‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

Thunderian

Superstar
I am fine with this.

The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a government-wide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.​

The Zone

Star
I think you are missing the point. I do not care what anyone personally identifies as, but I do resent and refuse to be a part of their delusion by calling them a dog if they see themselves as one. Do as you please, but there are men and women and those which are confused. I refuse to be a part of the circus of mental instability or freaky sexual labels. I do not care if someone id's as a woman one day and a man the next, but don't expect normal, grounded people to play along.
dog.jpg

Awoken2

Superstar
I am fine with this.

The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a government-wide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.​
So what happens to hermaphrodites?....Will they just toss a coin or just be shot?

The Zone

Star
So what happens to hermaphrodites?....Will they just toss a coin or just be shot?
If you cared so much about them you would realize that those born with this (1 in 2000) do not like to be called hermaphrodites and that some of them have decided to identify as a male or female despite a condition known in medical terms as a disorder. Nobody wants to kill anyone. Some just do not want people with mental glitches to involve us in their world. The people you describe cannot help their affliction but others are just making up outrageous preferences.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Move to Pennsylvania. Or one of the other myriad states with no protections for transgender or homosexuals ALREADY. You can call them whatever pronoun you wish with no repercussions, I promise.

As far as defining them out of existence... trump campaigned on a platform of being friendly to lgbt and transgenders, he used Caitlyn Jenner for PR for Chris sakes.. this is just another example of his bait and switch tactics.

Awoken2

Superstar
The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth,
If you cared so much about them you would realize that those born with this (1 in 2000) do not like to be called hermaphrodites and that some of them have decided to identify as a male or female despite a condition known in medical terms as a disorder.
So when did you conduct this survey?

Thunderian

Superstar
Move to Pennsylvania. Or one of the other myriad states with no protections for transgender or homosexuals ALREADY. You can call them whatever pronoun you wish with no repercussions, I promise.

As far as defining them out of existence... trump campaigned on a platform of being friendly to lgbt and transgenders, he used Caitlyn Jenner for PR for Chris sakes.. this is just another example of his bait and switch tactics.
No, this is just another example of loony left wing Trump haters losing their minds over something that isn't happening.

The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth.
If you feel that sex is not determined by biology, but is actually something that can be decided upon and changed according to feelings, I can see why you'd be upset by this.

The Zone

Star

I get where you are coming from but not even those against terms want to form hunting parties. Nowhere do I see Trump attacking gay people, he just wants them to identify by their biological chromosomes. It is not like we are seeing lynch mobs or large anti-gay marches. It is okay to be gay and they get the same rights as every other citizen. You say there are no protections of trans people in Pennsylvania. I beg to differ. They get the same protection as do straight people. But some want special benefits.

So when did you conduct this survey?
That number is agreed upon by most medical professionals. Why don't you answer why if you care about them you do not realize they prefer to be called intersex? It seems some of us know more about this subject than others. Meanwhile, some just respond to anything playing devils advocate when it comes to Trump or certain posters.

Aero

Superstar
I still think it's fake news.

Because it plays into the Democrats favor. The Trump administration isn't friendly with the media. So the real question is whether this story is a leak or some kind of political gambit.

Just saying. I don't see this as being good past the initial move. More Democrats care about this issue than Republicans.

Awoken2

Superstar
Why don't you answer why if you care about them you do not realize they prefer to be called intersex?
When did you conduct a survey of said group to ascertain what they prefer to be recognised as? ....You didn't, so you do not know . It's that simple.

The Zone

Star
When did you conduct a survey of said group to ascertain what they prefer to be recognised as? ....You didn't, so you do not know . It's that simple.
What is your point? Of course, I did not conduct the survey. Here is a link from way back in 2009 saying they do not want to be called by the name you used by a liberal rag --
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dont-call-them-hermaphrodites

Per usual, you avoid my question. What is simple are google searches and the plentiful articles and stats which abound. But I gave you a link to a strong leaning liberal slant news site for your benefit and to point out that it has been common knowledge since as early as 2009 that they prefer not be called herms. It is YOU that did not know that and now you look silly. It looks like you're the hater here calling them by a name they detest, bahahaha.

Awoken2

Superstar
What is your point? Of course, I did not conduct the survey. Here is a link from way back in 2009 saying they do not want to be called by the name you used by a liberal rag --
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dont-call-them-hermaphrodites

Per usual, you avoid my question. What is simple are google searches and the plentiful articles and stats which abound. But I gave you a link to a strong leaning liberal slant news site for your benefit and to point out that it has been common knowledge since as early as 2009 that they prefer not be called herms. It is YOU that did not know that and now you look silly. It looks like you're the hater here calling them by a name they detest, bahahaha.
Says the man who's googled everything he's ever learned. Your that preoccupied with your incessant left/right, Relublican/Democrat hegelian claptrap that you appear to be devoid of anything original to say. I'll answer any question that interests me or is relevant...your question didn't qualify unfortunately.

justjess

Superstar
No, this is just another example of loony left wing Trump haters losing their minds over something that isn't happening.

If you feel that sex is not determined by biology, but is actually something that can be decided upon and changed according to feelings, I can see why you'd be upset by this.
I’m not sure where you got the idea I was worked up or upset about this.. I am not either. It’s actually on the bottom of the list of things I care about.

However it is a fact that he campaigned as lgbt friendly and used a pride flag and a transgender as opticals, this to that community seems like a direct contradiction of that. I’m not a member of that community and if that’s how they feel, that’s how they feel.

As it stands right now it is not illegal to discriminate based on sexuality so someone could be fired for being gay or trans. That’s why this is important to them. This is a step further away from that protection, which is one they have fought a long time for understandably. If you don’t belong to any class where you have ever had to worry about these kind of things I get not understanding... I however was fired once when my employer found out I had a disability and it was traumatic. I also had no recourse since I couldn’t prove it and live in an at will state.

The Zone

Star
Says the man who's googled everything he's ever learned. Your that preoccupied with your incessant left/right, Relublican/Democrat hegelian claptrap that you appear to be devoid of anything original to say. I'll answer any question that interests me or is relevant...your question didn't qualify unfortunately.
Hmm, I was educated in the US and in your country (UK) in college/university. BTW, you are projecting again. And I can also use spellcheck and know the proper use of you're and your. If you're (not your) going to talk about education and try to belittle someone, you should clean up your posts. Perhaps, posting with less emotion and trying to act like you don't know more than you do would be a start. Staying on subject, which it seems hard for you to do, my point was that a lot of people knew that hermaphrodites liked the term intersex which you must agree sounds a lot better than something like a troglodyte.

Last edited: