הַנְּפִלִ֞ים - The Nephilim

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
They don't count. You know as a Christian that the Word of God is the truth. It is the inspired word of God written by men who were guided by the Holy Spirit. The Bible says its messages cannot be broken or proved untrue (John 10:35, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21). The Word of God is infallible. Anything, any doctrine that goes against the Bible, that does not harmonise with it is false and should be rejected.
They don’t count as biblical information but they do bear the imprint of history behind the myth. In an analogous way, the Bible says nothing of UFOs and it is down to our investigative and deductive capacities (informed by sound doctrine) to discern what they truly are. I would suggest that same principle applies to the Nephilim.

Cintra

Star
In episode #5 of the On the Trail of the Nephilim series, L.A. continues to investigate the mysteries of America’s Stonehenge.

View attachment 43635

You will see the connection between Americas Stonehenge and Stonehenge thousands of miles away in England. This is deliberate and could only have been accomplished by “triangulation in the air.” But there’s more! New discoveries revealed for the first time may point to America’s Stonehenge being the axis Mundi – the center of the world!

There is a hidden history and L.A. is on the trail to uncover and reveal it! He’s on the trail!
Wow!
Never heard of that place before. looks interesting.

phipps

Star
Giantism appears to be symptom of the lineage of the Nephilim but the only defining feature, just as all rabbits are quadrupeds, but not all quadrupeds are rabbits ;-)
Whatever it is, its not from fallen angels or any angels at all according to the Bible.

phipps

Star
They don’t count as biblical information but they do bear the imprint of history behind the myth. In an analogous way, the Bible says nothing of UFOs and it is down to our investigative and deductive capacities (informed by sound doctrine) to discern what they truly are. I would suggest that same principle applies to the Nephilim.
Mythology is pagan. It does not harmonise with the Bible. Just as UFOs are not biblical. UFO sightings are illusions and dangerous satanic deceptions. Remember that the devil and his angels can easily create illusions to deceive us (2 Corinthians 11:14). Christians should not pay heed to such false and fake stories. They are useless and play no part in our relationship with Christ and being saved.

You're right, our investigative and deductive capacities should be be informed by sound doctrine. What you're saying about Nephilim is not from biblical teaching at all. There is not even a hint about such doctrine nor UFOs. As Christians we should be grounded in the Bible to be able to tell the truth from lies.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Mythology is pagan. It does not harmonise with the Bible. Just as UFOs are not biblical. UFO sightings are illusions and dangerous satanic deceptions. Remember that the devil and his angels can easily create illusions to deceive us (2 Corinthians 11:14). Christians should not pay heed to such false and fake stories. They are useless and play no part in our relationship with Christ and being saved.

You're right, our investigative and deductive capacities should be be informed by sound doctrine. What you're saying about Nephilim is not from biblical teaching at all. There is not even a hint about such doctrine nor UFOs. As Christians we should be grounded in the Bible to be able to tell the truth from lies.
You use quite a lot of emotive language @phipps - “it’s not biblical” is a blunt tool here - you would be better saying that it disagrees with your interpretation of the Bible, stating why and leaving it at that.

*For example (and this is diverting from the topic) I believe that one of the most dangerous doctrines held to by SDAs is that Jesus is not the second, co-equal member of the Trinity, but instead the Archangel Michael (as do the JWs). This doctrine is not unbiblical as it uses passages from the Bible to attempt to prove it, but it is a grave error of interpretation as it confuses the doctrine of substitutionary atonement and imputed righteousness. If Jesus was Michael, how could he also be the perfect sacrifice? How could he fully represent God and man, being a created being himself?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
And if you would like to be amused...

This guy won't accept that site until they find a bronze age find.
Sadly, since then the actual stonehenge has been redated to the neolithic.

So maybe they need to look for some grooved ware instead...
I think the point is that this idea causes problems for that accepted chronology.

I would be interested in how his world view can process “America’s stone henge” being aligned with the famous one in Wiltshire.

Cintra

Star
I think the point is that this idea causes problems for that accepted chronology.

I would be interested in how his world view can process “America’s stone henge” being aligned with the famous one in Wiltshire.
I am guessing because I haven't found out what the alignment entails. I only found out the place existed today.
But probably he wouldn't.
At best he would say coincidence, but mostly he would say nonsense.
Archaeology doesn't allow for things it believes are impossible. It dismisses them.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am guessing because I haven't found out what the alignment entails. I only found out the place existed today.
But probably he wouldn't.
At best he would say coincidence, but mostly he would say nonsense.
Archaeology doesn't allow for things it believes are impossible. It dismisses them.
It does indeed! There is a framework that fits certain things but routinely it seems to discount anything that lies outside its blinkers!!!

Recent finds in Israel appear to have unearthed the historic Gath of Goliath (and clan). What is notable is the unusual size of the rooms and thickness of the walls etc...

Other artefacts of the ancient world tease the imagination by their size, e.g. the giant pre-Roman stone at Baalbek, Lebanon:-

E9DAB54D-A863-464D-85C8-7FDEF450FB40.jpeg

Or the seemingly impossible pre Incan interlocking huge stones at Saksathuaman:-

F5B0D73E-544A-4C95-A17E-0D4D80661E92.jpeg

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Omg... Those baalbek stones...
They could hardly be moved now!

And those inca polygons.
Every explanation I have heard just sounds like impossible BS. You cant keep lifting them up and scraping a bit more off.
Soft rocks seems the best explanation, but until they find some kind of scientific mechanism to do it, they won't accept it.
In some ways that's fair, there should be a provable burden of truth on anything that becomes an official theory, but yeah, like you say, too often they just put the blinkers on and won't even look.

Truth is, if they can't explain it they mostly just ignore it.

The most insulting thing is that once they change their minds about stuff (especially dating) and then expect everyone to simply ignore the outdated ideas that they used to claim were proven truth and believe the new truth until they change it again.
So annoying.

I have been trying to track lines across a curved world to check this alignment thing. I may not have the wherewithal to do it.

I am going to believe in a flat earth, because it makes measuring easier.

Cintra

Star
The alignment seems to be the usa sunrise line to stonehenge. If that does hit, or even comes close, it is remarkable.

I can't work it out using a stupid tablet, but roughly speaking it looks possible. At first I though no chance, but on a globe its different.

Today you have shown me something wonderful that I never knew existed!
Thank you.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The alignment seems to be the usa sunrise line to stonehenge. If that does hit, or even comes close, it is remarkable.

I can't work it out using a stupid tablet, but roughly speaking it looks possible. At first I though no chance, but on a globe its different.

Today you have shown me something wonderful that I never knew existed!
Thank you.
If you want to dig deeper, L.A. Marzulli did the research and I think it is available on YouTube as well as in his book “On the trail of the Nephilim”

phipps

Star
You use quite a lot of emotive language @phipps - “it’s not biblical” is a blunt tool here - you would be better saying that it disagrees with your interpretation of the Bible, stating why and leaving it at that.

*For example (and this is diverting from the topic) I believe that one of the most dangerous doctrines held to by SDAs is that Jesus is not the second, co-equal member of the Trinity, but instead the Archangel Michael (as do the JWs). This doctrine is not unbiblical as it uses passages from the Bible to attempt to prove it, but it is a grave error of interpretation as it confuses the doctrine of substitutionary atonement and imputed righteousness. If Jesus was Michael, how could he also be the perfect sacrifice? How could he fully represent God and man, being a created being himself?
Its not about me or my interpretation. Its about the Word of God as you know from our communications on here. There is nothing written in the Bible about angels procreating with humans, nothing at all. That doctrine has no basis in the Bible, that is a fact.

When we look at Jesus as our example, He quoted the Bible and used it as the authority for everything He taught. We as Christians should use the Bible as the authority for everything too like Jesus and if something is not even written of in the Bible and does not harmonise with it, its not of God. Your doctrine on Nephilim is not of God and is not biblical and you know that.

Not this again @Red Sky at Morning. Using this SDA thing again is getting old and yet again you don't know what you're talking about. You never do.

Before I go into what I believe which btw is biblical not SDA, I want to clarify what the SDA's believe. They do not believe what you posted that, "Jesus is not the second, co-equal member of the Trinity, but instead the Archangel Michael (as do the JWs)." JWs do not believe Jesus is God. They believe He is created. As someone with an SDA background I can tell you they believe Jesus is God and is equal to the Father. The Bible teaches that as well. You could try to get your facts straight at least. Because you've clearly made this up and straight up lied.

Let me get one thing straight with you although I have said this repeatedly and you know and understand it. I don't adhere to SDA doctrine, I adhere to biblical doctrine. I may use some SDA websites (because a lot of what they teach is biblical) but I always read my Bible to know what it says on the subjects I study. I have repeatedly told you this and yet you act dumb and pretend you don't get it.

Here is what I believe about the Godhead (I don't use the word trinity), its biblical. In the Bible Christ is the Father's equal. Biblically the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are separate Persons but are equal to each other and are God. That is what I believe. Its not about religion, its about the Bible.

I already explained to you about the Arch Angel in detail so I won't go in that deep. But Jesus being the Arch Angel does not mean He is not God.

The Bible tells us, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16). So the One with voice of the Arch Angel is Christ. He is the One who raises the dead with His voice. Not a created angel, only Christ who is God will raise the dead with His own voice because only God can do that. Jesus shall descend from heaven and shout with the voice of the Archangel, because He is the Archangel. With that shout, the righteous dead will be raised from their graves! This is biblical and harmonises with the Bible. Here are a few verses that harmonise with what I'm telling you.

John 5:26-29, "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation." Whose voice will they hear? Christ's voice, the voice of the Arch Angel which means the chief of angels. No angel has the power to raise the dead. So Jesus and the Arch Angel are one and the same Person.

A deep study of the Bible shows us that the Arch Angel or Michael the Arch Angel is not a created being but Christ because He does things that only God can do.

I know you did this to change the subject but this tactic won't work on me any more. You've used it a few times that I know what to expect from you now. The teaching that Nephilim were half angel, half human hybrids is not biblical and has absolutely no basis in the Bible. None at all.

Please get your facts straight if you are going to accuse me of believing something not biblical, thanks.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Ditto - I fired from the hip without knowing much about SDA doctrine. Annoying isn’t it?
Don't be ridiculous, you were wrong and I don't believe for one minute you did it to make a point. You're just trying to cover up your lies. I did not make your Nephilim false doctrine up as its clear from your Op, nor did I accuse you falsely of anything like you did me. This is disappointing behaviour from you. I thought you were better than this. All I'm concerned with is the truth of the Bible not what you or religions teach. Just the pure unadulterated Word of God. Goodbye.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
For those who are interested in the truth of the Bible.

Biblically the term "sons of God" is a term used for God's people. Genesis 6:2 says, "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." According to the doctrine of this thread, the sons of God are fallen angels. But all throughout the Bible God never calls Satan and the rest of the fallen angels His sons. I'll give you an example of when there was a meeting in heaven in the book of Job. “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them (Job 1:6). Note, Satan is NOT called a son of God. That is because he isn't and hadn't been since he'd fallen.

Here is scripture where the term "sons of God" is used:

Romans 8:14, “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Matthew 5:9, “Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”

The sons of God in Genesis were people not fallen angels. They were people who lived according to the Word of God, they had remained faithful to God but sinned when they married the daughters of men who were not faithful and living according to God's Word. By inter-marrying with unbelievers the sons of God corrupted themselves and their offspring.

Not long after that God said in Genesis 6:3, "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." God gave man 120 years to change. During that period Noah preached to them telling them about the coming flood but they mocked and laughed at him. They did not believe him because they had never seen rain in those days (Genesis 2:5). Meanwhile he was building the ark as God directed him too.

Why would God's spirit not always strive with people? Genesis 6:5 says, "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." After the sons of God married the daughters of men, wickedness grew to the point God could not stand it any more. He regretted why He ever created people in the first place. It grieved His heart. "And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart" (Genesis 6:6). So in verse 7 God said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." God never wants to destroy anyone but the situation was dire because man was continually evil. He provided them a way to be saved through Noah for 120 years but none of them were interested. However He found favour in Noah and saved him and his family during the flood. Just eight people were saved.

The giants or Nephilim were as human as you and I. The Bible does not even imply they were anything other than human. Angels are not flesh and blood, they do not have human DNA and cannot procreate according to the Bible. Procreation is for humans within the confines of marriage or should be. Jesus said, "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven" (Matthew 22:30). Jesus meant, we won't marry or procreate after the resurrection and for eternity as we do here on earth. We will be like angels who don't marry and procreate. Genesis 6:2 says, "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." Jesus said angels do not marry but the sons of God took the daughters of men for their wives. Angels were not told to be fruitful and multiply. They were all created and have no need for procreation nor do they have the ability to.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“A monumental discovery in the Holy Land may hold the key to the Biblical tale of David and Goliath, it has been claimed.

The Israelite's defeat of the Philistine giant is one of the most famous stories of the Old Testament but its origins are shrouded in mystery.

Now, archaeologists excavating Goliath's purported hometown of Gath have unearthed a huge layer of ruins dating back to ancient times.

The 'impressive monumental remains' might have inspired legendary tales of giants among the Philistines, excavation director Aren Maeir suggested.”

I submit the above an an example of academic blindness. Here we have the discovery of the largest gates found in Israel leading to the remains an ancient city full of huge dwellings....

Assumption: “everybody knows there were no tribes of giants”​
Conclusion: The fanciful story of David & Goliath must be based on a stroll through this site and imagining how big the people there must have been!​
Flaw: why build a whole city on so large a scale to be useless to the occupants?​

My question to @phipps ...

If further investigation of this site continues to confirm that the houses were built for a whole group beyond normal human stature, we should conclude that the people living in them designed them around their needs. Therefore Goliath was not a Wadlow, he was an especially large representative of a wider group.

What kind of account would you give for this finding?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
As for the aforementioned “unbiblical” rebuke to the idea that the Nephilim were the progeny of fallen angels and humans, I submit and defer to a Bible teacher for whom I have great respect, Chuck Missler. He is not dogmatic on the point, but to me, he sets the idea is it’s proper context...