הַנְּפִלִ֞ים - The Nephilim

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
M

Mine either, but its found its way into the Pentecostal church too. :/
I think it's the difference between the sovereign move of God's Spirit and church leaders who want to have "powerful" or "announced" meetings. In many ways this ties back to @sim hae 's experience. When we want to make spiritual things happen, things tend to go wrong fast!

sim hae

Established
I don't know if it's been discussed before but I for one have wondered how nephilim have survived the flood.
Well, yesterday I ran across this video.

@elsbet : it's simply different, really not as interesting as it may seem.

elsbet

Superstar
I don't know if it's been discussed before but I for one have wondered how nephilim have survived the flood.
Well, yesterday I ran across this video.

@elsbet : it's simply different, really not as interesting as it may seem.
Rest assured.. I have no interest for myself. :p
Lucid dreams are too much for me, and they happen more often than I care to consider.

It sounded like the traveling concerned you, at first.

Will have a look at the video tonight. I'm betting its Woodward. There are a few different perspectives on the presence of nephilim after the deluge though. One pastor has noted that the 'things under the sea' were not mentioned on the list of creatures to be destroyed.

sim hae

Established
The theory that mostly aquatic nephilims would have managed to survive does explain why there are so many witness accounts of scaly nephilims in postdeluvian times compared to other types of creatures.

@elsbet: It did concern me a little bit because I've dealt with some pretty troubling things in my day to day life as a consequence of meditating (waking up with bruises on my body, r*pe, and that's not even the most disturbing stuff) so I hadn't completely written off those travels as not just some more attempts to play with me, because after you get burned on hot soup you blow even in your yoghurt.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The theory that mostly aquatic nephilims would have managed to survive does explain why there are so many witness accounts of scaly nephilims in postdeluvian times compared to other types of creatures.

@elsbet: It did concern me a little bit because I've dealt with some pretty troubling things in my day to day life as a consequence of meditating (waking up with bruises on my body, r*pe, and that's not even the most disturbing stuff) so I hadn't completely written off those travels as not just some more attempts to play with me, because after you get burned on hot soup you blow even in your yoghurt.
One thing that occurs to me is that I don't think God would take you off on a spiritual journey without a purpose to it so I would be asking the following questions about the experience:

What was my relationship with God like at the time of the experience?

What happened during the experience?

Did I experience the peace and presence of God after it, and do I feel closer to God as a result?

Depending on the answers this might help discern the nature and source of the experience...

Bacsi

Star
The sons of God who impregnated human women to give birth to he Nephilim were people of advanced civilization

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It is a contraversial view and I haven't made my mind up on it yet but I heard L.A Marzulli suggest that demons are the disembodied spirits of Nephilim.

If that is the case, this recording of a Derek Prince meeting is very revealing on the character of the "advanced beings".

sim hae

Established
^ they are, that's why meditation is so encouraged everywhere. The "empty your mind" that these so called enlightened masters teach is so that those spirits can have a body again, yours. I lost time the first time I did it, who knows what happened in that time.

@Red Sky at Morning:
Most of the travels happened after I started living for God, but the first two times were while I was an atheist.
Those very first astral projections are part of what turned me towards God two years later, when I realized that most of what I had been seeing was described in the Bible. At first they were confusing because I hadn't yet experienced the travel till there, I would just find myself in a foreign place, and I initially thought it was a very mutated and hyper-realistic version of a lucid dream that was designed by something outside of me.

I generally felt at peace during them (despite seeing mostly very troubling things in/about the world) and was even reassured in some of the first ones that I was safe, that I had no reason to be afraid by a very comforting voice or what felt like a protective force around me.

But after I became a believer, I've listened and read the accounts of other people that have been into meditation (now Christians) and their experience while meditating at the beginning felt peaceful, very fluffy, and well... even though it's not the same thing, you can't help get a little paranoid after the kind of experiences I've had with demons, you feel like you can never be too careful.
...After they started considering The Word of God things did turn very scary, very fast, for those people though, all the peaches & cream stuff turned very terrifying.
For me, meditating felt wrong from the get go, but I still did it because well, monkey see, monkey do:oops: The push towards meditation comes from every direction these days.

Does Yoga not seek to awake the Kundalini (serpent) force and move it through the various chakras of the body?
Hi Red, I think "yoga" by any other name is a stretch exercises and a quiet time and reflection of the mind, like any daily exercise that brings a feeling of accomplishment. But anything we do that brings pride and comes first before Christ, whether it be yoga or body building can hinder the and grieve the Holy Spirit: "But refuse profane and old wives fables and exercise thyself rather unto godliness, For bodily exercise profiteth little, But godliness is profitable unto all things, having profit to the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (1 Tim. 4:1-16)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hi Red, I think "yoga" by any other name is a stretch exercises and a quiet time and reflection of the mind, like any daily exercise that brings a feeling of accomplishment. But anything we do that brings pride and comes first before Christ, whether it be yoga or body building can hinder the and grieve the Holy Spirit: "But refuse profane and old wives fables and exercise thyself rather unto godliness, For bodily exercise profiteth little, But godliness is profitable unto all things, having profit to the life that now is, and of that which is to come. (1 Tim. 4:1-16)
I have never cared much for Yoga, not having sufficient patience!!! I used to do a bit of body building but I found it made me quite obnoxious and look down on "non-exercise types"...

Romans 12

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Bacsi

Star
An advanced civilization or more appropriately-- oikétérion, which they abandoned, yes.
Yahweh and other sons of El are humans possessing far advanced knowledge and technologies.

Imagine yourself appearing in a tank with projectors and loudspeakers with laser blasters among ancient semites. You'd be deified in no time.

BTW many peoples around the world have recorded divine sons of God making out with earthly women who gave birth to prominent offspring. My part of the world isn't excluded

Last edited:
I have never cared much for Yoga, not having sufficient patience!!! I used to do a bit of body building but I found it made me quite obnoxious and look down on "non-exercise types"...

Romans 12

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
I know exactly what you are talking about, I did some body building myself.