“All of our righteousness is as filthy rags” ~ Isaiah 64:6

Chiming in here, lets not complicate Gods words. I believe if one has strong faith in God and his Son’s role in our lives and if we truly seek God freeing ourselves from evil as much as possible repenting and reflecting often, knowing we are undeserving and unworthy sinners and trying to live righteously and in accordance with the Bible daily we will be rewarded with the gift of eternal life. We are a representation of God born in his image and likeness. We must act as children of God with virtue and integrity and spread his awesome message. Love and forgive your enemies. Amen

Belief in Jesus ought to be a great benefit but as is evident from a lot of christians today... they stop there.
You know dude, we usually don't agree about stuff but this is somewhere that we see eye-to-eye.
All belief-alone does is create psychological obsession based around certainty, it distracts from the ability to be a righteous person.
Belief has it's aspect but to hinge the finality and essential state of one's own soul on the idea of the beliefs of the ego is completely nonsensical (and in my opinion, completely worthy of all the ridicule it gets, but I will not do that here)

Theology that places belief-alone over everything else prevents the salvation of many and causes a lot of Christians to leave the religion itself because of how empty that idea is.
This comes back to the issue of nihilism itself because the idea of being born into this world only to believe something makes one's entire existence meaningless if you're only here to have some children and believe the perceived correct beliefs. There has to be more to our existence than only believing things, but all things have their place.
The function of being, the function of God's creation of man and the function of revelation all have different aspects to this, but so does the idea of day-to-day life.
Ultimately I think that belief-alone (also called 'sola fide') is just closet capitalism. Same ideology, different context, same culture, same ends.

Source: I say this all as a very strong-Monotheist (meaning the concept of Atheism is nonexistent for me).

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
That has nothing to do with what I said.

What made them righteous was their Faith-- take Abraham:

And (Abram) believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.​

GENESIS 15:5-7
You pick a person who God had a special relationship with and generalise that to fit all people.

Of course Abraham was righteous to put his trust in God.

What made them righteous was their Faith-- take Abraham:

"Look now toward the sky, and count the stars, if you are able to count them."​

And (God) said to him, "So will your descendants be."​

And (Abram) believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.​

GENESIS 15:5-7

So this person in the hypothetical--

one who doesn't believe in Jesus

but is not in sin ?​

-- still would not qualify (if he existed). :/
It truly does puzzle me why you quoted that. Here's the full passage:

After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield,
your very great reward.”
But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”
Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.”
He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

- Genesis 15:1-6

This is a Prophet being quoted who was literally contacted by God and given commands and decrees. There is no connection to the concept of 'believing in'. The concept doesn't apply to the Prophets, there is no belief because they have a direct 'phone-line' to God.
Abram (Abraham) here was commanded things and it states in the verse you quoted that he understood and was to take action on those commands. Nowhere is the idea of Abram just "believing" in the idea or concept of God part of this passage, it is his direct experience of God in his quoted vision. The word "Believed" in it's usage here clearly denotes TRUST. ("Abram trusted the Lord").
The passage is more than clear what it is saying.

TokiEl

Superstar
This section of Romans 10 brings before us the answer to the most frequently asked questions we hear, especially from non-Christians. That question is, "What happens to all the people who never hear about Jesus?" That question in phrased in a variety of forms, but basically it is the expressed concern of many -- especially when they hear Christians talking about the uniqueness of Jesus. When we say, as Paul so strongly says in this passage, that Jesus is Lord and it is only through him that men come to God, immediately it raises the question, "Well, what about those who never hear of Jesus?" We are going to come to the answer to that in Verses 14-21 of Romans 10. In the first part of Chapter 10, the apostle said that in order for any individual person to be salvaged from the wreck of humanity, he must call upon the name of the Lord. Notice how Paul quotes the prophet Joel in Verse 13:

...everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; (Joel 2:32a)

Well, how do you do that? How do you call on the name of the Lord?

https://www.raystedman.org/new-testament/romans/have-they-not-heard

You have heard though...
The Jews have heard.

They have the words of God... so they should know better.

TokiEl

Superstar
You know dude, we usually don't agree about stuff but this is somewhere that we see eye-to-eye.
All belief-alone does is create psychological obsession based around certainty, it distracts from the ability to be a righteous person.
Belief has it's aspect but to hinge the finality and essential state of one's own soul on the idea of the beliefs of the ego is completely nonsensical (and in my opinion, completely worthy of all the ridicule it gets, but I will not do that here)

Theology that places belief-alone over everything else prevents the salvation of many and causes a lot of Christians to leave the religion itself because of how empty that idea is.
This comes back to the issue of nihilism itself because the idea of being born into this world only to believe something makes one's entire existence meaningless if you're only here to have some children and believe the perceived correct beliefs. There has to be more to our existence than only believing things, but all things have their place.
The function of being, the function of God's creation of man and the function of revelation all have different aspects to this, but so does the idea of day-to-day life.
Ultimately I think that belief-alone (also called 'sola fide') is just closet capitalism. Same ideology, different context, same culture, same ends.

Source: I say this all as a very strong-Monotheist (meaning the concept of Atheism is nonexistent for me).
Believe is live by.

One cannot claim to believe if one does not live by what one believe.

That's what Jesus said.

elsbet

Superstar
It truly does puzzle me why you quoted that. Here's the full passage:

After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield,
your very great reward.”
But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”
Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.”
He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
Abram believed the Lord, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

- Genesis 15:1-6

This is a Prophet being quoted who was literally contacted by God and given commands and decrees. There is no connection to the concept of 'believing in'. The concept doesn't apply to the Prophets, there is no belief because they have a direct 'phone-line' to God.
Abram (Abraham) here was commanded things and it states in the verse you quoted that he understood and was to take action on those commands. Nowhere is the idea of Abram just "believing" in the idea or concept of God part of this passage, it is his direct experience of God in his quoted vision. The word "Believed" in it's usage here clearly denotes TRUST. ("Abram trusted the Lord").
The passage is more than clear what it is saying.
Not in your opinion, anyway.

The delusional christians answer that the one who believe in Jesus but is in sin not only got a shot at salvation but is assured salvation.

This is how ridiculous modern christendom has become.

And the poor man who is not in sin will go to Hell according to those same delusionals... simply for not beliving in Jesus.

It angers me that those who call themselves after God's name think that good guys go to Hell while bad guys go to Heaven.
We are not worried about your anger, we were worried about God's anger of which has been waiting until the son's of God have been finished, and then the wrath of God. I tell you Toki that God will judge ALL men. And a worse judgment to those who preach and teach another Gospel. Our works are as filthy rags until God created in us a new man to do good works on His behalf....Something you just do not understand...Until you take a truthful look at yourself as we did, you can not see God's grace....Once I was blind, but now I can see (Amazing Grace)

TokiEl

Superstar
We are not worried about your anger, we were worried about God's anger of which has been waiting until the son's of God have been finished, and then the wrath of God. I tell you Toki that God will judge ALL men. And a worse judgment to those who preach and teach another Gospel. Our works are as filthy rags until God created in us a new man to do good works on His behalf....Something you just do not understand...Until you take a truthful look at yourself as we did, you can not see God's grace....Once I was blind, but now I can see (Amazing Grace)
God's grace is to pay the price for our sins.

So anybody can repent and be forgiven.

This is the Gospel.

So anybody can repent and be forgiven.
Repentence is agreeing with God and being sorry for your sins....But being sorry for your sins is not regeneration, Regeneration is what God does to the truly repented person who ask God into His life. Toki, Have you asked the Lord into your heart and followed Him in baptism?

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Repentence is agreeing with God and being sorry for your sins....But being sorry for your sins is not regeneration, Regeneration is what God does to the truly repented person who ask God into His life. Toki, Have you asked the Lord into heart and followed Him in baptism?
Luke 24 46And He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Why do you think i can interpret prophecies dog ?

Luke 24 46And He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

Why do you think i can interpret prophecies dog ?
You can not interpret prophecy.

TokiEl

Superstar
You can not interpret prophecy.
Toki, A dog is more faithful and loyal to their masters then men who pervert the Gospel like you do of our master, The Lord. The slander of His people falls upon Him also.
Are you not an irreverent dog ?

While i am interpreting prophecies and opening the Scriptures... you have been hurling passive aggressive insults at me.

Is that not the behaviour of a dog Doug ?

Are you not an irreverent dog ?

While i am interpreting prophecies and opening the Scriptures... you have been hurling passive aggressive insults at me.

Is that not the behaviour of a dog Doug ?
No it's not Toki, nor is your character of that of someone who was born again. What you call as insults is me contending for the faith, which always insults the self willed and prideful.

No it's not Toki, nor is your character of that of someone who was born again. What you call as insults is me contending for the faith, which always insults the self willed and prideful.
This philosophy and doctrine of yours will not be allowed on the ARK, and it's about to be filled up.