“Peace to Prosperity”?

Thunderian

Superstar
Isn’t it strange that when the secretary-general of the PLO needs a doctor, he goes to Hadassah Medical in Israel? Leaving aside that It’s a bit like Heinrich Himmler popping over to London for medical attention between bombing campaigns during the Blitz, aren’t the Israelis said to be guilty of poisoning Arafat and untold legions of Palestine’s finest? Why would Saeb Erekat deliver himself up to Israeli doctors like that? And what about BDS? If I was Erekat, I’d be looking for a strongly worded email from Roger Waters.

Unless it’s all been for show, and there is not and never was any need for a war against the Jews, even though one has been waged for 70 years by men who care about as much for the Palestinians as they do for Eskimos. No, that can’t be it.

Thunderian

Superstar
millions of dollars are spent by ISRAELI spy agencies to those who have put their soles on sale for money to spread lies on the internet.
look at this 2011 map (think about how much more land has been illegally and in inhuman ways has been stolen now in 2020) :

Israeli Restrictions on Palestinian Access in the West Bank (July 2011)

Please note that the areas in blue color which belong to the Palestinitans and ruled by (PLO) are occupied by the ISRAELI forces and palestinitans should cross israeli checkpoints to travel between PALESTINIAN cities:

This is all irrelevant now.

Thunderian

Superstar
Isn’t it strange that when the secretary-general of the PLO needs a doctor, he goes to Hadassah Medical in Israel? Leaving aside that It’s a bit like Heinrich Himmler popping over to London for medical attention between bombing campaigns during the Blitz, aren’t the Israelis said to be guilty of poisoning Arafat and untold legions of Palestine’s finest? Why would Saeb Erekat deliver himself up to Israeli doctors like that? And what about BDS? If I was Erekat, I’d be looking for a strongly worded email from Roger Waters.

Unless it’s all been for show, and there is not and never was any need for a war against the Jews, even though one has been waged for 70 years by men who care about as much for the Palestinians as they do for Eskimos. No, that can’t be it.
Reports that Erekat has died of Covid. Guess the Mossad got him after all.

Thunderian

Superstar
Palestinian life is irrelevant now?
Of course that’s not what I said. This is why discussions about this topic go nowhere. There is no misrepresentation of words that’s too bizarre not to be used as a comeback.

If Palestinian lives meant anything to any Palestinian leaders, a peace deal would have been struck years ago. The reality is that you and others are so steeped in lies about this issue that the notion is beyond your comprehension.

Thunderian

Superstar
OK, so a bunch of Jews with help from world powers, all of a sudden, claim that the Palestinian land was theirs 2000 years ago and expel hapless Palestinians, commit massacres and steal their land by force.

YET, it is Palestinians who reject peace.
See what I mean by lies? You actually think that’s how it went down, don’t you?

All of a sudden? Jews have lived in Palestine for thousands and thousands of years. They didn’t suddenly show up and claim the land. They emigrated to their homeland and bought it back.

What world powers helped them? The British had promised to help them, but restricted Jewish immigration to Palestine at the height of the Holocaust. The British, who controlled Palestine, were so helpful that they waged war against Jews there, leading battalions of Arabs in attacks against them, and when when the newly born state of Israel was fighting attacks from the entire Arab world, the rest of the world “helped” Israel by enacting an arms embargo against them. This is all a matter of history.

Yes, Palestinians have rejected peace. They’ve had 70 years to build some semblance of a state, and instead have put all their efforts into trying to kill Jews. Do you think the cost was worth it?

Awoken2

Superstar
What a bizarre comment. This is the last time i'm going to respond to you directly until you start behaving like a rational person.

Actually i pointed you in the direction of a Zionist propaganda site that contains maps of Historic Palestine with borders included. But as we both know you have no interest in looking at the maps or the borders because to do so would mean that your zionist script would be right out the window. The fact is you are trying to steer my comments into a place where you can produce said zionist script and act like you're a font of knowledge but we both know that A) You never bother to check out the facts in your script and B) anything that i show that contradicts your script will be ignored until we eventually get to the point where you act like a spoiled brat and start shouting "Jew Hater" and C) you're clueless on the subject. In fact so clueless are you that you didn't even know that Israel demands the Palestinians recognise them as a 'Jewish State' . So go ahead, just start the name calling because i'm not falling for your nonsense or your muddying of the waters. Besides that, i'm not even sure what your claim is concerning Historic Palestine. Indeed i'm not even sure why you commented at me in the first place as you don't seem to disagree with the point i made (although your tone would suggest otherwise) and consequently your own ramblings seem to back up what i said (although you wont be able to connect those dots). So summing up...don't try and get sneaky with me. We will play your silly game when i decide i want to play your silly game.

Good for you.

Pure delusion. Where have i mentioned anything of that nature here? It seems like the simple mention of Historic Palestine has got your feathers ruffled...Should i expect another meltdown from you soon?

Historic Palestine! What happens now? Hey, if i say it 3Xs will the ghost of Ariel Sharon appear? Lets see. Historic Palestine! Historic Palestine! Historic Palestine!

In light of your new love of cartography

£P
Best thing I've read all day. Well and truly owned.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
In a call with Netanyahu and the leaders of Sudan, Trump has just announced that Sudan will be the third country making peace with Israel and normalizing relations as part of the Abraham Accords. This is momentous news, largely because Sudan has historically been governed by Islamists with the stated goal of destroying the Jewish state. Sudan's acquiescence means virtually all of the more moderate Gulf countries have political cover to move forward themselves.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Several more Arab and Muslim countries are set to normalize ties with Israel, but only after the election next week, US President Donald Trump said at Joint Base Andrews on Tuesday. Asked if any more countries are on the way, after Israel established diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Sudan in recent months, Trump said: “We have five, but probably nine or 10 right in the mix. We’ll have a lot. I think we’ll have all of them.”

Trump later added: “We have five definite.

”Progress on that front will be “largely after” the election next Tuesday, Trump added, speaking to the press before boarding Air Force One on the way to the first of three campaign rallies in the American Midwest.

“We’re doing a lot of work right now. I’m involved in all these deals,” he said. “We have peace in the Middle East with no money and no blood.”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Bribery, blackmail and friendship with tyrannical dictators sure works!
Or could it be that many nations in the Arab world are pivoting away from the apocalyptic Islam and state sponsored terror operations of the Iranian regime and of Erdogan’s dreams of the revived Ottoman Empire and simply wanting something different?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Deciphering the American Election
Domestic trouble and strife contrasts with peace process abroad

November 6, 2020 | Charles Gardner
American election

Olivier Fitoussi/Flash90

In trying to pay my annual membership subscription to an Israeli news site, I hit a brick wall – twice. The technology refused to work, which about sums up the world’s political climate at the moment.

And yet there is a focus on Israel as never before, but nobody has been able to work out a solution. Except, it seems, a much vilified businessman vying for re-election as U.S. President.

When all is said and done, and the inevitable battery of insults have been traded, and protestors have run out of steam, the question needs to be asked. What has this election been all about, and why has it produced the kind of trouble and strife not seen since the aftermath of the American Civil War?

It’s clearly because so much is at stake, and a battle of the ages has commenced that could well usher in the return of our Lord and Saviour – a classic conflict between good and evil, between the children of darkness and the people of God, as Catholic Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano put it in his open letter to the President, in which he also warned of an emerging so-called Great Reset and New World Order justified by the Covid pandemic.

The blindness to the bigger picture behind what the mainstream media paint becomes obvious once you start interpreting the social and geo-political changes we are seeing from a biblical point of view.

For centuries, Christians around the world have prayed for the peace of Jerusalem, as they are commanded in Scripture (Psalm 122:6). And all of a sudden, the intractable Israeli-Palestinian debacle takes on a whole new light as a succession of Arab countries begin normalising diplomatic relations with their former enemy.

An unprecedented peace process has well and truly trumped the many pundits who were predicting mass protests and violence from the Palestinians. Mr Trump has almost singlehandedly changed the game by taking the ball of contention out of the hands of the chief protagonists.

The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and others are seeing the pragmatic sense of looking to their own interests rather than blindly pursuing a hostile policy that has yet to produce any lasting fruit.

Meanwhile nations, though waiting to see which way the wind blows, are lining up to move their embassies to Jerusalem in recognising the city as Israel’s ancient capital, following the bold lead taken by President Trump early on in his term.

The new Arab-Israeli deals are a part-fulfilment of Isaiah’s prophecy of a highway of peace in the region (Isa 19:23-25) and a sneak preview, surely, of the time when the Prince of Peace, Jesus the Jewish Messiah, places his feet on the Mount of Olives and brings an end to war (Zech 14:4, Acts 1:11). And yet what deep divisions arise when such apocalyptic issues are at stake.

If your focus is limited to domestic politics, you will not see the wood for the trees. Yet even in this realm (and I’m not saying he’s a saint), Mr Trump has dared to oppose the mass slaughter of innocent, unborn babies, which doesn’t seem to worry his opponents one iota.

But a clue to the bigger picture was the sight in Gaza of Palestinians burning images of Donald Trump alongside those of Lord Arthur Balfour. Who? Exactly. He was the man behind the so-called Balfour Declaration of 1917 who, as British Foreign Secretary, promised that his government would do all in its power to re-settle the dispersed Jewish people in their ancient land.

Flash90

Palestinians burn images of Donald Trump alongside those of Lord Arthur Balfour earlier this week in Gaza to mark the anniversary of the Balfour Declaration.

To the intense chagrin of Arab opponents in particular, and left-wing politicians in general, this has been the focus of conflict ever since – something that will continue (despite valiant peace efforts along the way) until Jesus returns after an alliance of nations attack Israel from the north and are soundly defeated at Armageddon (Ezek 38, Rev 16).

One of the greatest ironies of all this is that, while most Israelis see Trump as a firm friend they wish to stay in the White House, most of America’s five million Jews support Biden (70% according to the latest poll), following in the Democratic tradition of Jewish Americans, who define themselves as liberals and identify with the party’s economic and social values.

You could argue that their position reflects more concern for their own comfort than for their ultimate destiny in the Land itself. For Biden was Vice-President to Barack Obama, perceived by many as the most anti-Israel President in US history.

Judging by the warring tribes in America, peace still seems far off. But don’t despair. Jesus has a word of encouragement for his followers when they see the world in turmoil as we are seeing today. Talking with his disciples about a time when nations would be “in anguish and perplexity” and “people will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world…”, Jesus explained: “At that time, they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” (Luke 21:25-28)

If you are not yet a Christian, it’s not too late to put that right. Turn to him now. He will be there for you! He says: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”(Matt 11:28)

Millions can attest to the truth of an old hymn based on this theme, which includes these lines: “I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn and sad, I found in him a resting place, and he has made me glad.” (Horatius Bonar, 1808-1889)

Last edited: