“How does the thief on the cross fit into your theology?”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Caryl Matrisciana explores the incursion of New Age deception into the church. As she was once very much drawn in herself, her perspective is worth hearing…

Axl888

Established
The thief on the cross was actually saved from the beginning.

The elect is predestined to be saved from the beginning, all of them are sinners, some were very sinful, others sinned less, but at some point in their life God will call them to repentance and be saved. Nobody can snatch the elect away from God, not even themselves.

Now you and I may ask, am I saved? Am I part of the elect? Only God knows!!! And why do I say this? Case in point, the sinful thief on the cross, people back then would certainly say (even himself) that he is already condemned to hell, but upon repentance was in fact saved through God's grace in the last minutes/hours before he died, Judas Iscariot on the other hand, who was one of the apostles but later betrayed Jesus Christ and then hanged himself ultimately condemning his soul to hell.

So for me, I would say I am still fighting the good fight, still running the race, and still keeping the faith. When I have finished the race, then I would know that I am saved.

I know people would disagree but that is fine with me.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The thief on the cross was actually saved from the beginning.

The elect is predestined to be saved from the beginning, all of them are sinners, some were very sinful, others sinned less, but at some point in their life God will call them to repentance and be saved. Nobody can snatch the elect away from God, not even themselves.

Now you and I may ask, am I saved? Am I part of the elect? Only God knows!!! And why do I say this? Case in point, the sinful thief on the cross, people back then would certainly say (even himself) that he is already condemned to hell, but upon repentance was in fact saved through God's grace in the last minutes/hours before he died, Judas Iscariot on the other hand, who was one of the apostles but later betrayed Jesus Christ and then hanged himself ultimately condemning his soul to hell.

So for me, I would say I am still fighting the good fight, still running the race, and still keeping the faith. When I have finished the race, then I would know that I am saved.

I know people would disagree but that is fine with me.
I used to get hot under the collaron the Calvinist / Arminian debate, but I have come to the view that “I am saved, I am being saved and I will be saved”. All of these sentiments are expressed in scripture, and I can’t imagine a day I might wake up and now want to live for Jesus.

Eternal life and joy start now.

#oldsongfromparentsrecordcollection