“All of our righteousness is as filthy rags” ~ Isaiah 64:6

TokiEl

Superstar
The delusional christians answer that the one who believe in Jesus but is in sin not only got a shot at salvation but is assured salvation.

This is how ridiculous modern christendom has become.

And the poor man who is not in sin will go to Hell according to those same delusionals... simply for not beliving in Jesus.

It angers me that those who call themselves after God's name think that good guys go to Hell while bad guys go to Heaven.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Righteous persons don't need to be saved... but unrighteous persons need to be saved.

How does an unrighteous person get saved ? By being forgiven and converted into a righteous person.

Why can God so easily forgive sins ? Because Jesus Christ paid the price for sins.

Why can God so easily convert people ? Because of the Holy spirit.

TokiEl

Superstar
It sounds very doctrine .
Faith is correct doctrine.

If you don't have correct doctrine... you don't have faith.

Luke 18 7Will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry out to Him day and night? Will He continue to defer their help? 8I tell you, He will promptly carry out justice on their behalf. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?

There are about a billion people who believe in Jesus... so faith is obviously not about beliving in Him.

It's about the correct Christian doctrine.

Truly who got the correct Christian doctrine today ?

The Catholic church ? The Greek orthodox church ? The Mormons ? The Jah church ? The Jehovah's witnesses ? The American mega churches ?

Nobody got the correct doctrine today and so nobody got faith.

As He said.

So He is coming soon...

Last edited:

Robin

Veteran
So how do you plot to earn salvation ?
It's not something I can earn, that's just the thing. The bible makes it clear that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life. I believe on him.

Galatians 2:20-21
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."

I don't attribute my salvation to righteous deeds but I pray that I work them through the Holy Spirit so I may honour God's laws. I don't think the message of Grace is free licence to sin - the whole point of salvation is being free from the slavery of sin in the first place.

Robin

Veteran
Please explain Matthew 25:31-46 in light of this contention.
How is that contradictory to believing we cannot earn salvation? There are people who are staunch atheists who are far more generous and giving than some Christians though they may vehemently reject Jesus. I genuinely believe that If you are saved and filled with the Holy Spirit then you will be led to do the work the NT describes as true religion -i.e. taking care of the poor and needy, widows and orphans. It's supposed to be a complete transformation and inner change. That's supposed to be our most powerful testimony.

How do you reconcile the eternal fire part with your belief if I may ask?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Romans 6:23 is talking about all men dying because of sin and all men being resurrected. The single largest confusion in Christianity is that most Christians think eternal life/resurrection and salvation are the same thing. They are not.

Salvation is being freed from the power of sin. Resurrection is God raising up all men in the ages to come. Some to the life of the ages (those who were freed from the power of sin in this lifetime) and some to have their place in the lake of fire (where they too will eventually be freed from the power of sin).
and some to have their place in the lake of fire (where they too will eventually be freed from the power of sin).
Please show me where in the Bible it says that those who go into the lake of fire will be freed from the power of sin?

The Bible does not contradict itself. It is very clear that those who will go to hell (which is the lake of fire) will die eternally/perish in their sin. That is because they did not repent and submit completely to Christ when they had the chance to.

Psalm 37:10, "For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more."

Proverbs 10:25, "When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more, But the righteous has an everlasting foundation."

Malachi 4:1-3, “For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up,” Says the Lord of hosts, “That will leave them neither root nor branch. But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves. You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this,” Says the Lord of hosts."

Isaiah 47:14, "Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor a fire to sit before it."

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish. ..."

Those who don't believe in Him will perish. The Bible says, "The wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23. Eternal death. Please don't miss the pointed simplicity of these verses. The wicked are never promised life. They are promised death-eternal death. They shall be no more, ashes under the soles of feet, be as stubble. Only the righteous are promised eternal life.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
It's not something I can earn, that's just the thing. The bible makes it clear that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life. I believe on him.
Anybody can repent and be forgiven.

This is the Gospel or Good News.

Repent and receive remission of sins.

Turn from lawlessness... and start to live according to the words of Jesus Christ who confirmed the moral laws by the way.

Do you believe this ?

Robin

Veteran
Anybody can repent and be forgiven.

This is the Gospel or Good News.

Repent and receive remission of sins.

Turn from lawlessness... and start to live according to the words of Jesus Christ who confirmed the moral laws by the way.

Do you believe this ?
Did any of my posts give the impression I believed anything different?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Do you believe this ?
Do you believe there is something different (from God’s perspective) about an “unsaved” person whose actions might be judged as “good”, for example, a great philanthropist (who might out of conscience keep the Ten Commandments) and a “born again” person whose actions are equally good, but who has also accepted the “ABCs of Salvation”?

TokiEl

Superstar
Did any of my posts give the impression I believed anything different?
Salvation is not so much about believing in Jesus as it is to live according to His words.

A true Christian of course believes in Jesus Christ but more importantly he actually lives his life according to Jesus advice read commands.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Salvation is not so much about believing in Jesus as it is to live according to His words.

A true Christian of course believes in Jesus but more importantly he actually lives his life according to Jesus advice read commands.
Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:39-40 King James Version (KJV)

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?* 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

*These guys have done plenty of good things (probably more than most of us), but are still accounted unrighteous.

Robin

Veteran

A true Christian of course believes in Jesus Christ but more importantly he actually lives his life according to Jesus advice read commands.
Then we differ in our perspectives there. I think belief in Jesus is more important because deeds follow faith. One doesn't need to believe in Jesus to follow his commands. This does NOT imply that deeds are worthless or that once saved, you can go on living as you did before. Quite the opposite actually. If salvation is more about actions than faith, what about someone who after a lifetime of sin, commits their life to God on their deathbed with no time to live Jesus's words out in practice. Is he exempt from salvation?

TokiEl

Superstar
Do you believe there is something different (from God’s perspective) about an “unsaved” person whose actions might be judged as “good”, for example, a great philanthropist (who might out of conscience keep the Ten Commandments) and a “born again” person whose actions are equally good, but who has also accepted the “ABCs of Salvation”?
Why do you think that a good person is "unsaved" ?

Jesus said himself that He didn't come to save good persons... but bad persons. To give them a chance to repent and be redeemed.

Anybody who lives his life according to the teachings of Jesus Christ... is from God's perspective like a little Jesus.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Jesus said himself that He didn't come to save good persons... but bad persons. To give them a chance to repent and be redeemed.

Anybody who lives his life according to the teachings of Jesus Christ... is from God's perspective like a little Jesus.
In short, do you believe a person may reject the following and still inherit eternal life?

1 Corinthians 15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Robin

Veteran

So from your perspective, it's not necessary to believe on Jesus as the messiah and saviour, but rather that one's good deeds outweigh the bad?

TokiEl

Superstar
Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 6:39-40 King James Version (KJV)

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?* 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

*These guys have done plenty of good things (probably more than most of us), but are still accounted unrighteous.
Do you understand that those who said Lord Lord believed in Jesus ?

And that belief in Him didn't help them.

You claim they did good things... but as Jesus said they did bad things.