הַנְּפִלִ֞ים - The Nephilim

meximonk

Star
There is corruption no doubt and we should be careful. Newer versions of the Bible are the worst but people can still find Christ in there too. The older versions of the Bible are more accurate, as accurate as they can be for translations. I'm talking about those translations from the received text. These translations try to convey the meaning of a passage, while at the same time preserving the words of the original. Also with the help of the Holy Spirit, we will be able to discern the meaning of scripture. The Sons of God subject as I told you is consistent with biblical doctrine.
None of this negates my early statements regarding the Hebrew.

phipps

Star
None of this negates my early statements regarding the Hebrew.
They do if you think about God having to do with His Word being translated to different languages. The translators of the KJV for example, did a very good job at not corrupting God's Word and that is because they were led by the Holy Spirit. Also being able to read and understand Hebrew or any of the other languages the Bible was originally written in doesn't mean one understands it better. We've got to be able to interpret the Bible correctly too and that means studying it prayerfully, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little" (Isaiah 28:9-10). The Jews read and understand Hebrew and yet still reject Christ because their interpretations are wrong. That is why I know I'm telling you the truth of the Bible because it is consistent and in harmony with the rest of the Bible.

Last edited:

floss

Star
This Nephilim topic is exciting! Feel like I'm breaking out of the matrix by obtaining these detailed Genesis mysteries. There was another woman before Eve? Her name was Lilith... mated with possibly Lucifer himself and bore the first Nephelim... this is mind blown and it does make sense.

Was Lilith the mother of the vampire race?
lynglyngibsonauthor
lynglyngibsonauthor
7 years ago
Lilith was said to have been the first mate to Adam, created by God from the dust of the earth, just as Adam. Because of this, she saw herself as his equal, Adam failed to see things the same way. After years of struggling between each other Lilith put and end to their marriage by refusing to submit to him and fleeing the Garden of Eden. Lilith came to live by the sea where God had previously cast down 199 angels that had gone against his commands, namely having relations with mortal females; thus fathering the Nephilim. The Nephilim have left in their wake a broad imprint in ancient documents, to include the modern day Bible. Known to have been giants that possessed unnatural abilities and knowledge, the Nephilim would later be tagged as Gods, and vampires.
Adam, after having calmed from their their argument began to realize that Lilith would not be returning to him. He shouted to God above him, “What am I to do now, I have no mate!” God looked down to Adam and pitied him. God then sent Gabriel with a handful of other Angels to retrieve Lilith and return her to Adam. When She refused, she was offered and ultimatum. In order to remain a free woman, Lilith would have to watch 100 of her children die every day. She accepted the ultimatum, but added terms of her own. For any male child born she would have dominion over him for 8 days, for every female, 20 days. Gabriel accepted her terms upon consulting with God and left Lilith standing in the center of the sea. God once again took pity on Adam and caused him to fall into a deep sleep when he would remove a rib and form Eve, his second mate.
By this point, Lilith had certainly established herself as the mother of demons, as noted in both the Book of Enoch and the Alphabet of Ben Sirach. Lilith, as a unique creation of God possessed certain attributes that her descendant did not. Having mated the downcast Angels, also unique creations that had retained their immortal lives and unnatural abilities, Lilith was certainly the mother of a superior race of beings. Inclinations of both Lilith and her offspring being known as blood drinkers exist in many ancient documents. Lilith was said to feed on infants. The Nephilim that she bore have also earned the reputations of being blood thirsty Gods.
Though the stories of Lilith and the Nephilim predate the Egyptian empire, many forms of documentation have been found in temple ruins where ancient Egypt once stood. Amulets, statues, jewelry, text and paintings all depict Lilith as a bloodthirsty and vengeful God. So, with all of this information in mind, does one form the opinion that Lilith could be the originator of the Vampire blood line. I caution you to ponder the legend and not form your final opinion until having read all of the theories of creation, as all of them have very valid roots and many forms of documentation that remains until this day.

I know this is a video game but I'm certain it was inspired by the principalities of this world.

Who is Lilith, and what role might the mother of the Nephalem play in Diablo 4?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@floss - I don’t want to pour cold water here but you appear to have hit on the explanation of nephilim offered by the other side. The only biblical basis given begins with the account offered in Genesis 6:4, which is the first mention of these entities...

Question: "Who was Lilith / Lillith? Does the Bible say anything about Adam having another wife before Eve?"

Answer:
There are legends that Adam had a wife before Eve who was named Lilith, but this is not found in the Bible. The legends vary significantly, but they all essentially agree that Lilith left Adam because she did not want to submit to him. According to the legends, Lilith was an evil, wicked woman who committed adultery with Satan and produced a race of evil creatures. None of this is true. There is no biblical basis whatsoever for these concepts. There is no one in the Bible named Lilith.

The passage most often pointed to as evidence for Lilith is Isaiah 34:14, which in the NRSV reads, "there too Lilith shall repose." This is a poor translation. Every other major translation of the Bible reads something to the effect of "night creature" or "screech owl." Even if "demon monster named Lilith" was the proper translation of the Hebrew word, Adam is nowhere even hinted at in this passage or its context. Whatever the Lilith was, it is not given any connection whatsoever to Adam or Creation.

Another commonly used support for Lilith is the differing Creation accounts in Genesis chapters 1-2. Some claim that the woman in Genesis 1 was Lilith, with the woman in Genesis 2 being Eve. This is completely ludicrous. Rather, Genesis chapter 2 is a "closer look" at the creation of Adam and Eve as recorded in Genesis chapter 1. The Bible specifically says that Adam and Eve were the first human beings ever created (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:18-25). This "Lilith" myth is popular in some radical feminist movements because Lilith is an example of a woman refusing to submit to male headship. While there are myths outside of the Word of God regarding Lilith, her complete absence from Scripture demonstrates that she is nothing more than a myth.

Recommended Resource: The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

floss

Star
@floss - I don’t want to pour cold water here but you appear to have hit on the explanation of nephilim offered by the other side. The only biblical basis given begins with the account offered in Genesis 6:4, which is the first mention of these entities...

Question: "Who was Lilith / Lillith? Does the Bible say anything about Adam having another wife before Eve?"

Answer:
There are legends that Adam had a wife before Eve who was named Lilith, but this is not found in the Bible. The legends vary significantly, but they all essentially agree that Lilith left Adam because she did not want to submit to him. According to the legends, Lilith was an evil, wicked woman who committed adultery with Satan and produced a race of evil creatures. None of this is true. There is no biblical basis whatsoever for these concepts. There is no one in the Bible named Lilith.

The passage most often pointed to as evidence for Lilith is Isaiah 34:14, which in the NRSV reads, "there too Lilith shall repose." This is a poor translation. Every other major translation of the Bible reads something to the effect of "night creature" or "screech owl." Even if "demon monster named Lilith" was the proper translation of the Hebrew word, Adam is nowhere even hinted at in this passage or its context. Whatever the Lilith was, it is not given any connection whatsoever to Adam or Creation.

Another commonly used support for Lilith is the differing Creation accounts in Genesis chapters 1-2. Some claim that the woman in Genesis 1 was Lilith, with the woman in Genesis 2 being Eve. This is completely ludicrous. Rather, Genesis chapter 2 is a "closer look" at the creation of Adam and Eve as recorded in Genesis chapter 1. The Bible specifically says that Adam and Eve were the first human beings ever created (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:18-25). This "Lilith" myth is popular in some radical feminist movements because Lilith is an example of a woman refusing to submit to male headship. While there are myths outside of the Word of God regarding Lilith, her complete absence from Scripture demonstrates that she is nothing more than a myth.

Recommended Resource: The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

I knew something was eerie about this. Last night the spirit of this "Lilith" took over my mind and stay there, couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about "her". This was definitely a doctrine of demon. Almost wander off into La La Land, thanks brother for being the Gate Keeper. God bless

llleopard

Established
This Nephilim topic is exciting! Feel like I'm breaking out of the matrix by obtaining these detailed Genesis mysteries. There was another woman before Eve? Her name was Lilith... mated with possibly Lucifer himself and bore the first Nephelim... this is mind blown and it does make sense.

Was Lilith the mother of the vampire race?
lynglyngibsonauthor
lynglyngibsonauthor
7 years ago
Lilith was said to have been the first mate to Adam, created by God from the dust of the earth, just as Adam. Because of this, she saw herself as his equal, Adam failed to see things the same way. After years of struggling between each other Lilith put and end to their marriage by refusing to submit to him and fleeing the Garden of Eden. Lilith came to live by the sea where God had previously cast down 199 angels that had gone against his commands, namely having relations with mortal females; thus fathering the Nephilim. The Nephilim have left in their wake a broad imprint in ancient documents, to include the modern day Bible. Known to have been giants that possessed unnatural abilities and knowledge, the Nephilim would later be tagged as Gods, and vampires.
Adam, after having calmed from their their argument began to realize that Lilith would not be returning to him. He shouted to God above him, “What am I to do now, I have no mate!” God looked down to Adam and pitied him. God then sent Gabriel with a handful of other Angels to retrieve Lilith and return her to Adam. When She refused, she was offered and ultimatum. In order to remain a free woman, Lilith would have to watch 100 of her children die every day. She accepted the ultimatum, but added terms of her own. For any male child born she would have dominion over him for 8 days, for every female, 20 days. Gabriel accepted her terms upon consulting with God and left Lilith standing in the center of the sea. God once again took pity on Adam and caused him to fall into a deep sleep when he would remove a rib and form Eve, his second mate.
By this point, Lilith had certainly established herself as the mother of demons, as noted in both the Book of Enoch and the Alphabet of Ben Sirach. Lilith, as a unique creation of God possessed certain attributes that her descendant did not. Having mated the downcast Angels, also unique creations that had retained their immortal lives and unnatural abilities, Lilith was certainly the mother of a superior race of beings. Inclinations of both Lilith and her offspring being known as blood drinkers exist in many ancient documents. Lilith was said to feed on infants. The Nephilim that she bore have also earned the reputations of being blood thirsty Gods.
Though the stories of Lilith and the Nephilim predate the Egyptian empire, many forms of documentation have been found in temple ruins where ancient Egypt once stood. Amulets, statues, jewelry, text and paintings all depict Lilith as a bloodthirsty and vengeful God. So, with all of this information in mind, does one form the opinion that Lilith could be the originator of the Vampire blood line. I caution you to ponder the legend and not form your final opinion until having read all of the theories of creation, as all of them have very valid roots and many forms of documentation that remains until this day.

I know this is a video game but I'm certain it was inspired by the principalities of this world.

Who is Lilith, and what role might the mother of the Nephalem play in Diablo 4?
That makes it that all the people at that point were children and descendants of Adam and Lilith, not Adam and Eve. Because Lilith goes off to sulk with the angels who violated humans, before Eve was even created. Which would have so many repercussions it's making my head spin.