourish for the rest of your life and into eternity. For you, the time for the experiential step has arrived, and I can’t encourage you more strongly to take that step with enthusiasm.

On the other hand, maybe questions still linger for you. Perhaps I didn’t address the objection that’s uppermost in your mind. Fair enough. No single book can deal with every nuance. However, I trust that the amount of information reported in these pages will at least have convinced you that it’s reasonable—in fact, imperative—to continue your investigation.

Pinpoint where you think the evidence needs to be bolstered and then seek out additional answers from well-respected experts. If you believe you’ve come up with a scenario that better accounts for the facts, be willing to subject it to tough-minded scrutiny. Use the suggested resources in this book to delve deeper.

Study the Bible yourself (one suggestion: The Journey, a special edition of the Bible that’s designed for people who don’t yet believe it’s the word of God). Resolve that you’ll reach a verdict when you’ve gathered a sufficient amount of information, knowing that you’ll never have full resolution of every single issue. You may even want to whisper a prayer to the God who you’re not sure exists, asking him to guide you to the truth about him. And through it all, you’ll have my sincere encouragement as you continue in your spiritual quest. At the same time, I do feel a strong obligation to urge you to make this a front-burner issue in your life.

Don’t approach it casually or flippantly, because there’s a lot riding on your conclusion. As Michael Murphy aptly put it, “We ourselves—and not merely the truth claims—are at stake in the investigation.” In other words, if my conclusion in the case for Christ is correct, your future and eternity hinge on how you respond to Christ.

As Jesus declared, “If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins” (John 8: 24). Those are sober words, offered out of authentic and loving concern. I cite them to underline the magnitude of this matter and in the hope that they will spur you to actively and thoroughly examine the case for Christ.

In the end, however, remember that some options just aren’t viable. The accumulated evidence has already closed them off. Observed C. S. Lewis, the brilliant and once skeptical Cambridge University professor who was eventually won over by evidence for Jesus,

“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic… or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

Damien50

Star

I sympathize with you. I'm always reminded of Thomas not believing Jesus was risen, having faith but no confirmation. Others always say they have seen or felt or heard. I have not. Rather I believe in the morality and the values that are applicable and that while I may never receive confirmation I can't really complain about my life. Most things are my fault and if I'm wrong in any way I'll find out when I die. It has always been for me the other Christians that would leave a bad taste in my mouth and I eventually refused to go to church and read for myself.

Not all my conclusions would people agree with but it wasn't people guiding me to those conclusions either. I have the freedom to believe or not believe and to harass and make snide comments. I did when I was part of a church but not everyone is ready for God and it could be at the last minute, it could be at 12, but I have no reason to not love my neighbor or God as my life isn't bad. Whether you believe or you don't how we chose to live our lives is our prerogative and after a certain point the nastiness just becomes unbearable always being judged

I understand your decision, I can't even fault you for it.

Todd

Star
I sympathize with you. I'm always reminded of Thomas not believing Jesus was risen, having faith but no confirmation. Others always say they have seen or felt or heard. I have not. Rather I believe in the morality and the values that are applicable and that while I may never receive confirmation I can't really complain about my life. Most things are my fault and if I'm wrong in any way I'll find out when I die. It has always been for me the other Christians that would leave a bad taste in my mouth and I eventually refused to go to church and read for myself.

Not all my conclusions would people agree with but it wasn't people guiding me to those conclusions either. I have the freedom to believe or not believe and to harass and make snide comments. I did when I was part of a church but not everyone is ready for God and it could be at the last minute, it could be at 12, but I have no reason to not love my neighbor or God as my life isn't bad. Whether you believe or you don't how we chose to live our lives is our prerogative and after a certain point the nastiness just becomes unbearable always being judged

I understand your decision, I can't even fault you for it.
I believe it takes more faith to walk according to the teachings of Jesus (Love God and love your neighbor as yourself) without having some mystical or emotional experience, or being healed from an ailment or experriencing any other kind of miracle. Faith isn't a feeling...it's trust that leads to action (repentance which is turning 180 degrees and going a different direction). I.e. faith without works is dead. So many that claim to have feelings, mystical experiences or miracles never actually change and bear fruit.

All the emotional and mystical feelings mean nothing if there is not a change in lifestyle, character, integrity (i.e. repentance) and love for others. You don't need to see or feel or hear anyting to change and live according to the teachings of Jesus.

From my own personal experience, I have seen more genuine desire to change and grow in individuals such as @Damien50 and @Colonel Valerio then in most religious people who have the emotional and mystical feelings or supernatual experiences.

Damien50

Star
I believe it takes more faith to walk according to the teachings of Jesus (Love God and love your neighbor as yourself) without having some mystical or emotional experience, or being healed from an ailment or experriencing any other kind of miracle. Faith isn't a feeling...it's trust that leads to action (repentance which is turning 180 degrees and going a different direction). I.e. faith without works is dead. So many that claim to have feelings, mystical experiences or miracles never actually change and bear fruit.

All the emotional and mystical feelings mean nothing if there is not a change in lifestyle, character, integrity (i.e. repentance) and love for others. You don't need to see or feel or hear anyting to change and live according to the teachings of Jesus.

From my own personal experience, I have seen more genuine desire to change and grow in individuals such as @Damien50 and @Colonel Valerio then in most religious people who have the emotional and mystical feelings or supernatual experiences.
It is the loneliness of it all and all you can do is keep going or not. I don't have the desire to go to church, if I want to be prayed for I know who I can ask, if I need help I know who to ask but I don't find spiritual comfort being around others. I don't see the need to correct people, judge them, even talking about people behind their backs gets tiring. I don't have the energy or the mentality for a lot of it anymore. I hate going to work and getting sucked into the B.S.

I hate talking to people and having to read or hear their pettiness, their projected insecurities, the nastiness no matter how it's cloaked. I don't know people and I don't know their situations, I don't love everyone but I don't have the wherewithal to start or participate in it anymore. When I do I get tired thinking back on it wishing I wouldn't have been present for the crap.

I don't usually have anything nice to say but I have less to say than I have before. I don't understand how others don't get tired of it all and just keep perpetuating the same stuff I'm coming to hate more and more. I'd actually rather be lonely in my garden than deal with people and their love for being nasty. People have lost how to communicate and treat others and it's reprehensible.