“Meditation in a Toolshed”, “The Externalisation of the Hierarchy” and the blindfolded taste challenge

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I got to thinking as you (do sometimes on holiday) about some of the diverse ideas I have come across and what they reveal about the nature of things. Perhaps taking each jigsaw piece at a time and examining it might help make some sense of their relationship...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Meditation in a Toolshed

C. S. Lewis

I was standing today in the dark toolshed. The sun was shining outside and through the crack at the top of the door there came a sunbeam. From where I stood that beam of light, with the specks of dust floating in it, was the most striking thing in the place. Everything else was almost pitch-black. I was seeing the beam, not seeing things by it.

Then I moved, so that the beam fell on my eyes. Instantly the whole previous picture vanished. I saw no toolshed, and (above all) no beam. Instead I saw, framed in the irregular cranny at the top of the door, green leaves moving on the branches of a tree outside and beyond that, 90 odd million miles away, the sun. Looking along the beam, and looking at the beam are very different experiences.

But this is only a very simple example of the difference between looking at and looking along. A young man meets a girl. The whole world looks different when he sees her. Her voice reminds him of something he has been trying to remember all his life, and ten minutes casual chat with her is more precious than all the favours that all other women in the world could grant. lie is, as they say, “in love”. Now comes a scientist and describes this young man's experience from the outside. For him it is all an affair of the young man's genes and a recognised biological stimulus. That is the dif- ference between looking along the sexual impulse and looking at it.

When you have got into the habit of making this distinction you will find examples of it all day long. The mathematician sits thinking, and to him it seems that he is contemplating timeless and spaceless truths about quantity. But the cerebral physiologist, if he could look inside the mathematician's head, would find nothing timeless and spaceless there - only tiny movements in the grey matter. The savage dances in ecstasy at midnight before Nyonga and feels with every muscle that his dance is helping to bring the new green crops and the spring rain and the babies. The anthropologist, observing that savage, records that he is performing a fertility ritual of the type so- and-so. The girl cries over her broken doll and feels that she has lost a real friend; the psychologist says that her nascent maternal instinct has been temporarily lavished on a bit of shaped and coloured wax.

As soon as you have grasped this simple distinction, it raises a question. You get one experience of a thing when you look along it and another when you look at it. Which is the “true” or “valid” experience? Which tells you most about the thing? And you can hardly ask that question without noticing that for the last fifty years or so everyone has been taking the answer for granted. It has been assumed without discussion that if you want the true account of religion you must go, not to religious people, but to anthropologists; that if you want the true account of sexual love you must go, not to lovers, but to psychologists; that if you want to understand some “ideology” (such as medieval chivalry or the nineteenth-century idea of a “gentleman”), you must listen not to those who lived inside it, but to sociologists.

The people who look at things have had it all their own way; the people who look along things have simply been brow-beaten. It has even come to be taken for granted that the external account of a thing somehow refutes or “debunks” the account given from inside. “All these moral ideals which look so transcendental and beautiful from inside”, says the wiseacre, “are really only a mass of biological instincts and inherited taboos.” And no one plays the game the other way round by replying, “If you will only step inside, the things that look to you like instincts and taboos will suddenly reveal their real and transcendental nature.”

~ extract from “Meditation in a Toolshed” by C.S. Lewis

I quote the above because the nature of Christian Faith is one that can be examined from the outside, like the beam of light, but one must come into that light to appreciate its true nature...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The Externalisation of the Hierachy

A.A. Bailey

"It is these Mysteries which Christ will restore upon His reappearance," Alice Bailey reveals, "thus reviving the churches in a new form, and restoring the hidden Mystery." (The Reappearance of the Christ, pg. 122).​

Bailey is giving these “revelations” by her channeled Master Djwhal Khul — a disembodied “Ascended Master.” Her “Christ” is indeed the Antichrist in the strictest sense of the word. Antichrist means substitute for or in place of Christ. She goes on to say that,

“These ancient Mysteries were originally given to humanity by the Hierarchy [of which Djwhal Khul is a part of] and contain the entire clue to the evolutionary process, hidden in numbers, in ritual, in words and in symbology; these veil the secret of man's origin and destiny, picturing to him in rite and ritual, the long, long path which he must tread, back into the light.” (ibid, p.121-22).​

You don’t have to have spent long on the VC website to notice that much of the media control we have now is single mindedly in pursuit of putting occult concepts and symbolism out in to the public space of music, film, fashion etc...

@VigilantCitizen does a fantastic job of revealing the “what”, but leaves the “why” open to discussion.

I have posted this question in the religious forum so that all relevant material might be taken into consideration, including Biblical quotes etc if required.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The reason why I posted extracts from two unlike texts is because something really struck me this morning. That something was the way that a “taste challenge” works...

Take this one from a popular UK budget brand* (*other budget brands are available ;-)

Here the blindfolded person is invited to set aside their natural disdain for a cheaper brand and consider the evidence of their senses in comparing which flavour is the most agreeable...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The reason for all this preamble is for this observation which people are welcome to agree with, dispute or ignore. For some I suspect I may be stating the obvious, but I have come to realise that what might be an obvious idea to me is not necessarily comprehensible to someone with a very different starting point...

The Christian Faith is one which can be examined from the outside by way of apologetics, evidence, research, consideration of doctrines etc... just like the extract from “Meditation in a Toolshed”, this examination, or even approval of certain qualities of an observed faith is NOT the same as the experience of that faith from within the light.

The problem for people is that to come into that light involved danger. Our very nature as dwellers in the darkness is exposed and we are forced to look at ourselves as perceive what we truly are.

In the other hand, in contrast to our examined beam of light in the Toolshed, without being open about the spiritual source of the esoteric concepts, the “Externalisation of the Hierarchy” in a thousand ways invites people to regard themselves as “spiritual” whilst nothing actually changes in their spiritual condition!

The Bible teaches that we, by our fallen, sinful nature are enemies of God. We need to be reconciled to God. However, in truth, our own sinful hearts are far more drawn to the comforting black and white checkerboard of Freemasonry that asks nothing of us than the pure light of the Father, which demands “my soul, my life, my all”.

In this way the “taste challenge” of our present culture invites people to experience Lucifer’s own brand product, with the hope that when the blindfold is removed, new “spiritual brand loyalties” can be established.

Evidence from this forum indicates that at least to a certain extent, that marketing strategy works.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Perhaps the darling of the “Externalisation” project is... Harry Potter!

ACD398D2-CBA2-4709-BA1C-F96CE3BF68AE.jpeg

Not liking Harry is like not liking ice cream - it puts you in a minority, and kids look at you mistrustfully, but as I started to dig into the sources for the story, there was more than met the eye (or the eye shaped “deathly hallows” symbol)...

http://harrypotterforseekers.com

elsbet

Superstar
SCIENCE... so called.
It has been assumed without discussion that if you want the true account of religion you must go, not to religious people, but to anthropologists---> ... you must listen not to those who lived inside it, but to sociologists.
Removing the spiritual aspect from the spiritual experiences of spiritual beings (that would be us)-- the view is, of course, flat, dull, or off-putting, when presented devoid of its most important component. Another brilliant move.

That it has been assumed without discussion is beyond unfortunate. Maybe because so much contempt has accompanied it.. ? The poor savage doesn't know any better.. the condescending voice-over laments. On the contrary, the poor savage is privvy to something the ignorant anthropologist is not, as you pointed out.

An interesting article I just read on genetics highlights the objective, scientific view, from without-- politically speaking, though, it includes commentary fairly irrelevant to the topic, and misleading, to boot-- it has a liberal bent.* But it is an interesting article, nonetheless-- we all knew Ozzy Osbourne was a gifted mutant, right? So it's a good read on more than one point, I think.

OZZY OSBOURNE IS A GENETIC MUTANT
DNA RESEARCH PROVES

* What the article doesn't tell you:

The AMYGDALA is not solely responsible for fear response; it is also thought to "... include assigning positive value to stimuli in the environment as well as aiding in the consolidation of memories that have some strong emotional component---whether that component be positive or negative." LINK

The "ACC may also be involved in monitoring painful social situations as well, such as exclusion or rejection... the detection and monitoring of social situations which may cause social/emotional pain.." LINK

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This just came up in my YouTube feed, and as it was one of the subjects of this thread, I thought I might share it..,

As you reference them everywhere, why don't you ever actually talk about the ideas, concepts and contents of these two books. Why do you only mention them?
Could it be that you haven't read them?

elsbet

Superstar
As you reference them everywhere, why don't you ever actually talk about the ideas, concepts and contents of these two books. Why do you only mention them?
Could it be that you haven't read them?
Hoping to derail with evermore arbitrary (and what is painfully obvious) nonsense? :D

Hoping to derail with evermore arbitrary (and what is painfully obvious) nonsense? :D
Derail what? you're the one derailing, you replied to me for the purpose of saying absolutely nothing when I was asking a question not to you, but to Red Sky at Morning :rolleyes:

I'll do you a deal, I'll let you off the hook if you provide the insight that Red isn't. How about you explain the concepts and ideas of these books? instead of pretending you understand what they say :rolleyes: (and I do mean explain, not just paste something without understanding it)

I know that however, you Elsbet, do not care because you're never here for discussion.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Derail what? you're the one derailing, you replied to me for the purpose of saying absolutely nothing when I was asking a question not to you, but to Red Sky at Morning :rolleyes:

I'll do you a deal, I'll let you off the hook if you provide the insight that Red isn't. How about you explain the concepts and ideas of these books? instead of pretending you understand what they say :rolleyes: (and I do mean explain, not just paste something without understanding it)

I know that however, you Elsbet, do not care because you're never here for discussion.
Do you feel that I have misunderstood the spiritual character of Blavatsky and Bailey? Do the commentaries on their work I provided above misrepresent their works? Just curious...

Do you feel that I have misunderstood the spiritual character of Blavatsky and Bailey? Do the commentaries on their work I provided above misrepresent their works? Just curious...
You haven't mentioned Blavatsky anywhere, lol.

As for Bailey, just like C.S. Lewis (why did you leave him out? of your reply?), you're referencing their books but not saying anything about the contents, the concepts, ideas etc of the books. I find it a strange trait in your posts.
If you're attempting to say something about something, it'd help to...umm...say something.

Is it that you are trying to be as vague as possible and expect the rest of the people in the thread to automatically understand what you are trying to say, or what you think these books are trying to say, without expressing what exactly is going on?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is it that you are trying to be as vague as possible and expect the rest of the people in the thread to automatically understand what you are trying to say, or what you think these books are trying to say, without expressing what exactly is going on?
Not at all, I referenced “Meditation in a Toolshed” earlier because it draws out the difference between looking at and looking along. I added the CS Lewis doodle because I take things in better in an audio/visual way rather than plain text. As such, the video above was only added as a footnote to the OP(s)...

BAB2DFFD-8166-45DA-8DA8-3E38C52B0AAF.jpeg

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar

Start your own thread, featuring your New Topic, first.

Thanks!