הַנְּפִלִ֞ים - The Nephilim

elsbet

Superstar
Were there nephilims after the great flood? Is Goliath a nephilim? if so, could some fallen angels have mated again with the descendants of Noah?
After the flood-- yes

Goliath-- yes

Descendants of Noah & fallen angels-- no, however, if any of their descendants survived (hybrid), they would have continued to procreate. More likely, the wives of Noah's sons may have had corrupted genetics or genes, rather... only Noah's lineage (DNA) was pure.

That's my take, anyway.

Axl888

Established
or...could the so-called nephilims before the great flood and after the flood are of different kinds? Perhaps, nephilims before the great flood were direct offsprings of fallen angels and daughters of men, while the nephilims refered to after the flood were human "giants" (also called nephilims) who were product of human genetic defect (or perhaps by mutation) with no interbreeding or unpure genes involved. However, could interbreeding of fallen angels and descendants of Noah after the flood still be possible? personally, I believe it is possible...but if you believe otherwise, could you please explain why it is so?

Also, it is hard for me to entertain the idea that after the flood there were other human survivors other than Noah and his family because it would also mean that the Bible is not telling the truth. Moreover, if the wives of Noah's sons were not pure would it not defeat the purpose of God for the great flood? I think God would have known that they were not pure and could have been included among the people died in the flood...that is just my opinion anyway.

Vytas

Star
or...could the so-called nephilims before the great flood and after the flood are of different kinds? Perhaps, nephilims before the great flood were direct offsprings of fallen angels and daughters of men, while the nephilims refered to after the flood were human "giants" (also called nephilims) who were product of human genetic defect (or perhaps by mutation) with no interbreeding or unpure genes involved. However, could interbreeding of fallen angels and descendants of Noah after the flood still be possible? personally, I believe it is possible...but if you believe otherwise, could you please explain why it is so?

Also, it is hard for me to entertain the idea that after the flood there were other human survivors other than Noah and his family because it would also mean that the Bible is not telling the truth. Moreover, if the wives of Noah's sons were not pure would it not defeat the purpose of God for the great flood? I think God would have known that they were not pure and could have been included among the people died in the flood...that is just my opinion anyway.
To get enough unpure dnr, at least 50% it had to be some unholy act done like mother 50% sleeping with her child 25% and producing an offspring which is above 50% that's not the craziest theory. If that doesn't work for you, you can entertain the idea that some Nephilim were able to breath under water, and that is why we have some strange myths about underwater world. The only thing that I think is impossible that watchers who get locked until the end of times for their deeds somehow returned and continued to do their stuff like nothing happened...

Axl888

Established
Well yes, according to the Book of Enoch if I am not mistaken, the watchers (fallen angels) were locked away until the end of times, but the Book of Enoch has not been considered as part of the Bible (Holy Scriptures) and so its accounts about the watchers is also somewhat doubtful to me. By the way, was there other reference from the Bible that they were indeed locked away until the end of times? I am not really that knowledgeable about the Bible, so I would really appreciate if could point it out to me, thanks.

Vytas

Star
Well yes, according to the Book of Enoch if I am not mistaken, the watchers (fallen angels) were locked away until the end of times, but the Book of Enoch has not been considered as part of the Bible (Holy Scriptures) and so its accounts about the watchers is also somewhat doubtful to me. By the way, was there other reference from the Bible that they were indeed locked away until the end of times? I am not really that knowledgeable about the Bible, so I would really appreciate if could point it out to me, thanks.
Everyone uses their own head what to consider truth. If book of Enoch which is quoted in Bible also seems to be in accordance with bible stories, completes or adds to them, instead of disagreeing with them, that's good enough for me.
I know they are mentioned, I could google exactly where but so can you :)

Axl888

Established
Everyone uses their own head what to consider truth. If book of Enoch which is quoted in Bible also seems to be in accordance with bible stories, completes or adds to them, instead of disagreeing with them, that's good enough for me.
I know they are mentioned, I could google exactly where but so can you :)
I have googled it and found out what you mean.

But upon googling I found this
http://answersfromthebook.net/why-are-some-fallen-angels-in-chains-while-some-are-not/

The commentary on the above link is quite intriguing to me, is he/she correct that there are some fallen angels (other than lucifer) that are still free to roam the earth after the flood?

Vytas

Star
I have googled it and found out what you mean.

But upon googling I found this
http://answersfromthebook.net/why-are-some-fallen-angels-in-chains-while-some-are-not/

The commentary on the above link is quite intriguing to me, is he/she correct that there are some fallen angels (other than lucifer) that are still free to roam the earth after the flood?
I wouldn't say roam, fly is more likely "to and from" as it said in Job. Air is their domain. Some believe they don't want to be chained also, so they keep they hands of off our woman. But kidnaping humans for geneticall experiments is lesser way to test Gods patience. God is soooo patient...Again it's theory but interesting to say the least. There is a lot of compelling researches done by many authors...

Were there nephilims after the great flood? Is Goliath a nephilim? if so, could some fallen angels have mated again with the descendants of Noah?
No, No, and No.

Andre The Giant - The Official Licensing Website of Andre ...

https://www.andrethegiant.com
About the Giant At 7'4" and 500 pounds, Andre the Giant could have been famous for his size alone. His drive, talent and ambition, however, proved to be as big as Andre himself, and the wrestler became legendary for his achievements in and out of the ring.

Was Andera the Giant a Nephilim ?

About the Giant At 7'4" and 500 pounds, Andre the Giant could have been famous for his size alone. His drive, talent and ambition, however, proved to be as big as Andre himself, and the wrestler became legendary for his achievements in and out of the ring.

Vytas

Star
No, No, and No.

Was Andera the Giant a Nephilim ?

7,4 is a midget, google some archeological findings. They go up to 9.

7,4 is a midget, google some archeological findings. They go up to 9.
List of tallest people - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people

The tallest living person since September 17, 2009, as determined by Guinness World Records. He has 36.5-cm-long (1 ft 2 in) feet—the second-longest feet for a living person and 27.5cm-long (11.2 in) hands—the longest for a living person.

Vytas

Star
List of tallest people - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_people

The tallest living person since September 17, 2009, as determined by Guinness World Records. He has 36.5-cm-long (1 ft 2 in) feet—the second-longest feet for a living person and 27.5cm-long (11.2 in) hands—the longest for a living person.
I'm not talking about giness records. Who to recommend...I don't know google or YouTube marzulli if you are interested. Researchers dealing with this stuff do not have much credibility, that's just how it it is...Anyhow if you interested dig some. I understand that those topics aren't daily bread of Christians and sure shouldn't be. But it doesn't hurt and it's interesting to explore what might happened. Supernatural do exist now, and for sure it existed back then too...

I'm not talking about giness records. Who to recommend...I don't know google or YouTube marzulli if you are interested. Researchers dealing with this stuff do not have much credibility, that's just how it it is...Anyhow if you interested dig some. I understand that those topics aren't daily bread of Christians and sure shouldn't be. But it doesn't hurt and it's interesting to explore what might happened. Supernatural do exist now, and for sure it existed back then too...
I believe that that "sons of God" were men that worshiped God, Godly men from the line of Seth mingled with and married those from the line of Cain. God would not allow angels to pro create. Besides, nothing is hidden from God and He would not allow such a union> If they were sons of God, then the offspring would be godly. Cain's son Lamech was a mighty warrior or strong man.

Vytas

Star
I believe that that "sons of God" were men that worshiped God, Godly men from the line of Seth mingled with and married those from the line of Cain. God would not allow angels to pro create. Besides, nothing is hidden from God and He would not allow such a union> If they were sons of God, then the offspring would be godly. Cain's son Lamech was a mighty warrior or strong man.
I'm sorry im not mocking you, but really. Bible goes out of it's way to tell us how babies are made? Giant babies at that?
Random sins made God so angry he just wiped out humanity ? If that's truth we wouldn't be talking here. We wouldn't exist. I see things daily that would make saint speachless...Just my neighbourhood...
God will allow mark of the beast, God allowed first sin, if we don't want him to interfere, examples says He doesn't. If people were happy with themselves, i doubt God would use supernatural means to stop them from sinning.

Lifeare

Rookie
By the way, was there other reference from the Bible that they were indeed locked away until the end of times? I am not really that knowledgeable about the Bible, so I would really appreciate if could point it out to me, thanks.
Quite a long read but if you're curious, just copy what I quote below and use the find feature of your browser to get to the paragraph in the article:

So again, we are now going to present to you some new research. This new research shows that the Old Testament of the Bible does tell the story of the imprisonment of the sinning angels of Genesis 6, giving some specific detail about how and when their imprisonment took place.

To understand how the Bible tells of the imprisonment, let’s start with something comparable, that you probably are familiar with. Many Christians are familiar with Eze 28 and Isa 14, which are 2 passages of prophecy, one against the King of Tyre and the other against the king of Babylon. Yet, these passages of prophecy also seem to be directed to Satan at the same time. These are key passages by which many Christians gather information about Satan, as they seem to tell the story of how Satan was in Eden, and of his fall, and of him eventually being consumed by fire. These passages precedent that the Bible may tell history or future prophecy of fallen angels, contained within prophecy directed at a human man.
http://paradoxbrown.com/the-case-against-book-first-enoch/

Axl888

Established
Here's my theory (probably not original :D)....What if these legends about gods and goddesses of ancient civilizations are actually the fallen angels that took wives on earth which of course had sons and daughters which are the so-called nephilims...and after the great flood, Noah, his wife, his sons and his daughters which of course known about the real story of the fallen angels and nephilims told the story to their descendants, and then because of nimrods ambitions of which he built the tower of babel that angered God, and so God confounded the language of men and they all scattered all over the world, and thereafter the real story about the fallen angels and nephilims was corrupted due to the confusion that God gave unto them which now became these legends of gods/goddesses and demi-gods (nephilims) of ancient civilizations (i.e. babylonian, greek, roman, hindu, egyptian, etc.)

Dalit

Star
Here's my theory (probably not original :D)....What if these legends about gods and goddesses of ancient civilizations are actually the fallen angels that took wives on earth which of course had sons and daughters which are the so-called nephilims...and after the great flood, Noah, his wife, his sons and his daughters which of course known about the real story of the fallen angels and nephilims told the story to their descendants, and then because of nimrods ambitions of which he built the tower of babel that angered God, and so God confounded the language of men and they all scattered all over the world, and thereafter the real story about the fallen angels and nephilims was corrupted due to the confusion that God gave unto them which now became these legends of gods/goddesses and demi-gods (nephilims) of ancient civilizations (i.e. babylonian, greek, roman, hindu, egyptian, etc.)
That could be a reason. Also Greek and Roman mythology (gods and goddesses) slept with humans at times and produced offspring with them. The seed for that idea is there even if the execution is not.

elsbet

Superstar
Yes.. there are references in the bible--
And the angels not having kept their own domain, but having abandoned the own dwelling, He keeps in eternal chains under darkness, unto the judgment of the great day...​
Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​
And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these...​
... God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to [Tartarus], delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly...​
These are wells without water, [g]clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness [h]forever.​

Both chapters (in full) are linked, above.