“Peace to Prosperity”?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Will repeated compromises lead to repeated prophetic fulfillments? It will not be the first time in the history of the Jews that they have cried “peace and safety” the moment before destruction came.

Isaiah 31~ King James Version
31 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord!

Is the leadership of modern Israel looking to the Lord for their security right now, or to themselves and their alliances? Prophets from 27 centuries ago spoke to Israel then, but God has not changed and neither has the human heart. I listened to this message earlier and it may be that Israel may yet regret the compromises it is making for “peace”.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The peace deal brokered by the United States between UAE-Israel and Bahrain has one clause embedded in the joint-statement that is expected to bring a lot of heat from the Palestinians. A clause included rather cleverly in the recent accords between Israel and Gulf Arab states indicates that the Jews will now be allowed to pray in the disputed compound of the Al-Aqsa mosque.

The joint statement released between the US, Israel, and the UAE on August 13 by US President Donald Trump reads as follows: “As set forth in the Vision of Peace, all Muslims who come in peace may visit and pray at the Al-Aqsa Mosque and Jerusalem’s other holy sites should remain open for peaceful worshippers of all faiths.”

The last part of the statement ‘Jersulaem’s other holy sites should remain open for peaceful worshippers of all faiths’ has caused heartburn to the radicals as the Jews will now be able to pray inside the Noble Sanctuary of Al-Aqsa, including, the Dome of the Rock Mosque and a number of other places within the walls of the old Haram.
The Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount is central to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with Palestinians fearing Israel may one day seek to assert further control over it. Presently, Jews are allowed to visit but not pray there to avoid provoking tensions.

Under the status quo affirmed in 1967, only Muslims can pray within al-Haram al-Sharif, also known as the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, which consists of 14 hectares (35 acres).

Explained by TFI earlier, the Mosque is built atop the Temple Mount- the holiest Judaism site in the world built by King Solomon. The First Temple was destroyed in 586 BC by the Babylonians and the reconstructed temple known as the Second Temple was again destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. Yet the site of the Temple remained as the venue of Jewish prayers.

As for Muslims, the Al-Aqsa Mosque is the third holiest Islamic site in the world. According to the Quran, Prophet Muhammad had landed on the top of the mount en route his journey to heaven. Today, the Temple Mount is administered by an Islamic Waqf, but Israel controls the access to the disputed venue.

Al-Aqsa is presently governed by an Islamic trust and thousands of Muslims regularly pray there, whereas Jews pray at the Western wall, which sits below the Al-Aqsa Mosque and is considered a remnant of the Second Temple destroyed in 70 AD.

However, with the aforementioned clause being slipped in very intentionally by the USA and having the backing of UAE, Bahrain, and Israel–the Jews will have the right to worship in the Temple mount too. To a layman, the clause can be explicitly interpreted as, “Anything on the Mount that is not the structure of the mosque is defined as ‘one of Jerusalem’s other holy sites’ and open to prayer by all – including Jews”

The right of Muslims have been confined to the Al-Aqsa Mosque only and Jews can finally pray near the foundation stone that lies to the other side of the Western Wall.

US President Donald Trump’s “Deal of the Century” brought the Emiratis and Israel on the same table and they were able to find a solution to the complex issue of the holy praying site. It’s up to the Muslims on the other side to accept this order and move on or otherwise, this issue continues to drag further.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar

Thunderian

Superstar
I thought trump said there were 9 waiting to normalize relations. We already have 3 (I think it’s 3 so far..could be wrong) so 6 more if that’s the case?
Saudi Arabia is the big one. After them, the others will come in.

Lisa

Superstar
Saudi Arabia is the big one. After them, the others will come in.
No doubt about that. Wonder what they need to iron out to make that happen? Change it so that Jews can go to Mecca and Medina too?

Thunderian

Superstar
The point was that if they are gonna get flight to and from and be able to visit each other’s countries ..will Jews be allowed into those cities too?
I’m not sure about Medina, but Mecca is Muslim-only.

Lisa

Superstar
I’m not sure about Medina, but Mecca is Muslim-only.
This is what I found out about Medina..

Non-muslims are allowed to enter Saudi Arabia freely.
However, they are prohibited from entering two areas:
  1. The entire city of Makkah.
  2. The city of Medina, except for the outskirts (most notably, the area around the airport and its surroundings). They are strictly prohibited near the center of the city, near the areas of the Prophet's Mosque. There is a large cluster of hotels around this area as well - to deal with the steady stream of visitors to the Mosque.
There are various checkpoints around these areas and documents are checked at random

Thunderian

Superstar
This is what I found out about Medina..

Non-muslims are allowed to enter Saudi Arabia freely.
However, they are prohibited from entering two areas:
  1. The entire city of Makkah.
  2. The city of Medina, except for the outskirts (most notably, the area around the airport and its surroundings). They are strictly prohibited near the center of the city, near the areas of the Prophet's Mosque. There is a large cluster of hotels around this area as well - to deal with the steady stream of visitors to the Mosque.
There are various checkpoints around these areas and documents are checked at random
Still doesn’t answer the question of why Jews would want to go to either place. I’m sure lots of people would go just to see such historic places, but I don’t think that’s a hill anyone’s willing to die on.

Lisa

Superstar
Still doesn’t answer the question of why Jews would want to go to either place. I’m sure lots of people would go just to see such historic places, but I don’t think that’s a hill anyone’s willing to die on.
I was just wondering how far that peace treaty goes.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The US President, Donald Trump, addressed the UN General Assembly on Tuesday and voiced optimism that more peace agreements in the Middle East are possible. As the General Debate is taking place mostly virtually this year due to COVID-19, The President delivered his speech from the White House.

The first part of Trump’s speech was mostly focused on the pandemic, and he sharply criticized China for its response to the virus.

The President addressed the recent agreements that the White House brokered, such as the economic agreement between Serbia and Kosovo, and the historic Abraham Accords between Israel, the United Arab Emirates, and Bahrain. Trump said that there are “many other Middle Eastern countries to come.”

“They are coming fast, and they know it's great for them, and it's great for the world,” he continued. “These groundbreaking peace deals are the dawn of the new middle East... we intend to deliver more peace agreements shortly, and I have never been more optimistic for the future of the region. There is no blood in the sand. Those days are hopefully over.”